DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

iam trying to install Lion 2 weeks ago on my dv6 6177 , i succeed to install it , but i cant boot without rboot cd using cpus=1 , it is stuck at apple logo without it , i tried to extract dsdt file it gives me error 4095 i tried several ways and alots of applications , but it fails to get the dsdt , i need some one who experienced installing it on hp dv6 laptops to help me

iam trying to install Lion 2 weeks ago on my dv6 6177 , i succeed to install it , but i cant boot without rboot cd using cpus=1 , it is stuck at apple logo without it , i tried to extract dsdt file it gives me error 4095 i tried several ways and alots of applications , but it fails to get the dsdt , i need some one who experienced installing it on hp dv6 laptops to help me

Try my files,

Launch UpdateCombo10.7.4 (not necessary if you already have), but do not restart until you replace all files and you've repaired permissions and rebuild the cache with Kext Utility.app (mach_kernel is hidden, first make visible).

then Install FanControl.app to eliminate artifacts of Intel HD3000

After this you need to find ssdt.aml for your processor!

x HP DV 6 6xxx Sandy Bridge 10.7.4.zip

FanControl1.2.zip

• Like 1

Try my files,

Launch UpdateCombo10.7.4 (not necessary if you already have), but do not restart until you replace all files and you've repaired permissions and rebuild the cache with Kext Utility.app (mach_kernel is hidden, first make visible).

then Install FanControl.app to eliminate artifacts of Intel HD3000

After this you need to find ssdt.aml for your processor!

thx for your reply :)

iam downloading the updates right now , install it and copy your files in lion root ,and what to do with the folder (Put in S_L_E) replace these kexts with mine or what ? iam sorry but i dont know what S_L_E is

thx for your reply :)

iam downloading the updates right now , install it and copy your files in lion root ,and what to do with the folder (Put in S_L_E) replace these kexts with mine or what ? iam sorry but i dont know what S_L_E is

Yes, replace kexts with your in System/Library/Extensions

EDIT

assuming you already have the bootloader installed (CHIMERA/CHAMELEON)

Yes, replace kexts with your in System/Library/Extensions

EDIT

assuming you already have the bootloader installed (CHIMERA/CHAMELEON)

i installed the updates , but i cant replace mach kernal , i tried to show it using terminal by showing hidden files , but i cant see it , how to make it visible ? and how can i repair permissions and cach through Kext Utility.app ?? just run it ? iam sorry for all this questions

thx for helping me

EDIT

"

but do not restart until you replace all files"

i restarted after the update and i didn't replace the files because i cant replace the mach kernal , is that a problem ?

i installed the updates , but i cant replace mach kernal , i tried to show it using terminal by showing hidden files , but i cant see it , how to make it visible ? and how can i repair permissions and cach through Kext Utility.app ?? just run it ? iam sorry for all this questions

thx for helping me

EDIT

"

but do not restart until you replace all files"

i restarted after the update and i didn't replace the files because i cant replace the mach kernal , is that a problem ?

Before delete "mach_kernel", and then copy a patched!

To make visible hidden file you need to run "show all file.app" (attached, also Kext Utility)

Tool.zip

Before delete "mach_kernel", and then copy a patched!

To make visible hidden file you need to run "show all file.app" (attached, also Kext Utility)

thank you very much !! it boots fine now

do i need to extract my dsdt now ? ad what about wireless kext and the 6770 ? did u mange to make them work ?

when i try to extract my dsdt using dsdt editor it gives me 1 error , i checked the dsdt file you sent me it contains the same error its about "TNOT" or somthing like that , but i dont know how did u extracted it while it contains errors

thank you very much !! it boots fine now

do i need to extract my dsdt now ? ad what about wireless kext and the 6770 ? did u mange to make them work ?

when i try to extract my dsdt using dsdt editor it gives me 1 error , i checked the dsdt file you sent me it contains the same error its about "TNOT" or somthing like that , but i dont know how did u extracted it while it contains errors

If you using my files....you have my dsdt in Extra folder.

If you try to extract dsdt when my dsdt is present and loaded....your extract the same patched dsdt (the same).

External TNOT, is an error that you can remove deleting the line that compiler show!

After you have delete the line, compiler make a dsdt.aml with 0 error 0 warnings 0 remarks.... only good optimization!

at the end, you are using my dsdt!!!!!!

For wifi you need to change your with one supported (like an Atheros AR9285)

...but you need first, a modded bios, with any risk!!!

Or buy a USB wifi stick supported in Osx.

Discrete videocard is not working:

we need to try method like in Linux (ACPI CALLS for example.....google....).

If you using my files....you have my dsdt in Extra folder.

If you try to extract dsdt when my dsdt is present and loaded....your extract the same patched dsdt (the same).

External TNOT, is an error that you can remove deleting the line that compiler show!

After you have delete the line, compiler make a dsdt.aml with 0 error 0 warnings 0 remarks.... only good optimization!

at the end, you are using my dsdt!!!!!!

For wifi you need to change your with one supported (like an Atheros AR9285)

...but you need first, a modded bios, with any risk!!!

