• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

ngonchan

ngonchan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thanks Mahesh Kondraju & wen1,I've successfully installed Lion on to my laptop. Then, I've bought a Tenda W311M wireless USB and it works fine with Lion, now I have a fully hackintos :P

//@wen1 Sleep function work on my laptop, which's the same hardwares with you (I used your SSDT).

wen1

wen1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
awesome.

Do you have a 3D display on your laptop? If you don't have a #D panel, you are using Intel graphics and hence the resume from sleep works well.
My sleep issue seems to be related to nvidia graphics. My screen stays black after resume from sleep and in fact the fans start blowing relay high. The laptop is probably hint at that point. Seems like other with 3d panel also have the same issue.
I need to research more on how to fix that.

Thanks Mahesh Kondraju & wen1,I've successfully installed Lion on to my laptop. Then, I've bought a Tenda W311M wireless USB and it works fine with Lion, now I have a fully hackintos :P

//@wen1 Sleep function work on my laptop, which's the same hardwares with you (I used your SSDT).

Novecento

Novecento

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you very much for this very useful guide.
I'm waiting for iAKTOS_L2 download... Tomorrow I'll try to follow it

Novecento

Novecento

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've the same configuration (no monitor 3d \ a crucial m4) of first post but my installation stops on first screen (iaktos logo) when there is the choice between F8 for option or another key to continue. Whatever I choose, there is no sign of life.
Ideas? :P

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Interests:Building Operating Systems from scratch
@ Novecento

First and foremost u need to use the kernel flags -v GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=20 ( if u have i7 2630 qm use 20 or 2670 qm use 22) if ur using iATKOS L2 DVD. These flags are required at the boot or just place my org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist in extra using Transmac app and also place DSDT.aml & SSDT.aml in root of the DVD with the help of transmac app And then no look further just boot from DVD and wait for setup screen.

Secondly select ssd trim enabler in iATKOS L2 customization as ur using a ssd.

hope it solves the problem.

Cheers,
Mahesh Kondraju

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Posted A.16 DSDT, check the first post.

I am looking for some feedback from you guys.

Areas of concern is does the speed stepping working properly ? check it in 10.7.2 not 10.7.3, as proper speed stepper patch for 10.7.3 is still not available ( there is one patch available from beta builds).

Also check whether sleep & wake works ?

dienadel35

dienadel35

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Seems good lid has been closed all night and woke right up. The only issue I noticed is display settings is saying current resolution 1228 x 1024 not sure if that is a misrepresentation though it seems like it's HD and the resolution was always 1228x1024 so it's not specific to this DSDT.aml. I have the same exact configuration as yours except 6gigs rather then 8.
Thanks for the tutorial was very helpful !
Regards,
Kevin

ngonchan

ngonchan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry for a noob question: Forget it, I've just fixed it successfully :D
Have you upgraded Lion 10.7.2 from this guide to 10.7.3?

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Apple will be releasing OS X Mountain Lion ( No more MAC OS X ) this summer around July, this is a really quick release and shows that Apple accepts that Lion is a buggy release.

http://www.apple.com.../mountain-lion/

http://www.insanelym...his-summer-r943

I Think 10.7.4 or 10.7.5 might be last cycle update for mac OS X Lion.

So guys get ready for 10.8 OS X Mountain Lion.

c_cube

c_cube

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guys, any idea how to make the internal card reader work? noticed that it is not even recognize by my laptop under system profiler

and sleep is currently not working. black screen even after hitting any keys in the keyboard.

im using Mahesh DSDT V0.6 and Wen1's SSDT

My hack specs
2670QM, 550M, Full HD, non 3D
used iatkosL2 10.7.2 installer.

also, i would like to take this opportunity to thank Mahesh and Wen1.. GREAT JOB!

Owczar.zdw

Owczar.zdw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi!
I have L702x with 2630qm, 555m, 3D, A16 bios.
Installed iAtkos L2 with guide from first page (with modifying dmg - DSDT.aml (from A.16 DSDT.rar archive), SSDT.aml in the root of the DVD and replaced org.chameleon.boot.plist & smbios.plist.
Some problems with next step - can't boot into win7, only Lion. But I've done everything from next steps from OS X, so I guess it's ok? ;)
Have problem with graphics, can't go to 1920x1080 resolution, but when Graphicenabler in org.chameleon.boot.plist is set as "Yes" - resolution go ok, but I've got very low fps when for example switching safari to full screen.
I'm getting only 8247 points in geekbench. What i need to do?

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
@owczar.zdw

My guide works on non 3d screen where intel hd 3000 is active. check the thread posted by starbuck steve in tonymacosx86 forum.

@ c_cube

Try these Jmicron card reader kexts and let me know whether they work or not. Install them using kextutility.app

Attached Files

c_cube

c_cube

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
@mahesh

:thumbsup_anim:

WOOHOO!!! Thanks!! kexts working perfectly. Tried opening jpeg files, mp3 files, and safely remove of SD card are all working properly.

Before i tried AnyCardReader, AppleStorageDrivers, AppleUSBCardReader.Kext but all of these didn't work.

i must say that now my hack is almost 100% working aside from intel wifi and optimus 550M, only sleep and wake don't work but it is a minor issue for me.

Also, im wondering from above post of @ngochan, according to him his sleep function is working properly using wen1's SSDT - which also currently im using.

Owczar.zdw

Owczar.zdw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Reinstalled iAtkos with gf100 drivers - gt555m works great :D Updated to 10.7.3 - working :)
Here is my score in geekbench - http://browse.geekbe...ekbench2/566084
It should be better? How do I know if speedstepper works? I wonder it looks like CPU is on 2.0ghz and should be 2.8
Also my webcam doesn't work... I'm using DSDT from A.16 dsdt archive, what I need to do to fix it?

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
@ Owczar.zdw

I dont think speed stepping is working, u should get around 9600 on geekbench with 2630 qm and 10,100 with 2670 qm. Delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from System/Library/Extensions and then clear the caches

i mean delete kernelcache present in System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and then finally install this kext ( Only for 10.7.3) with kextutility.app restart and test with geekbench.

Regarding ur webcam install latest chameleon v2.1 bootloader

Attached Files

Owczar.zdw

Owczar.zdw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
This kext helps little ;) Now I've got 8899 points. But still to low...
I have installed chameleon from this link http://www.osx86.net...on_support.html
The latest:

Chameleon-2.1svn-r1827.pkg

And still no webcam :(

Oh and forgot:
Sleep isn't working - It's go to sleep when I manually choose "Sleep", but when I close laptop it still working. Also Waking Up doesn't work - I've getting black screen and roaring fans ;)

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

@ Owczar.zdw

I guess you seem to be using my DSDT but i have a non 3d screen laptop, i would recommend you to

check the thread posted by starbuck steve in tonymacosx86 forum and use his DSDT it might solve all problems.

By the way sleep & wake doesnt seem to work on 3d screen xps 17.

c_cube

c_cube

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
My Geekbech score http://browse.geekbe...ekbench2/566438

thanks to this awesome guide..

Jon Lachonis

Jon Lachonis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello and thank you! I'm very close to being Hackintosh enabled thanks to your guide! I have the I5 processor in my l702x. How would I adapt this guide to my processor?

Lee Gibson

Lee Gibson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!

First off nice guide.

Secondly, which version of iATKOS are you using? I downloaded iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD which is a .ISO but it doesn't have the same folders as you mention in your guide. I downloaded the most recent one which is iATKOS L2M (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2) and that is a DMG. I think you're using but I can't overwrite the files with Transmac. I think this is because I'm using Windows 7?

Many thanks,

Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy