{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

did you check "PROGRAM ALL BLOCKS" in flash program?

hi, 

yes i have checked PROGRAM ALL BLOCKS , at the moment when i open the BIOS first 5 menus are default menus then next to them UEFI, also when i press F12 i can see UEFI : Removable Flash Driver or "PLOP BOOT MANAGER" 

What could be the issue now?

hi, 

yes i have checked PROGRAM ALL BLOCKS , at the moment when i open the BIOS first 5 menus are default menus then next to them UEFI, also when i press F12 i can see UEFI : Removable Flash Driver or "PLOP BOOT MANAGER" 

What could be the issue now?

Maybe you did something wrong while creating bootable usb.. Try to do it once more, sometimes it's can help to solve your problem)

Maybe you did something wrong while creating bootable usb.. Try to do it once more, sometimes it's can help to solve your problem)

Hey, thanks....i have succesfully installed 10.10, the only thing now is that i can boot to mac via USB based Chameleon Bootloader and everything works, sound , touchpad, wifi, ethernet full res on intel.... i have installed clover , when it tries to boot to mac it just shows a Blank screen there and nothing happens.... What could be wrong? Additionally i want to ask, VoodooPS2 multitouch only works in clover or i can use legacy Chameleon? Because as of now i have installed RehabMans kexts and it doesnt seems to work, it just shows No touchpad.

Just these two thing and my mac is finally done.

All thanks to you guys.

Hey, thanks....i have succesfully installed 10.10, the only thing now is that i can boot to mac via USB based Chameleon Bootloader and everything works, sound , touchpad, wifi, ethernet full res on intel.... i have installed clover , when it tries to boot to mac it just shows a Blank screen there and nothing happens.... What could be wrong? Additionally i want to ask, VoodooPS2 multitouch only works in clover or i can use legacy Chameleon? Because as of now i have installed RehabMans kexts and it doesnt seems to work, it just shows No touchpad.

Just these two thing and my mac is finally done.

All thanks to you guys.

You should know whant is spec of your trackpad such as ALPS, Elan ... so you can chose right version of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I think i need to correct VoodooPS2 , but i have no experience with it, currently, i have everything working, TouchPad too, just no Multi Gestures.

This is the VoodooPS2 Log at startup:

Dec 4, 2015, 1:20:40 PM kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: RTL8168B/8111B: (Chipset 0) at 0xffffff8097d0d000, 18: 3:73:9a:cf:b8

Dec 4, 2015, 1:20:40 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.13 loaded...

Dec 4, 2015, 1:20:40 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00

Dec 4, 2015, 1:20:40 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.13 loaded...

I have full QE/CI and nvidia card is also detected but not loaded of course. 
  • Like 1

Hey, m fine with just 2 finger scroll i just need that only. As i stated ibhace used Rahabmans kext and i am getting that byte error while startup.

VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00

This, and i have then just basic functionality.

If i use raduts alps v6 branch , i completely lose the touchpad and keyboard alotogerher.

multitouch is actually sending key strokes, but you should have scroll with two fingers.

for the rest of multitouch gestures go to keyboard -shortcuts ,edit one and then make the right 3/4 fingers gesture.

you should try https://github.com/radut/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller- alps_v6 branch

good luck

Tried this and i am getting the byte error same.

What did you do to make it work?

I used ruduts alps_v6 branch , edited AlpsGlidePoint.cpp and edited Inspiron N5110 ID, changed from 0X03 to 0x00 and recompiled the whole after that i had VoodooPS2Controller.kext which i opened and copied all the kexts from its Plugin Folder, then installed those kexts and this VoodooPS2Controller.kext using Kext Wizard, and now i have it all working fine and smooth. I have even move forward, move back , 3 finger zoom in zoom out and all gestures too.

Thanks everyone.

I am using 10.10.5,Chimera 4.0, everything working up to date.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@benmacfreak

Oh that's really great! I am following first post(coping EFI) to install El Capitan 10.11.2 but it can't boot OS X after loading clover i.e. there is no loading bar only logo which later turn to prohibited symbol. Could you please tell us or explain which guide you followed, your system config or is it matching with my config?

Thanks

if you see last 4 pages or so, ppl have tried with clover method following first post but lost USB 3.0 so if enoch works and works even after migration to clover then its a kind of workaround who wish to get El Capitan working...May be if you share your recipe...some other chefs could improve it further.. :)

• Like 1

if you see last 4 pages or so, ppl have tried with clover method following first post but lost USB 3.0 so if enoch works and works even after migration to clover then its a kind of workaround who wish to get El Capitan working...May be if you share your recipe...some other chefs could improve it further.. :)

yeah ill do that soon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...