I have already installed Leopard (iDeneb - vanilla kernel) on my Dell Precision 690.
Few days ago I have menaged to install and fully update retail version of Snow Leopard.
Now I'm thinking about installing Lion on my Dell.
Installation was fine (using iAtkos L2 distro), then I have used ##### to install DSDT and some additional kexts. But after restart I can not boot from Lion partition.
Everything is fine for few seconds then computer restarts and I even can not read what caused the problem.
Any one here with some success with installing Lion on DELL PRECISION 690 ?
I have LION 10.7.2 from iAtkos L2 installed and running, but after every restart I have to do -v boot flag, because otherwise I get kernel panic, no idea why.
Lion 10.7.2 perfectly running on Dell Precision 690.
I have decided to use Retail Lion + xMove + DSDT + Audio Kext.
What I did:
1) Install retail 10.7.0 (using this http://www.insanelym...howtopic=265900 as quite)
- I had to modify AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext for my SAS controller
2) Install combo update to 10.7.2
3) Install combo update 10.7.2 fix (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update Fixer.pkg) and again manually modify AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext (Update did replace it with new).
4) Add DSDT (I have used DSDT from my running SL - see attachment) to Extra folder on root, to prevent Lion from resetting my BIOS
5) Add VooDooHDA and EvOreboot.kext from ##### 4.2
Oh and I should mention that my starting point was running SL 10.6.8