• Please log in to reply
2316 replies to this topic

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

how to clover boot up to OS X automaticaly without hit "enter" key ? when I use chameleon, I use quite boot, it's boot up automaticaly, if I want to boot to Windows I just need press F12, So I wan do this with clover, is it possible ?

use clover configurator to change time, or edit config.plist in EFI folder 

Phillip_

Phillip_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi I'm new in this stuff just want to ask a few question

1.There are 2 bios mod so i dun know which one to flash

2.There are also 2 guide the main one and the one with clover...again i dun know which one to follow and yeah the links in UEFI clover guide are dead

3.I'll only use Mac OS X on this laptop since i already got a MBP for work so i dun really know which guide to follow

Last week i tried OS X 10.9.4 installer ( Did everything as described in main guide and use the lastest bios hacked my florin9doi ) and boot up and the installer would not go past the spinning wheel at the edge of the screen

Dell N5110

Core i5 2410M

4GB

500GB ( completely clean disk no windows no linux )

HD3000 + GT525M

I've taken out WIFI card and bluetooth since i will not use them 

Already got 10.10 on my MBP so only want to use 10.9.4 on this laptop :)

Any help will be awesome

Thank

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Hi I'm new in this stuff just want to ask a few question

1.There are 2 bios mod so i dun know which one to flash

2.There are also 2 guide the main one and the one with clover...again i dun know which one to follow and yeah the links in UEFI clover guide are dead

3.I'll only use Mac OS X on this laptop since i already got a MBP for work so i dun really know which guide to follow

Last week i tried OS X 10.9.4 installer ( Did everything as described in main guide and use the lastest bios hacked my florin9doi ) and boot up and the installer would not go past the spinning wheel at the edge of the screen

Dell N5110

Core i5 2410M

4GB

500GB ( completely clean disk no windows no linux )

HD3000 + GT525M

I've taken out WIFI card and bluetooth since i will not use them 

Already got 10.10 on my MBP so only want to use 10.9.4 on this laptop :)

Any help will be awesome

Thank

Clover route is by far the better method in general, Ive not heard of many problems on this model with the bios mod (in both cases the bios is modified anyway), The links will be updated soon I'm sure, or somebody who has already downloaded will upload again.

edit*

follow post #1 links for bios mod, pre install and post install all seem live still.

dREAmCaTCHeR

dREAmCaTCHeR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Hi, 

I've been following the updates here and I've just updated my bios with the latest custom mod

I've been using chameleon and Mavericks alongside Windows 8 & my Data storage partition. 

My HDD is MBR and not GPT I don't want to format my entire HDD is there any work around to using the clover install on MBR disk?

The screenshot below shows how my system is configured.

screenshot.jpg

gtornadoes

gtornadoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Okay, so I seriously need help, I'm having trouble with my wifi. Everything works just fine except for the wifi, and I'm tired of using my ethernet cable. It's driving my family nuts. 

I obviously have a Dell Inspiron N5110 that I've had since December of 2011.

I successfully installed Yosemite on my computer and updated it to Developer Preview 7. A while back, I ordered a Dell Wireless 1702 card off of Amazon, and it is Atheros AR5B95, which I heard was compatible.  I installed it onto my computer, and found a kext off the internet for it. However, it will not identify ANY network. I cannot set up wifi manually, and it will just keep saying it is searching for a network. The icon appears on my menu bar is there, but again no networks will detect.

Did I put it in wrong? Do I need to re-plug in the antenna cables? What kext did you use for your wifi to work? What should I do? Please help me, I have researched a lot and nothing has worked so far. 

Screenshots are attached in the links.

http://postimg.org/image/9natqk2m5/

http://postimg.org/image/pd6yp89wj/

http://postimg.org/image/6djydihtr/

Phillip_

Phillip_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Clover route is by far the better method in general, Ive not heard of many problems on this model with the bios mod (in both cases the bios is modified anyway), The links will be updated soon I'm sure, or somebody who has already downloaded will upload again.

edit*

follow post #1 links for bios mod, pre install and post install all seem live still.

I followed the main guide ( #1 Bios and Pre install and #2 Post install ) and i booted up and got past Apple Screen but stuck at mouse spinning screen and it would not go any further

Both OS X 10.9.4 and OS X 10.10

THat's why i want to try the UEFI Clover in #5 but links are dead except for the new bios mod

Phillip_

Phillip_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Okay, so I seriously need help, I'm having trouble with my wifi. Everything works just fine except for the wifi, and I'm tired of using my ethernet cable. It's driving my family nuts. 

I obviously have a Dell Inspiron N5110 that I've had since December of 2011.

I successfully installed Yosemite on my computer and updated it to Developer Preview 7. A while back, I ordered a Dell Wireless 1702 card off of Amazon, and it is Atheros AR5B95, which I heard was compatible.  I installed it onto my computer, and found a kext off the internet for it. However, it will not identify ANY network. I cannot set up wifi manually, and it will just keep saying it is searching for a network. The icon appears on my menu bar is there, but again no networks will detect.

Did I put it in wrong? Do I need to re-plug in the antenna cables? What kext did you use for your wifi to work? What should I do? Please help me, I have researched a lot and nothing has worked so far. 

Screenshots are attached in the links.

http://postimg.org/image/9natqk2m5/

http://postimg.org/image/pd6yp89wj/

http://postimg.org/image/6djydihtr/

I think you did not plug in back the antenna cables ( both white and black ) and it's mandatory to make wireless connectivity work

gtornadoes

gtornadoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yeah I plugged them back in, I was wondering if the colors mattered if they went in a certain order, or if I didn't plug them in all of the way. I'll try that later today. 

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I followed the main guide ( #1 Bios and Pre install and #2 Post install ) and i booted up and got past Apple Screen but stuck at mouse spinning screen and it would not go any further

Both OS X 10.9.4 and OS X 10.10

THat's why i want to try the UEFI Clover in #5 but links are dead except for the new bios mod

post #1  supersedes post 5# really now, as its UEFI clover guide, but using Yosemite, no reason why it won't work with Mavericks as well, just follow the guide but using Mav install.app rather than Yosemite.

boot with -v flag to see why its stopping, post a photo see if anyone can help.

Hi, 

I've been following the updates here and I've just updated my bios with the latest custom mod

I've been using chameleon and Mavericks alongside Windows 8 & my Data storage partition. 

My HDD is MBR and not GPT I don't want to format my entire HDD is there any work around to using the clover install on MBR disk?

The screenshot below shows how my system is configured.

screenshot.jpg

I don't think so.

I know on genuine UEFI bios windows 8 runs UEFI too, much better, but have a read back a few pages and see if you will benefit from it or not, I think I read about some issues with windows UEFI, but it may be all sorted out now.

gtornadoes

gtornadoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I think you did not plug in back the antenna cables ( both white and black ) and it's mandatory to make wireless connectivity work

So I did go ahead and tried to reinstall the wifi card, I also made sure the antenna cables were secure and were not loose. This did not fix the problem, I still have the same exact issue. Did I still do something wrong? What else could it have been? 

Florin9doi

Florin9doi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

you dont need any kext for dell 1702. just a dsdt patch

gtornadoes

gtornadoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

you dont need any kext for dell 1702. just a dsdt patch

So what do I need, and what to do to patch it then?

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

So what do I need, and what to do to patch it then?

correct dsdt from page 1 to match your spec.

you may need to replace the kext with the original at the same time, can be extracted from install.app

also try to cycle the wifi card, pressing the wifi button and waiting.

gtornadoes

gtornadoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

correct dsdt from page 1 to match your spec.

you may need to replace the kext with the original at the same time, can be extracted from install.app

also try to cycle the wifi card, pressing the wifi button and waiting.

I feel extremely stupid. All I had to do was cycle the wifi card. .-.  Thank you so much for helping.

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I feel extremely stupid. All I had to do was cycle the wifi card. .-.  Thank you so much for helping.

Don't feel stupid, I sat for ages with the same issue once myself lol...

vanquybn

vanquybn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Is there anyone has unlocked the hiden menu as guide from @Florin9doi ?

Please share your experience? what will be work/not work ?

Thanks!

LexS007

LexS007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Is there anyone has unlocked the hiden menu as guide from @Florin9doi ?
Please share your experience? what will be work/not work ?
Thanks!

This FILE is Florin9doi's UEFI boot bios with unhidden menu patch and replaced PXE module with Plop Boot Manager

Bonus:
For permanently disable NVIDIA card need boot into bios and go to the chipset tab. Then press System Agent (SA) Configuration => Graphics Configuration  and change Primary Display from SG to IGFX.

I test it, but you do so at your own risk!

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy