• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Thank you abs2004. Now I have installed and testing the one FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8 (1.5.36.25) + Legacy SpeedStep injector (excluding all GPU references) + DSDT hack code X3100 injection = working great at moment. And well, Natit.kext seems to be not necessary at all, if the code inside is ported, I mean this is very easy to do by DSDT injection, see: The results by using the Legacy SpeedStep injector (MacBook4,2 fake profile = smbios.plist):

Thank you for replying.I don't add AAPL or X3100 code to the DSDT,so I need the Natit.kext.If not,it shows blue screen for death.I need to refer your DSDT

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
I'm trying out the Leopard 10.5.8 FB.kext to see if I have as much luck as you guys have had. I too do not need the Natit.kext since my DSDT has the X3100 fix. I am using the smbios for a Macbook 4,1.

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I'm trying out the Leopard 10.5.8 FB.kext to see if I have as much luck as you guys have had. I too do not need the Natit.kext since my DSDT has the X3100 fix. I am using the smbios for a Macbook 4,1.

I tried to remove the Natit.kext and hack the DSDT,but failed.Can you help me fix the DSDT about X3100 ? Thank you! http://www.mediafire...tkkktfwaugmzbaa
dsdt.aml

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
Here, I added the fix to your dsdt. See if it works ok.

Attached File  dsdt.abs2004.aml.zip   13.48KB   57 downloads

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,485 posts
mnfesq, please can you try to test native SpeedStep from the Legacy injector for Lion, attached:

1) Install in it /S/L/E.
2) Just change MacBook4,1 to MacBook4,2 (fake model) in smbios.plist
3) At same time you can revert back to vanilla MacBook4_1.plist, by deleting or comment out the five (5) lines for CPUPLimit = 0x0 inside:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources
4) Repair permissions & rebuilt cache, and finally restart the system.

Notes:
- This injector is recommended for Penryn CPUs, because C-States (CStateDict) information is different compared with MacBook3_1.plist (Merom).
- For Merom CPUs (using a fake MacBook3,2 profile) I can make another simple speedstep injector... please let me know.
- PLEASE, to understand what I did, use TextMate.app (attached too) to see the commented parts of the Info.plist inside the Legacy_speedstep injector.kext related to exclude all X3100 management references, which was discussed in this thread. Good Luck.

Attached File  Legacy SpeedStep injector MB42 Penryn & TextMate.zip   7.63MB   62 downloads

For Merom CPUs users please use this Legacy SpeedStep injector: Attached File  Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_107.kext.zip   4.14KB   94 downloads
And Please set the profile (smbios.plist) to the fake model = MacBook3,2 (and download complementary files HERE).

- The proper FrameBuffer: AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext_Leopard_1058.zip (to avoid the "GPU parser error...")

- Please, add this code to your DSDT for to work with X3100FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8:
Attached File  X3100 hack code injection for 1280x800 display screen.dsl.zip   1.83KB   147 downloads
Note: Read it for big screen resolutions, are just three values to change:
AAPL01,DualLink
AAPL01,Height
AAPL01,Width

Edited by juanerson, 26 January 2012 - 07:27 PM.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

This injector is recommended for Penryn CPUs, because C-States (CStateDict) and SP1 information is different compared with MacBook3_1.plist (Merom). - For Merom CPUs (using a fake MacBook3,2 profile) I can make another simple speedstep injector... please let me know.

Sure, I'll give it a shot. It would be great to get a true solution to this problem. However, I have the T7100 Core2Duo, which is a Merom processor. So, if you don't mind making one of those for me, I'll test it out and post the results. Thanks.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
OK, I have things up and running. No problems rebooting after installation. Let me confirm I did what you instructed. I took my existing smbios.plist and changed the SMProductname from Macbook4,1 to Macbook3,2. I installed the Legacy_Speedstep_MacBook32_107.kext to S/L/E. If that's all I needed to do, let me know. In the meantime, I will use this setup and see if it avoids freezes/kps in usage I have known to cause them. Thanks.

