Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

I deleted the kext that I had edited for wifi. I put my card id back into original apple kext and reinstalled. WiFi is working again. AR5b195 has two separate chips: AR9285 for WiFi and AR3011 for Bluetooth. Now I have to find a solution for losing bluetooth after shutdown.

I deleted the kext that I had edited for wifi. I put my card id back into original apple kext and reinstalled. WiFi is working again. AR5b195 has two separate chips: AR9285 for WiFi and AR3011 for Bluetooth. Now I have to find a solution for losing bluetooth after shutdown.

I have the exact same chip and my wifi doesn't work. Could you please tell me the steps i should follow in order to make it work.

I WANT TO UPDATE TO MOUNTAIN LION. I HAVE THE .APP FILE. CAN I DIRECTLY UPDATE? SHOULD I BACKUP MY KEXTS? GIVE ANY INFORMATION SO THAT AFTER UPDATE I DONT FACE ANY PROBLEM.

THANKS.

I am not on Mountain Lion. I am on 10.7.4. For WiFi you have to edit IO80211Family.kext in S/L/E. Save a copy of it on your desktop.Right click on it (show pakage content) inside the plugins is another kext called antheros40. Right click on that (show pakage content). Open infoplist and go to were you see 168c, 30, change 30 to 2b. Install this kext and reboot you should have WiFi.

I'm a bit confused in reading the last few pages of this thread. Is there a power management kext that fixes 10.7.4 yet? I believe I'm still on the Null one so when I close the lid to the notebook it shuts off or rather it stays asleep and I'd have to turn off and turn back on. Which kext works or has anyone tried the trick in which you fool your OS to thinking it's 10.7.2 instead?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having battery issues. I'm about to format the drive, install Windows 7, and call it a day.

Is there anyone out there reading this with a B570 that has normal battery life?

Here's my battery information when 68% is showing:

[b]Battery Information:[/b]

Model Information:
 Serial Number:
 Manufacturer: SANYO
 Device Name: L09S6Y02
 Charge Information:
 The battery's charge is below the critical level.: No
 The battery's charge is below the warning level.: No
 Charge Remaining (mAh): 2496
 Fully Charged: No
 Charging: No
 Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3689
 Health Information:
 Cycle Count: 64
 Condition: Normal
 Battery Installed: Yes
 Amperage (mA): -1360
 Voltage (mV): 10629

and here it is when 64% is showing:

[b]Battery Information:[/b]

Model Information:
 Serial Number:
 Manufacturer: SANYO
 Device Name: L09S6Y02
 Charge Information:
 The battery's charge is below the critical level.: No
 The battery's charge is below the warning level.: No
 Charge Remaining (mAh): 2361
 Fully Charged: No
 Charging: No
 Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3689
 Health Information:
 Cycle Count: 64
 Condition: Normal
 Battery Installed: Yes
 Amperage (mA): -1335
 Voltage (mV): 10594

Is my power usage similar to yours? I'm curious about the 'Amperage (mA)' readings you're all getting.

I'm still running 10.7.4 with Chameleon r2059.

I'm not able to use webcam with Skype (webcam preview is always spinning, even after I select webcam from CamTwist).

Any hints?

I've altro tried with beta version of skype 5.11.

Is it working with UVC Camera Control? Can someone share the compiled binary of it, please?

Okay. I decided to run a little test to see if my battery problem could be re-produced under Linux.

I downloaded the latest ISO for Porteus (a live distro that I use for repairing Windows machines that have been taken over by malware), updated my USB stick with it, and booted into KDE.

The battery level on OS X was at 61% when I shut it down, and Linux (Porteus is based on Slackware) read it as 54%. After connecting to my wireless network (the Atheros card is supported by Porteus!), I browsed the web until something happened. I was hoping the battery would just run down, the system would shut off, and I could swap drives so that Windows 8 booted.

I got as far as waiting for the 'something to happen' stage. The battery % dropped just as quickly as it did in OS X, and at just a few % under 50%, it jumped right down to 2% left and warned me that I was about to lose power. It was instant. One second 47%, the next, 2%.

I rebooted into OS X again, and OS X was showing 5% left.

I didn't have time to boot from the Windows 8 drive, so I'm going to try that next. If it reads above 5%, then my suspicions are probably correct - Linux/BSD isn't reading the ACPI information correctly from the BIOS, or the BIOS isn't providing the right information to Linux/BSD. On OS X with Chameleon, I'm using a DSDT.aml file, but it might not have the correct ACPI code that non-Windows operating systems need.

More to follow...

I turned on my B570 after OS X and Linux said the battery was nearly dead. I booted into Windows and it agreed. The battery light began to flash orange and I powered down before losing power completely.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. My battery is brand new but there's obviously something wrong.

Try another Battery if you can. Or try your battery in another B570... So we can sort out that the new battery is dead.

Upgraded today to 10.8.2. If you use FakeSMC Plugins first delete it and install it without Plugins otherwise you get a kernel panic. Everything seems working nice. Wifi and Audio kexts must be reinstalled. Got a few errors at boot:

20.09.12 20:07:35,000 kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IO80211Controller' for vtable '__ZTV20AirPort_AthrFusion21' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

20.09.12 20:07:35,000 kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21 - link failed.

Anyone an idea? Or just ignore it? Cause Wifi works.

Does someone got ML working without NullCPU? I get KP with patched AICPUPM at 10.8.0-2

I am running 10.8.1 without NullCPU.

to resolve waiting for root device.

• Installed AppleHDA and DSDT from 1st post and editted the WiFi kext for wireless. Patched AICPUPM and used a few different SSDT till I found one that did not give me KP without NullCPU.

Lenovo B570, i3 2350m, 8GB Ram, Atheros AR5B195, OS X 10.8.1

I forgot that I had to use Chimera 1.11.1 for power management to work. So pached AICPUM, right SSDT and Chimera for the 10.8.1 without NullCPU.

I know that seems a stupid information, but can you copy and paste here your Voltage/Amperage with ML and that patch?

To see it, you should pull the plug, set to min brightness, wait a minute and look for that informations in system profiler (under Energy menu)

Thanky you!!!

Great, I think because 10.8.2 system update doesn't overwrite AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Can you make a big favor to anyone of us? Can you zip your /Extra and /S/L/E directories and share them?

I will happy to make a step-by-step tutorial for installing 10.8.2 from scratch on B570.

I have attached my Extra folder and also seven kexts that I have used in my S/L/E folder. Not everyone needs all of them. IOAHCI, if you have root device problem and IO80211F, depends on the individual wireless card. I used patched ASBM for battery and VoodooPS2C for trackpad. You have to use patched AppleHDA, FakeSMC and Patched ACPUPM. The rest of the kexts in my S/L/E folder are original apple kexts.

Try another Battery if you can. Or try your battery in another B570... So we can sort out that the new battery is dead.

I tried another battery out of a B570 I bought a month later for a friend. Same battery life issues with a different battery.

Once again, everything works fine under Windows, but not Linux.

I know this is a Hackintosh, but over an hour of battery life would be nice to have :D