Or buy a USB wifi stick supported in Osx.

Discrete videocard is not working:

we need to try method like in Linux (ACPI CALLS for example.....google....).

you mean i need do delete your dsdt and extract mine ? or what ?

can u adjust brightness ? i cant using the keyboard shortcuts

the command key is not working ? i mean the windows logo button

can i use internet using cable ? is there a kext for the realtech card ?

iam sorry disturbing you with all this questions , thank you very much for helping me :)

you mean i need do delete your dsdt and extract mine ? or what ?

can u adjust brightness ? i cant using the keyboard shortcuts

the command key is not working ? i mean the windows logo button

can i use internet using cable ? is there a kext for the realtech card ?

iam sorry disturbing you with all this questions , thank you very much for helping me :)

No, I meant that you have already installed dsdt: the mine!

If you used my files in the Extra folder was present the dsdt......then you must not do anything!

if you extract the dsdt with DSDTSE.app again, you do not rip a virgin dsdt, but instead always mine, because loaded into memory!

For Ethernet go here and download installer:

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.it/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

but I know that does not work for all...adjust brightness with f2 or f3 key? read post 326

keyboard shortcuts?explain better what you mean!

<p></p>

<p> </p>

<p>No.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div>No, I meant that you have already installed dsdt: the mine!</div>

<div> </div>

<div>If you used my files in the Extra folder was present the dsdt......then you must not do anything!</div>

<div> </div>

<div>So, if you extract the dsdt with DSDTSE.app again, you do not rip a <span style="color:#008000;">virgin</span> dsdt, but instead always mine, because loaded into memory!</div>

<div> </div>

<div>For Ethernet go here and download installer:</div>

<div> </div>

<div>http://lnx2mac.blogspot.it/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html</div>

<div> </div>

<div>but I know that does not work for all...</div>

<div> </div>

<div>adjust brightness with f2 or f3 key? read post <a href="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?amp;showtopic=267974&view=findpost&p=1836491">#326</a></div>

<div> </div>

<div>keyboard shortcuts? explain better what you mean!</div>

can u send the links in the reply again ?

yeah i mean f2 and f3 for brightness are not working ,

where is the command key in my keyboard , the widnows logo key is not command

No, I meant that you have already installed dsdt: the mine!

If you used my files in the Extra folder was present the dsdt......then you must not do anything!

if you extract the dsdt with DSDTSE.app again, you do not rip a virgin dsdt, but instead always mine, because loaded into memory!

For Ethernet go here and download installer:

http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

but I know that does not work for all...adjust brightness with f2 or f3 key? read post 326

keyboard shortcuts?explain better what you mean!

thank you very muccch ! without your help i couldnt have any of these problems solved , i manged to make everything to work

only one last thing , before using your files , windows logo key was working as command , after using it it not working anymore ??

thank you for the second time :)

thank you very muccch ! without your help i couldnt have any of these problems solved , i manged to make everything to work

only one last thing , before using your files , windows logo key was working as command , after using it it not working anymore ??

thank you for the second time :)

Open the onscreen keyboard, as in the picture

img1.jpg

Now, pressing the keys (on real keyboard) you can see what they are!!!

This is strange I have command on Win key

......and just out of curiosity, what CPU you have?

..............Still you can try EDID Notebook Installer, and post photos of monitors in System Profiler?

Open the onscreen keyboard, as in the picture

img1.jpg

Now, pressing the keys (on real keyboard) you can see what they are!!!

This is strange I have command on Win key

......and just out of curiosity, what CPU you have?

..............Still you can try EDID Notebook Installer, and post photos of monitors in System Profiler?

Solved :) f2, f3 key are not working for brightness, but it is not the problem cause i have slider in display option , the maximum brightness in the slider is not the maximum brightness of my laptop screen , i know that from windows u faced problem like that ?

Solved :) f2, f3 key are not working for brightness, but it is not the problem cause i have slider in display option , the maximum brightness in the slider is not the maximum brightness of my laptop screen , i know that from windows u faced problem like that ?

You know what is the "EDID Notebook Installer"?

Need to give to your display the original drivers in OSX, reading data from EEPROM Display!

Try it, maybe things get better!

Also, have you tried connecting a external USB keyboard to bring up the "Monitor" in System Preference>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts as in pictures?

monitorh.png

If you see "Monitor" I am sure that you will use F2 and F3 keys (you must relocate first, because they are assigned to F14 and F15, which are not on the Notebook!).

This works in combination with "FN" key, or without, depending on how you set the bios!

Try

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition, Intel Core i7 2630QM, Switchable graphics (Intel HD and 6770M). I have this odd problem with my trackpad where it will skip across the screen or start rapidly inserting right-clicks whenever the cursor changes (arrow to text selection, or resizer cursor for instance). All other times it works fine. E.G. if the mouse moves from the desktop to a textbox (so the cursor changes from an arrow to a text selection cursor) or from the desktop to the corner of a window (changes from an arrow to a resizer arror), then the sporadic mouse behavior starts. This can occur even during the installation process by moving the cursor over a text box. This behavior does not occur when using an external mouse, or when disabling multitouch.