EDIT - I wasted no time trying out something that had caused a freeze for me on several prior occasions. I ran a video in VLC while running another video in the Flash plug-in for Firefox. It froze as usual.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
Today, using Firefox, sometimes streaming video to VLC and sometimes just downloading, I had 3 freezes in about one hour. The use of the Legacy Speedstep Injector has not provided any better performance than any other method I have tried. I did, however, notice a bit better performance with the 10.5.8 FB kext compared to the FB Lion kext.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
try macbook5,1 or 5,2 .. i didnt see lion including gpu power controls with anything under 5,x

i wonder if theres a way to use the intel x3100 bios rom like nvidias and ati.

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Here, I added the fix to your dsdt. See if it works ok.

Attached File  dsdt.abs2004.aml.zip   13.48KB   57 downloads

Thanks! I tried,and dark screen.Maybe I need add EDID of my LCD.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,485 posts
You need is to take out the device (CRT) from your dsdt. And, just the basic X3100 injection. Please, try this:
Attached File  DSDT abs2004.zip   38.84KB   38 downloads

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
If Juanerson's doesn't work either, let us know. I saw some errors in your DSDT that I could try to fix if it is needed (DTGP Method had minor errors and GFX0 should be inside the PEGP device.)

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

You need is to take out the device (CRT) from your dsdt. And, just the basic X3100 injection. Please, try this:
Attached File  DSDT abs2004.zip   38.84KB   38 downloads

You are right.Thanks!

Alex_Nik

Alex_Nik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Thank you abs2004. Now I have installed and testing the one FB.kext from Leopard 10.5.8 (1.5.36.25) + Legacy SpeedStep injector (excluding all GPU references) + DSDT hack code X3100 injection = working great at moment.

The results by using the Legacy SpeedStep injector (MacBook4,2 fake profile = smbios.plist):

I used your Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_107.kext.zip for my merom C2D T7250,but he seems to not load, because in ioreg I do not see it. In smbios i changed model to mb3.2. that may be incorrect?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,485 posts
It was installed in /S/L/E ? and just for record, did you repaired permissions and rebuild caché after install the injector?

Alex_Nik

Alex_Nik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

It was installed in /S/L/E ? and just for record, did you repaired permissions and rebuild caché after install the injector?

yes and yes

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,485 posts
Use the files attached combined with Legacy_SpeedStep MacBook3,2 injector:
Attached File  MacBook3,2 Merom_CPU files.zip   64.48KB   75 downloads
The Profile (smbios.plist) from /Extra, and the two kexts installed in /S/L/E (replace the previous same kexts if necessary).

Tested and working here:
Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2012-01-23 a la(s) 18.22.25.png   68.98KB   128 downloads Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2012-01-23 a la(s) 17.58.36.png   143.7KB   131 downloads
Note: Build your own genuine-valid Mac Serial, and don't share it... please read this commentary. Good Luck.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
I just want to report that I have not had a problem with video freeze or KP's for several days. Last week, I decided to stop testing 10.7.3 and did a fresh install of 10.7 with update to 10.7.2. I then used the smbios for MacBook 5,2 and installed the new IntelCPUMonitor.kext for FakeSMC. I also put FakeSMC and all of its monitor kexts in S/L/E instead of E/E. That's all I did to produce the better working condition. I observed a huge difference with the new IntelCPUMonitor. It made fixes for my Merom CPU and now the speedstepping works better than ever. It used to be that I had no more than 3 working P-States. Now, speedstepping works at frequency intervals of 200 MHz from 600 MHz to my maximum of 1800 MHz. I am thinking that the video freezes may be due to inaccurate CPU data which cannot be processed properly by the video kexts.

Ryan Peiris

Ryan Peiris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
mnfesq,

Can you please upload your IntelCPUMonitor.kext and FakeSMC.kext I think I am having different versions.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

mnfesq,

Can you please upload your IntelCPUMonitor.kext and FakeSMC.kext I think I am having different versions.

Here's my FakeSMC and monitor kexts. I use the ACPI Monitor, IntelCPUMonitor and X3100 GPU monitor.

Attached File  FakeSMCandMonitors.zip   93.74KB   95 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy