The 10.7.2 update installation, With iCloud fix

Gabecm

83 posts in this topic

and it also didnt work with WEP, WPA . only non secured.

Thanks LatinMcG, I've tried this, nothing happens on re-boot, no new network adapters.

There has to be people on this forum who also do not have on board LAN or wifi and use a USB WiFi adapter to get online - that are currently using iCloud.

I am sorry my mistake. The serial never turn green but it will turn off the yellow text in front that state " Serial # is not match your Mac Family" once you see one that doesn't have that yellow text you can save it and replace it with you smbios.plist but don't forget to rebuilt your Extensions mkext before restart your system.

Excuse me, where can i see the colour of the serial

• 1 month later...

Hello. I'm using iAtkos L2 with my netbook (specs below) and trying to get icloud working. I have heard it should work out of box with iAtkos, for me it didn't.

I'm going online with my onboard ethernet, which is en0 and defined built-in so that's OK.

I'm currently using SMBios which mimics a MacBookAir4,1. Even remote optical drive function works via my iMac. :)

I have tried the default MacPro3,1 (system runs awfully slow), MacBookAir2,1 (same result as MacPro) and MacBookAir3,1.

I have tried Chameleon 1495, 1627VS, 1730 and the default 1650.

I generated all the serials with champlist's serial generator, but I get the "AppleID valid but not iCloud account" every time. Or if trying to create a new one, "cant create ID right now, wait and try again".

I know my apple ID is OK because I can log in to icloud.com with no problems. Also App Store and iTunes DO work. FaceTime and iCloud do not. Any ideas/others with a Lion netbook?

Samsung NC110

Intel Atom n570 @1.66GHz dual

2GB 1333MHz DDR3

Intel GMA3150 (res 1024x600x32 OK, no QE/CI)

iAtkos L2 Lion 10.7.2

Chameleon 2.1svn-r1730/1650/1627VS/1495

Built in ethernet OK

Huawei 3g usb datacard OK

Webcam OK but slow

Not rolling:

No wifi (card incompatible)

No sound (every kext tried just circulate the sound creating a massive beep <_< )

Touchpad+keyboard OK but no scrolling

No sleep

No iCloud.

E// I was able to put a real pushing iCloud account on iCal manually, without the prefpane. But this resets on reboot. :/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So yesterday Apple released the 10.7.2 update for Lion, Here are the changelogs:

”The 10.7.2 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. It also includes support for iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices. iCloud on OS X Lion includes the following features:

iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List and automatically pushes them to all your devices.

Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.

Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.

Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one and then follow the on screen instructions. To learn more about iCloud visit http://www.apple.com/icloud.

The 10.7.2 update also includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:

Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.

Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.

Address an issue that causes the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.

Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.

Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.

Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.

Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.

Enable booting in to Lion Recovery from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.

Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.

Improve Active Directory integration.”

Included is the Safari 5.1.1 Update:

Safari 5.1.1 also contains various fixes and improvements to performance, stability, usability, compatibility, accessibility and security, including fixes that:

Improve JavaScript performance up to 13% over Safari 5.1*

Address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage

Improve stability when using Find, dragging tabs, and managing extensions

Improve stability for netflix.com and other websites that use the Silverlight plug-in

Add a Show Downloads item to the View menu

Improve the consistency of the pinch to zoom gesture

Address issues in full screen that affected search suggestions, URL updating, window sizing, and the title bar

Address an issue that could prevent East Asian character input into webpages with Flash content

Address an issue that could cause Safari to open links in windows instead of tabs

Improve PDF handling

Address an issue that could affect cookie and data deletion

Address an issue that could cause History items to appear incorrectly

Correct the text in application download alerts

Improve compatibility with webpages with Flash video embedded from vimeo.com and other websites

Improve printing from Safari

Address an issue that could prevent the Google Safe Browsing Service from updating

So nice updates, but as Hackintosh users we do have to tap dance a little some updates require more dexterity than others, Luckily enough this is not one of them almost completely Seamless.

So on with the how to.

If you saw the update because Apple’s software update app just appeared out of nowhere and having had already downloaded (download updates automatically but notify to install option in the pref pane) then you don’t really need to spend the time or bandwidth downloading the Combo or delta update pkg, Don’t click install yet because you’d be better off running the updates standalone installer. If not Here are links to the insatllers:

In preparation we are first going to back up extensions and other essentials and most importantly if you have sleepenabler.kext installed DELETE IT NOW better safe than sorry.

So open a finder window and use the Go to folder shortcut “Command G” and type “/System/Library/” and copy the extensions folder to the desktop after deleting sleepenabler.kext from said folder. if necessary backup other essentials such as the proprietary replacements for system installed files like a modded trackpad.prefpane etc.

Since ###### does not have a 10.7.2 version of it’s post installer pkg we will be working with the ones backed up from the extensions folder and if it would help from a easy access point of view also copy the kexts that will definitely be reinstalled to a separate folder on the desktop (I did this),

I copied the update installer from “/Library/Updates/” and the pkg will be in one of those folders.

post-448508-1318596975_thumb.png

Now run the installer and once it is installed DO NOT RESTART, instead use force quit to exit the installer if you don’t want it in the way. So installers done what now? well now we open either the copied extensions and/or needed extensions folders, for those who have that battery problem and having already fixed it, you will definitely want to reinstall the appleacpiplatform.kext that was used in the solution and VoodooHDA users will want to remove the Apple audio drivers or for those using modified copies of apple audio kexts reinstall using the backups any kexts that were used to fix a problem which will be replaced by the installers.

So we have installed the update and put back that which was overwritten, you may now reboot (but for stability and other reason you may either want to read on or print out this post).

Ok you rebooted but there were problems? such as instant kernel panic or voodoohda based kernel panic, Easy Just boot with these boot flags “-v -f” that will fix that. Infact you may want to add it to your chameleon boot configuration using either:

- Lizard: http://darwinx86.net...6_software.html

- Chameleon Preference Pane: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...Pane/bin/OSX106

(any other boot up or other problems considering installation process comment)

Happy so far? won’t be very soon. You will inevitably attempt to use iCloud this is where depending on your temper and patience capability you may become pissed, but there is a simple solution

A boot loader update

And a Network configuration reset

The boot loader is the new Chameleon Revision 2.1 from Kexts.com with the iCloud and Facetime fix over here: http://www.kexts.com...on_2.1_r1627vs_[icloud__facetime_fix].html

so one you have downloaded that mount the image and run the installer Don’t reboot. Now using the go to keyboard shortcut I mentioned earlier (Command+G) type “/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/”

And delete the following files

com.apple.network.identification.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

Now reboot.

post-448508-1318596772_thumb.png

post-448508-1318596899_thumb.png

Any other issues, requests and/or suggestions etc Comment below

i have followed every post and tweaks like this but i fail if anyone is kind enough to guide where did i do wrong please help me...

i have attached my smbios, dsdt and IOreg please check.. thanks

PS:

also added this on my o.c.b.p.

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

icloud fail.zip