I've tried several different ApplePS2 and VoodooPS2 kexts, and can't get anything to work. Does anybody know of this problem, or have any suggestions for a possible solution? I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help, I've searched and asked through many forums with no success. Thanks!

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition, Intel Core i7 2630QM, Switchable graphics (Intel HD and 6770M). I have this odd problem with my trackpad where it will skip across the screen or start rapidly inserting right-clicks whenever the cursor changes (arrow to text selection, or resizer cursor for instance). All other times it works fine. E.G. if the mouse moves from the desktop to a textbox (so the cursor changes from an arrow to a text selection cursor) or from the desktop to the corner of a window (changes from an arrow to a resizer arror), then the sporadic mouse behavior starts. This can occur even during the installation process by moving the cursor over a text box. This behavior does not occur when using an external mouse, or when disabling multitouch.

I've tried several different ApplePS2 and VoodooPS2 kexts, and can't get anything to work. Does anybody know of this problem, or have any suggestions for a possible solution? I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help, I've searched and asked through many forums with no success. Thanks!

Your, is a retail installation?

You know what is the "EDID Notebook Installer"?

Need to give to your display the original drivers in OSX, reading data from EEPROM Display!

Try it, maybe things get better!

Also, have you tried connecting a external USB keyboard to bring up the "Monitor" in System Preference>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts as in pictures?

monitorh.png

If you see "Monitor" I am sure that you will use F2 and F3 keys (you must relocate first, because they are assigned to F14 and F15, which are not on the Notebook!).

This works in combination with "FN" key, or without, depending on how you set the bios!

Try

i ve applied EDID Notebook Installer , i have led panel in display system profiles , brightness slider maxed , brightness still sucks :S:S

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I am using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with the app store Lion.

I asked to see a little bit, because if it is Vanilla, I have nothing to recommend, except to replace again the PS2 kext and repair permissions, and check for any conflicting kext if there are. Sometimes it can be useful also repair disk if the file system is corrupt (with your installation Stick).......

I think I understand what you mean, because it happened to me the first time on this laptop, but then resolved by tuning the system.

To tell the truth, sounds like problem of kernelcache......but of course nothing sure!

i ve applied EDID Notebook Installer , i have led panel in display system profiles , brightness slider maxed , brightness still sucks :S:S

I did not understand whether it is better, or worse :angel: , and if work for you now, the brightness keys.

I asked to see a little bit, because if it is Vanilla, I have nothing to recommend, except to replace again the PS2 kext and repair permissions, and check for any conflicting kext if there are. Sometimes it can be useful also repair disk if the file system is corrupt (with your installation Stick).......

I think I understand what you mean, because it happened to me the first time on this laptop, but then resolved by tuning the system.

To tell the truth, sounds like problem of kernelcache......but of course nothing sure!

I did not understand whether it is better, or worse :angel: , and if work for you now, the brightness keys.

i think you didn't understand what i mean , brightness keys and slider work now fine , but the maximum brightness is not the maximum brightness for my screen , its not the maximum brightness in windows , little bit dark , i read some where it could be edited in dsdt ??

I tried a new usb stick from scratch, setting it up with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. I tried repairing permissions, and booting with -f and UseKernelCache=No; none of which worked. I wouldn't think it could be a kext conflict since it's just a vanilla install + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], and I checked in S/L/E and E/E and only saw the two Apple PS2 kexts in E/E; nothing (voodoo PS2 or Apple PS2) in S/L/E. Are there any other conflicts I should be looking for? I've gone through quite a few different PS2 kexts to no avail, do have any you think I should try? Any ways for me to debug further? Thanks for your help :D

I tried a new usb stick from scratch, setting it up with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. I tried repairing permissions, and booting with -f and UseKernelCache=No; none of which worked. I wouldn't think it could be a kext conflict since it's just a vanilla install + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], and I checked in S/L/E and E/E and only saw the two Apple PS2 kexts in E/E; nothing (voodoo PS2 or Apple PS2) in S/L/E. Are there any other conflicts I should be looking for? I've gone through quite a few different PS2 kexts to no avail, do have any you think I should try? Any ways for me to debug further? Thanks for your help :D

Are you using Snow Leopard?

Sorry for this....but if you running 10.7.x you must move all kext to S/L/E.... Lion don't like Extra/Extensions folder (problem rebuilding the kernelcache)

Is this the problem, possible?

I'm using Lion. [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] creates an E/E on the install stick, but in the hard drive installation, [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] adds the extensions to S/L/E. In my last post I was describing the issue as it appears even during the installation process, running only off the installer stick. In that case there is an E/E, since ###### creates it, but the same problem persists on my completed installation where only S/L/E is used (no E/E).

I'm using Lion. [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] creates an E/E on the install stick, but in the hard drive installation, [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] adds the extensions to S/L/E. In my last post I was describing the issue as it appears even during the installation process, running only off the installer stick. In that case there is an E/E, since ###### creates it, but the same problem persists on my completed installation where only S/L/E is used (no E/E).

..........no other ideas