• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

eXtremee

eXtremee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I probably found a solution that needs to be transfered from ati 5000 kext to ati 6000 kext, but my hexing skills aren't very good, so i don't get it what he changed, maby some1 will get it and make ati 6000 kext edit so it will recognize 6770m display monitor, more info about 5000 kext modified here:
http://forum.netkas....opic,864.0.html

gipfel

gipfel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey!
i put the image onto a samsung s1 mini external harddrive, installed chameleon onto it. but somehow it wont boot :)
it just skips it, even when i choose manually to boot from it. i suggest the drive isnt prepaired the right way. can anybody help me pls?

gipfel

gipfel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
no one? :D

klouds1292

klouds1292

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi, here's another dv6 user!

I have a DELL Vostro 1710 with lion all working, and I decided to buy a newer laptop and install lion. (If anyone nedds help with dell it would be a pleasure to help him)

I have a new dv6 6151es, with a 2630QM i7, an HM65 chipset, an IDT 92HD81B1X audio (Beats) and a Broadcom bcm4313 wifi card. I installed Lion 10.7.1 with appleworm's method, and I have:

· wifi: not working. I know this card is really difficult to work, maybe best option would be to buy a bcm4322 (mini pcie) that works OOB

· audio: not working. Probably I need some DSDT editing but I dont'k where to finde any patch for this card.

· usb: only working the right side of the laptop. Probably cause the left side is USB 3.0? I installed the USB 3.0 kext from ##### but anything changes.

Next, tired of trying some AppleHDAs and Voodoos versions, I tried to make a new installation with #####, and I get audio with VoodooHDA 2.7.2, but there appeared some problems, like

· usb did'nt work. Left side casues total stuck of the system, and right side is cause of direct KP. Tried all flags like USBBusFix¡Yes and USBLegacyOff=Yes. It give me the same result.

· audio keys are not working. Can change the volume througt voodooHDA panel. And it gives some kernel panics at start maybe the 50% of the times I start the laptop.

There are some other issues that can be solved with flags, like "cpus=1" "busratio=20" and "PCIRootUID=0".

So, if anyone has this laptop and has a better way to get working the stuff, or anyone knows some ways to get the audio, chipset etc work please say me something!! This is getting me crazy!

PD: The attachment is the everest report of the computer. And sorry for my english, I'm spanish.

Attached Files

kiwi0912

kiwi0912

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

hey!
i put the image onto a samsung s1 mini external harddrive, installed chameleon onto it. but somehow it wont boot :D
it just skips it, even when i choose manually to boot from it. i suggest the drive isnt prepaired the right way. can anybody help me pls?

buy a usb-drive und u will get throw without any issues

Hedazilla

Hedazilla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So i tried dsdt - the result is the same, anyway i rewritten chameleon and lion again and now i can boot up lion, but no qe/ci as same it was on 10.6.8 - and kyle_c bootloader which helped me to get qe/ci on 10.6.8 on intel - doesn't boot up, and my modified chimera 1.5.4 boot file based on kyle_c - didn't helps too
Here's my modified chimera 1.5.4 bootloader with kyle_c intel.gma file ant my modified ati_c which recognizes 6770m and tries to load hydrilla, anyway for me - it didn't helped, maby it will work for somebody else:
http://www.mediafire...56tqupp619f1tmz

Hi,I have a HP Pavilion DV6-6050se with following specs:

CPU:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 2410M (Sandy Bridge with Intel HD 3000)
RAM:4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
VGA:AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5

I install and boot to 10.6 using ##### legacy successfully but after updating to 10.6.8 i get [PCI Configuration Begin] error or stucking on boot screen or screen crashes.

would you please attach your modified Chimera 1.5.4,so i can use it to but my pc on 10.6.8.

thanx in advance

LesGaR

LesGaR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Hola, acabo de instalar Lion en mi dv6 6151 siguiendo tu método y funciona realmente bien, MUCHAS GRACIAS.

Aunque los modelos no son los mismos me gustaría saber si podrías ayudarme en algunas cosas:

1º Como no tengo cuenta Premium en megaupload, he intentado bajarmelo desde el enlace alternativo y falla, no consigo descargarmelo ¿Podrias subir solo los kexts relativos al sonido AppleHDA.kext y HDAIDT.kext ? y si has inyectado algo en tu DSDT dentro del HDEF.
Solo consigo hacer funcionar mi IDT 92HD81B1X5 con el VoodooHDA.kext. (supongo que ambos equipos llevan el mismo codec de sonido).

2º ¿Has conseguido hacer funcionar el lector de tarjetas, los puertos USB3 (a mí me los reconoce pero al conectar mi DD se congela el ordenador) o la ati HD6670m?
El resto (suspensión/wake up, multitouch, teclado,... funciona correctamente)

3º He cambiado mi tarjeta WIFI por una AR5008 que funciona a las mil maravillas (con su correspondiente inyección en el DSDT) pero para ello he tenido que flashear por la bios que pones en el post sin whitelist, pero con el inconveniente que cuando intento cambiar algún parámetro me toca quitar la pila y volverla a poner. Así que voy a intentar fashear la tarjeta para que la coja con la bios original (la que lleva whitelist) pero necesitaría saber que valores son los que hay que cambiar (Creo que con el subsystem-id" y el "subsystem-vendor-id", es suficiente ) Pero me gustaría estar seguro antes de empezar a flashear y reflasher bios ... wifi, etc.

PD: tengo los TODOS los dumps de mi equipo (tarjeta de sonido, DSDT, tarjeta wifi ...) no los pongo en este post para no hacer mas gordo el ladrillo, pero puedo subirlos si alguien los necesita.
Lo dicho MUCHAS GRACIAS por tu guía y a ver si me puedes echar una mano y ... te invito a una paella. jejeje

BubuXP

BubuXP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I am trying to download OP's archive but it's too slow and I don't have a megaupload account.
What I just need is a couple of kext, the voodoobattery and the the patched applehda.
I think that instead of downloading the whole 3,5GB archive, a much smaller zip with only the modified kext and files is better.

Could someone please make this?
Thanks.

jakida

jakida

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, i have a HP dv6 6115et with similar specs

i7 2630QM 2.0 GHz

8gb ddr3 1333mhz

2gb radeon 6770m

I am a windows user atm. I downloaded appleworm's dmg. I installed a program named Transmac. I burned this dmg (image disk file) to my USB and dvd drive but couldnt boot it

do you have any suggestions how can i install this ?

klouds1292

klouds1292

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
You have to dump it in a usb drive. You can do it in gparted with ubuntu or in disk utils in mac. Once done install chameleon throught mac chameleon installer or burn a cd loader from www.tonymacx86.com

LesGaR has conseguido mejorar el tema del usb del lado izquierdo?? Me pasa exactamente lo mismo, tengo el mismo portátil.

nthanh

nthanh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!
I have a HP dv6t-4000
Intel core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz
Ram 6GB DDR3
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6570 1GB
I follow the instruction, but i can't boot, even with flags.
Please, help me!

klouds1292

klouds1292

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Please post the flags used to bood and the situation. It's a kernel panic? What's the message?
Maybe you aren't using the correct flags. For this processor it works 'busratio=20'. I use also 'cpus=1' and 'PCIRootID=1' or 0, it depends.

nthanh

nthanh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
@klouds1292
Thank you for respond. I also try with "busratio=20", "cpus=1", "GraphicsEnabler=No", "PCIRootUID=1" (PCIRootUID or PCIrootID ???), ...
When boot from usb, i saw the apple logo, it stoped here.
Do you have the same model with me? Is it work? Please give me detail!
Thanks you!

sthomp001

sthomp001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I haven't been able to get HDMI video to work on my external monitor. Right now, the only resolution I can get is 1280x1024. I'm using Appleworm's DSDT that he sent me a few months ago when I was last on the site. I've got everything working except the ATI 6770, the USB 3.0, internal wifi and HDMI. Is it possible to get hdmi working and increase the resolution on the laptop. I should point out that I have the 1080p display on my laptop. Any help woud be appreciated.

jakida

jakida

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.

I stucked at the installation screen.

When I boot for the first time I see the Welcome screen and the registration form. I fill out the required steps to create my new user account and when I click next.. something happens that I go back to the beginning of the installation (welcome screen).

Anyone know how can i past this ?

appleworm

appleworm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

hi, i don't want to be off-topic , but i just want to let you notice that i7-2630qm cpu gives 9400/9500 geekbench under windows7... so there is something wrong in ALL i7-2630qm speedstep/powermanagement since its performance gives 6900 under osx with current methods. A new method is needed for such kind of CPUs . I have another laptop with i7-2630qm with the same identical geekbench result of 6900 under osx and 9400 under win7... We need some expert to clarify / fix this! Thanks Mal

This test was run on my laptop with Mac OS X 10.7 after applying SpeedStepper: Geekbench Result: 9705
I think without SpeedStepper weren't using the turbo boost.

The alternate link is modified again...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! :thumbsup_anim:

Omar Aqqad

Omar Aqqad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the hp 6090ee laptop,i noticed that the support for the 6770m card was added with the chimera 1.6 is it true ?, coz i really have been waiting for the solution to the video card problem, thanks anyways and happy new year

Neo_01

Neo_01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have a DV6-6099el (CPU Intel I7, 8GB ram, ATI HD 6490) HP notebook, I have tried to install Lion according the first page indication but I cannot reboot after installation. Could you please help me?
It's correct that I use the file indicated in the first page for the installation even if the notebook is different (the main difference is the GPU).
Thanks for your support.

skystar3

skystar3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

i have the hp 6090ee laptop,i noticed that the support for the 6770m card was added with the chimera 1.6 is it true ?, coz i really have been waiting for the solution to the video card problem, thanks anyways and happy new year

I have the exact same model as yours, and I tried both chimera 1.6 & 1.7 but still didn't work!

Swag Dog

Swag Dog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hey Appleworm first of all I'd like to thank you for the effort you have done to make this! Many people are thankful to you!

But I have a problem and I hope you have enough time to help me with it.
I only have access to my laptop which is the one I want to install to. (It has Windows 7 only) I downloaded your .dmg yesterday and burned it to a DVD-RW from PowerISO.
I can't boot from the dvd, im assuming I need a bootloader of some sort? I currently have no access to any Mac and also no USB yet because I have lost the one I have, I have more then 2 RW DVD's (4GB) which I can use. Would you please tell me what I can do to install your Mac OS X without USB and access to another Mac?

Thank you A LOT for your time :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy