• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Random generated serial with lizard app don't work. I've tried everything except device id efi string and still no go.

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Random generated serial with lizard app don't work. I've tried everything except device id efi string and still no go.

samething i haven't tried efi string because normally i don't need it.

What is in you're EFI string ?

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

samething i haven't tried efi string because normally i don't need it.

What is in you're EFI string ?

I'm not using efi string I'm just referring to post 32 on previous page.

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I'm not using efi string I'm just referring to post 32 on previous page.

I have try to use an EFI string to force build in ethernet and that don't work better (i know how add EFI string because i use it before the option exist in chameleon for build in ethernet so it's not a wrong manipulation).

So too resume :
- my chameleon is ok because this version include the FaceTime fix (last version 1598)
- my fakesmc is ok (last version rev 495)
- my ethernet is build in because time machine work and force it with EFI string don't change anything.
- my ethernet is correctly en0
- Mac App Store is OK

Perhaps they check if the serial number is true (you have perhaps chance and used a real serial number in your SMBios.plist)

I don't have other idea.

fruitbat04

fruitbat04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I have the same problem here.

My MBP is fine with iCloud as are my iPad and iPhone on IOS5.

However my hackintosh comes up with the error mentioned by others here when I try and log into iCloud in the system preferences.

I also get this at console

The Operation couldn\u2019t be completed (AOSErrorDomain error 1000.)

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Little precision : i have try with an other profile, same problem and i have make a clear install and only upgrade to 10.7.2 and same problem.

So that really come from the computer, just find what ^^

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
one more try ;

1. Add Builtin and / or EFI string for Ethernet to boot.plist

2. remove all network interfaces from the prefpane ( via UI ) , unplug external wifis.

go to

3. /Library/Preferences/System Configuration

4. delete these both prefs here :

com.apple.network.identification.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

5. reboot ( wifi unplugged )

6. - go to networking prefpane UI , add Ethernet as the first one back.

7. reboot once more now

8 . - again to networking prefpane, now add back wifi

See if you can then use iCloud,AppStore,FaceTime now.

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Little precision : i have try with an other profile, same problem and i have make a clear install and only upgrade to 10.7.2 and same problem.

So that really come from the computer, just find what ^^

Another thing, i have try to check the warranty on apple support site with my generated serial number and the web site say me it's a mac pro 2008 and the warranty is expired. It never say me the serial number don't exist so i think icloud perhaps don't check the serial number because support site don't know the serial number is not real.

fruitbat04

fruitbat04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

one more try ;

1. Add Builtin and / or EFI string for Ethernet to boot.plist

2. remove all network interfaces from the prefpane ( via UI ) , unplug external wifis.

go to

3. /Library/Preferences/System Configuration

4. delete these both prefs here :

com.apple.network.identification.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

5. reboot ( wifi unplugged )

6. - go to networking prefpane UI , add Ethernet as the first one back.

7. reboot once more now

8 . - again to networking prefpane, now add back wifi

See if you can then use iCloud,AppStore,FaceTime now.

Yeah I've tried all this already.

AppStore is fine it's just iCloud which isn't working.

The error is definitely nothing to do with the iCloud/Apple account either. You can put in malformed email addresses and you get the same.

Gotta be to do with the PC/serial number. I hope they aren't trying to deliberately block us.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Another thing, i have try to check the warranty on apple support site with my generated serial number and the web site say me it's a mac pro 2008 and the warranty is expired. It never say me the serial number don't exist so i think icloud perhaps don't check the serial number because support site don't know the serial number is not real.

I can confirm that it's not related to the serial number. So, some kind of checking the controller remains.

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
here is a thought which just now flushes to my brain :

I use googles free dns servers in all my network devices ( cause they do not block sites and are fast )

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as primary and secondary DNS, in each connection's advanced settings.

look them up, they are google servers, no scam , no phishing . Like "openDNS".

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

here is a thought which just now flushes to my brain :

I use googles free dns servers in all my network devices ( cause they do not block sites and are fast )

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as primary and secondary DNS, in each connection's advanced settings.

look them up, they are google servers, no scam , no phishing . Like "openDNS".

Smart but don't work.
Which throw some light on the problem.

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Smart but don't work.
Which throw some light on the problem.

then I really don't know. On the other hand here it is working, and I gave you here my smbios, my boot.plist - so ..

the only thing is left might be DSDT edits. ( i have ethernet in dsdt, but alone that did not help, I needed the en0/en1 thing before it worked - for both Appstore and iCloud ), I swear the login issues were fixed by doing just that steps.

I am sorry to hear that this is not a universal solution.

On the other hand, might the iPod have to do with it ? I've set icloud up from there the night before I installed 10.7.2.

At the very least --if there are some strange limitations on Apples side -- then they need to have it fixed on October 12 to open it for everybody. If it then still not works on OSx86hackintosh, there is a big problem then on our side.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

then I really don't know. On the other hand here it is working, and I gave you here my smbios, my boot.plist - so ..

the only thing is left might be DSDT edits. ( i have ethernet in dsdt, but alone that did not help, I needed the en0/en1 thing before it worked - for both Appstore and iCloud ), I swear the login issues were fixed by doing just that steps.

On the other hand, might the iPod have to do with it ? I've set icloud up from there the night before I installed 10.7.2.

At the very least --if there are some strange limitations on Apples side -- then they need to have it fixed on October 12 to open it for everybody. If it then still not works on OSx86hackintosh, there is a big problem then on our side.

Hey smartie. Thank you for tour help
I think that the solution on a our side is to check realtek controller issues. I'm using Gigabyte motherboards on several hacks at home. And also I have enabled on iCloud on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 first. My Mac mini on the same home network has no issues.

dantesieg

dantesieg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
No problems here. I signed up for icloud using my hackbook. I am using RevoBoot, not chameleon. Using MacBookPro 6,2 for smbios, generated serial with Champlist. My ethernet was always en0 and seen as built in, no special steps taken. Also i use opendns. Here is my dsdt and ioreg.

Attached File  Archive.zip   290.83KB   11 downloads

Logicpro9_user

Logicpro9_user

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
10.7.2 still don't have a fix for FaceTime and external isight cams internal mic... People still can't hear me! this seems to be a real Apple issue also! lots of people asking about it!

http://www.google.co...oKNJcSWOvGhkcUB

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
It is a chameleon issue. After installing chimera boot loader from here (login required) iCloud login works.
I'll report to voodoo lab.

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

thank you for you're help.

Effectively like a lot of people i have a realtek controller on my gigabyte motherboard, the problem perhaps from the controller.

I will try to make work the ethernet controller with native drivers from apple and without the Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx drivers.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts

It is a chameleon issue. After installing chimera boot loader from here (login required) iCloud login works.

THANKS!!!
So we can wait and must not try&error with config ether/wifi - at least if App Store already works and only IClound not.

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Very good news, can't use chimera 1.5.4 because based of Chameleon 2.0 and only 2.1 (minimum build 1494) work on my system with Lion.

Somebody can confirm ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy