{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I'm in trouble and I need your help!

I have only one 8GB Pendrive and I put the OS X installer with Chameleon Bootloader on it. I have to use my pendrive now however I don't want to do the whole Pre install procedure again.

Could you tell me how I can burn the whole data content with bootloader to the bootable Double Layer DVD?

I am waiting for your response!

Have a nice weekend!

Tibor from Hungary

And I have an another question. How can I install windows on GPT partition without UEFI? Because I watched the video tutorial and the guy created the GUID Partiton table with 3 labels.
I know if I install windows with UEFI I'll get audio issues. 

And I have an another question. How can I install windows on GPT partition without UEFI? Because I watched the video tutorial and the guy created the GUID Partiton table with 3 labels.

I know if I install windows with UEFI I'll get audio issues. 

When you switched on your laptop press F12 button and choose USB drive to boot the installer instead of UEFI. That way the installer will boot using legacy mode.

When you switched on your laptop press F12 button and choose USB drive to boot the installer instead of UEFI. That way the installer will boot using legacy mode.

I know that however can the windows be installed to the GPT partition in legacy mode?

I know that however can the windows be installed to the GPT partition in legacy mode?

threre's not way to do so. You should use only MBR for legacy or "hybrid disk" with gpt and mbr partitions(that is real workaround, don't think you should do somthing like that). BTW you can use own disks for each OS.

And Does iMessage work fine with Clover in Yosemite?

Another question, if I upgrade to El Capiten can I use every function the system? I mean USB 3 and sound, wifi etc.. Because I saw it had some issues in the past..

USB always tends to require special adjustments and tuning in El Capitan. Often, you need to identify all your ports through IOReg (for instance, plug a USB key in each port and check where the key gets listed in IORegistryExplorer), then make a USB injector kext for your chosen SMBIOS profile.

I've explained the troubleshooting and implentation process for my Dell Latitude E6440 here. The general approach/idea is kind of universal, so you can re-use it and adjust to your own system.

Thank you!

And does iMessage work properly?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry for this disturbance, but i have downloaded the bios mod file and i realize it and pre install are the same ?, i can not find bios file anywhere. Could anyone help me please, i'll very appreciate that.

it will work as the mod bios of this topic ?...and please enlighten me the way of using this

Yes, it works. Please check the first page under the UEFI CLOVER section.

I copied the linked url here.

After the bios update you have to follow this video instruction. Pre install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=94&v=D_HiCCbdQ6M

• Like 1

Yes, it works. Please check the first page under the UEFI CLOVER section.

I copied the linked url here.

After the bios update you have to follow this video instruction. Pre install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=94&v=D_HiCCbdQ6M

many thanks, but this method can be applied in EI capital 10.11.3 right ?. we can use DSDT, ssdt and kext in 10.10 for 10.11 ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I need your help.

I updated my BIOS (Florin9doi UEFI) however I can't see the UEFI boot option next to the USB when I press the F12 button. What's wrong with it?
I put the installer to the external hard drive and I use it with USB connection.

I am waiting for your response!

Update: I solved this problem. I didn't update the newest Florin9doi "BIOS" just aptido. So I downloaded that from Florin9doi's site and Iam able to use UEFI boot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Guys!

I have another problem. I've never had any problems before...

When I boot the installer from the USB drive I get this screen and stop the half of loading process. I did everything exactly same like in the tutorial.
I did with 10.10.0 MAS and 10.10.5 MAS, still not working.
It always repeats this screen. https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=D0FC63A4B6F065D3&id=D0FC63A4B6F065D3%214635&parId=D0FC63A4B6F065D3%212213&o=OneUp

Update: OMG. The USB drive was connected via eSATA port. It worked when I changed it to USB 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When I try to install 11.0 I get this screen. (I change the kext's folder for 11.0 inside the clover folder) https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iC-Rp3qM_ug/hqdefault.jpg

Now I have no idea what the problem is.

Please help me!

Hi Guys 

I am trying to install OS X EL CAPITAN using this guide.I followed each and every step listed here but i am always stuck at USB Installer prohibited logo (when i boot from UEFI Usb and select my install os x usb apple logo comes up for few seconds then prohibited logo ).

i have already flashed hacked BIOS and converted my partition style to gpt.

I am trying for days but no luck.

can anyone please help me.

My specs are as follow:

Dell inspiron n5110 i5-2410m

6GB Ram

640 GB HDD

Nvidia gt-525m graphics card.

PS:

I can install OS X Lion from Usb which i created back in 2013 using Chameleon Bootloader.

Guys plz plz help me.

Thanks in advance.

The "Ű/ Í" buttons has changed in the Hungarian keyboard after installing 10.10.5. I fixed it.

"

1. Move the keyboard layout to /Library/Keyboard Layouts/. Keyboard layouts in ~/Library/Keyboard Layouts/ can't be selected in password dialogs or on the login window.
  2. Restart the computer. Logging out and back in is not enough.
  3. Enable the new keyboard layout from System Preferences.

To apply changes to a keyboard layout, run sudo touch /Library/Keyboard\ Layouts/ and restart.

"

Finally, you can enjoy the fully working Hungarian keyboard.

Have fun!

Rezsicc

Dell Hungarian Keyboard 10.10.5.bundle.zip