iATKOS L2 can't boot

Cheap

34 posts in this topic

try typing -v at the boot prompt and follow the progress, when it stops completely tell me (roughly) what it shows that looks like it might be an error. Perhaps take a picture.

You might also try at boot: -v PCIRootUID=1

Also make sure that in bios your SATA is set for AHCI mode.

You can check if your PC BIOS is at AHCI or IDE mode. If IDE mode, change to AHCI, if AHCI mode, try using USB retail install (8GB USB Drive or more).

Thank you Vinnicius. I can't change it to whatever mode as there is no such option in BIOS. My PC is SATA non-AHCI.

• Like 1

No, that's a myth, though it makes things easier if your SATA controller supports it, AHCI mode is not a requirement to install OS X. I post this at least once a week, hopefully I'll be able to puncture this myth eventually.

There are drivers available for both nforce and intel SATA controllers that can't be set to AHCI mode.

'ACPI table not found:DSDT.aml'

'ACPI table not found:SSDT.aml'

Those are status messages from the Chameleon boot loader, not error messages. When you see these messages, OS X hasn't begun to load yet. Chameleon looks for ACPI table dumps in /Extra and shows these messages when it doesn't find any. Nothing to worry about.

I booted with -x -v and ended with black screen even no error shown.

I booted with -v -x cpus=1, again stucked with black screen and no error.

I don't know what to do now.

A few weeks ago I installed it on my desktop PC Dell Vostro 220 and I got no problem at all.

OMG! I have been missing you Mac OS X Lion Hackintosh. Did my dream vanish with no solution? Oh, guys help me please!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, i have the same problem. Don't panic ! Run cpu-z from an os on your computer, and look at the "multiplier" (we going to call him m). Then, load your bootloader, then type " -v busratio=m ". If i don't works, try with " mach_qoopz -v busratio=m "

IMPORTANT => type in the right order !

And tell me if it works !

Links :

CPU-Z : http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.html

multiplier ( m ) :

post-927892-0-30547600-1326540603_thumb.png => replace something ( m ) with yours

Ok, i have the same problem. Don't panic ! Run cpu-z from an os on your computer, and look at the "multiplier" (we going to call him m). Then, load your bootloader, then type " -v busratio=m ". If i don't works, try with " mach_qoopz -v busratio=m "

IMPORTANT => type in the right order !

And tell me if it works !

Thanks mac35000, I'll tell you whatever the result is. My OS is now Leopard 10.5.8 and I'm using CPU-X to get the multiplier.

I've got the same problem with my Dell Precision M65...

Specs: Intel Core Duo (x86)

2GB RAM DDR2

80GB HardDrive

NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M

Sigmatel 9200 Audio

EDIT: I booted with -F and i came to White Apple screen but no spinning thingy... Guess its progress?

mount your installation media on other computer, and search for the file "mach_qoopz", who is under a lot of others!! ;) If you don't find this file, download it and place it in your / on your installation media. This kernel is the best for dell computers !!

I think you can't enter ".something" in a multiplier, so test only with "13".

The error message "Can't find kernel (mach_qoopz)" appears because you don't have qoopz kernel installed.

There is 2 solution :

1) Download it and place it in "
/
" ( google is your friend
;)
)

2) Use "
chocolate_kernel
" (if he is installed, i remember he is on L1 but for L2 i don't know
:)
)

mount your installation media on other computer, and search for the file "mach_qoopz", who is under a lot of others!! ;) If you don't find this file, download it and place it in your / on your installation media. This kernel is the best for dell computers !!

I think, I'd better get the chocolate_kernel because my notebook is Acer. As I said before, iATKOS L1/L2 works fine on my Dell Vostro 220.

I think you can't enter ".something" in a multiplier, so test only with "13".

The error message "Can't find kernel (mach_qoopz)" appears because you don't have qoopz kernel installed.

There is 2 solution :

1) Download it and place it in "
/
" ( google is your friend
;)
)

2) Use "
chocolate_kernel
" (if he is installed, i remember he is on L1 but for L2 i don't know
:)
)

Sure, I typed busratio=13/14 but no good result. OK, I'll find my iATKOS L1 and search for the chocolate thing.

My laptop (6720s) doesn't boot from iatkos L2 DVD.... Dunno why...

I have to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but even so, when iatksos is loading in verbose mode, the system auto restarts itself. WTF ?