{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

This happened to me once but I could still see abit if I changed the place of my mouse pointer, so I could delete the 10~ kexts in extenstions folder like the tutorial from system/library/extensions and then copy them again just as the tutorial says and then rebuilding cache using kext utility.

Thanks a lot for the tutor! :thumbsup_anim:

Everything works, but on start my screen brightness has not it's full range and max is around half of it's real capabilities.

Only if wake up after sleep the screen can work in full brightness.

How to solve this issue?

Sorry for my english.

I'm a beginner I love a Mac and I haven't a money to buy one.

Please can anybody help me to patch my DSDT file and prepaire to me the boot install with all nessesary files and drivers to install Mac OS X Mountain Lion to my DEL Inspiron N5110 with this characteristic:

Intel® Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 8GB

Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

You can find all my pc system information in the attachment.

DxDiag.txt

I'm a beginner I love a Mac and I haven't a money to buy one.

Please can anybody help me to patch my DSDT file and prepaire to me the boot install with all nessesary files and drivers to install Mac OS X Mountain Lion to my DEL Inspiron N5110 with this characteristic:

Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 8GB

Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

You can find all my pc system information in the attachment.

your wireless card isnt supported. and there is an ssdt.aml for your cpu on the first post.

your wireless card isnt supported. and there is an ssdt.aml for your cpu on the first post.

I tell them that in my case I replace the Intel Centrino N1030 wifi card for a Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n.

On the Dell website are the technical manuals to open the computer and replace the mini wifi card, it is very easy and there is no risk, only to be disconnected the battery and power cord. No special tools are required. In ebay sold this card $12,00

This card is 100% native, should only install the kext IOath3kfrmwr.kext to run the bluetooth.

Regards

Sorry for my english.

updated kext for 10.8.1pervious kext was 10.8.0

IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext.zip

Hi Mohamed I installed this injector with Kext Utility directly and to my surprise I went to check the kext IOAHCIBlockStorage in the \ IOAHCIFamily.kext \ Contents \ PlugIns in IOAHCIFamily.kext and automatically replaced

When upgrading to 10.8.1 do not take care to update this injector and corrupted my OSX partition, to the point that I had to format and reinstall again. Really this kext plays a critical role in system stability.

regards

I tell them that in my case I replace the Intel Centrino N1030 wifi card for a Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n.

On the Dell website are the technical manuals to open the computer and replace the mini wifi card, it is very easy and there is no risk, only to be disconnected the battery and power cord. No special tools are required. In ebay sold this card $12,00

This card is 100% native, should only install the kext IOath3kfrmwr.kext to run the bluetooth.

Regards

Sorry for my english.

Hi Mohamed I installed this injector with Kext Utility directly and to my surprise I went to check the kext IOAHCIBlockStorage in the \ IOAHCIFamily.kext \ Contents \ PlugIns in IOAHCIFamily.kext and automatically replaced

When upgrading to 10.8.1 do not take care to update this injector and corrupted my OSX partition, to the point that I had to format and reinstall again. Really this kext plays a critical role in system stability.

regards

hey so i found this in amazon is it the right one also does it have bluetooth as well? http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Atheros-AR5B95-802-11B-518436-001/dp/B0096GQOAO/ref=lh_ni_t

and second u suggetioning that the 18.1 kext is good to use ?

also how do i remove the curtian card i have am afaird of breaking the wires

hey so i found this in amazon is it the right one also does it have bluetooth as well? http://www.amazon.co...OAO/ref=lh_ni_t

and second u suggetioning that the 18.1 kext is good to use ?

also how do i remove the curtian card i have am afaird of breaking the wires

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-Atheros-AR5B195-AR3011-WiFi-WLAN-Bluetooth-Combo-Half-Mini-PCI-E-Card-/250969556691?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item3a6ef386d3

Do not be afraid, just separating the two wifi antenna wires with a flat screwdriver, carefully and gently clear. Even with your fingers can do.

Check ebay page that place, that's the card I bought and works natively and install the kext mentioning.

regards

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a6ef386d3

Do not be afraid, just separating the two wifi antenna wires with a flat screwdriver, carefully and gently clear. Even with your fingers can do.

Check ebay page that place, that's the card I bought and works natively and install the kext mentioning.

regards

hey i just open my computer and notice i have two mini pci cards , one of them only has wireless centrion , and the second one has wireless centrion + wimax

they are separate chips

so which one do i replace ?

Thank you. This BIOS is patched like the A10 you posted and avoid patched the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext?

How do I install it?

there are more versions:

n5110a11_orig.exe – original file from Dell

n5110a11_orig.hdr – original hdr file, used for recovery

n5110a11_orig.rom – original rom file

n5110a11_PM.rom – AICPUPM patch

n5110a11_PM_microcode.rom – AICPUPM and microcode updated

n5110a11_PM_microcode_blackLogo.rom – AICPUPM microcode and black logo

amiflash is used to install the bios

Hello Mohamed, could you please make a new patch bios for my N4050 A08 bios?

Or, If you have time, may be can tell me how i could make one myslef.

What tools are needed?

The another one that you have make, working very well here.

Thanks.

Edited.

Have i to make a new DSDT after that?

Hello Mohamed, could you please make a new patch bios for my N4050 A08 bios?

Or, If you have time, may be can tell me how i could make one myslef.

What tools are needed?

The another one that you have make, working very well here.

Thanks.

Edited.

Have i to make a new DSDT after that?

post your dsdt

Hi i got a dell 5110 with intel 1030 mini pci wireless card which is not supported with osx.So i got an atheros AR5B95 AR9285 mini pci to replace it.But i wonder if this card supporst bluetooth as intel 1030.Before i start the procedure u guys may help me.After replace will i have bluetooth?

Did i get the wrong card cause there is an atheros AR5B195 model with bluetooth?

and also there is a Dell DW 1702 with the same chipset.