{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Here are some things to try:

- Reset your BIOS (remove CMOS battery).

- Try booting OS X without any DSDT or SSDT. And drop all OEM SSDTs from Clover's GUI.

I tried clearing cmos by removing battery, booting with different boot flags -v and things like that but I still get that

http://imgur.com/fV2k7dK

Has any of you guys upgraded the Cpu on our N5110 laptop and if so what steps did you follow?

I would really appreciate any input.

Did you try the last step Dr.Hurt suggested? the issue is more than likely going to be solved by patching your own DSDT and / or  dropping SSDT in clover, also list exaclty what boot flags you have tried, what happens when you do? does it get any further or stop at the same point...

Also, try deleting the plugin kexts in FakeSMC and booting again (back them up first)

Did you try the last step Dr.Hurt suggested? the issue is more than likely going to be solved by patching your own DSDT and / or  dropping SSDT in clover, also list exaclty what boot flags you have tried, what happens when you do? does it get any further or stop at the same point...

Also, try deleting the plugin kexts in FakeSMC and booting again (back them up first)

Sorry for the late reply guys, i have been really busy this week with work and didnt have the time to pursuit this problem.

So i will be back from next week trying to fix the cpu upgrade issue.

Any suggestions are welcome though. :)  

I have Dell inspiron n5110 core i5 with service tag 58R5PT1  and do the same steps but cannot install from flash

can any one help

Sometimes is helpful use USB2 port. Have you tried?

I was also interested in this question. I spent the two days on this problem, but when I was able to run the sound USB stopped working.I have left this activity to better times.

so, wait for release?

Hi guys, I need a list of WiFi half size mini pci that work on Yosemite.

i think THIS LINK can help you.

look for dell 1702, its rebranded atheros, not sure if your laptop has a whitelist, user manual might help.

this card isn't good at all, so, it's better to buy something compatible with OS X (Apple Airport, Apple Continuity, etc), it's not too expensive, $30-40

i think THIS LINK can help you.

this card isn't good at all, so, it's better to buy something compatible with OS X (Apple Airport, Apple Continuity, etc), it's not too expensive, $30-40

To say it isn't good at all is misleading, its the card that many of these models come with, and is supported by the guide.. for simplicity, its the ideal one to get if you are following this guide alone. Of course there are better cards, much better, but as I stated, I don't know if this model has a whitelist or not, if it doesn't, great, get a broadcom instead :)

To say it isn't good at all is misleading, its the card that many of these models come with, and is supported by the guide.. for simplicity, its the ideal one to get if you are following this guide alone. Of course there are better cards, much better, but as I stated, I don't know if this model has a whitelist or not, if it doesn't, great, get a broadcom instead :)

Dell Wireless 1702 can't run Continuity, for example, and has older versions of bluetooth and wi-fi (bt 3.0+hs, 802.11b/g/n). New card supports all new features of OS X 10.10 like Continuity and has new versions (bt4, 802.11 b/g/n/ac). 

So, this card (1702) works fine but without new features... and for me without 802.11n (don't know why)...

• Like 1