DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

OOOHHHH RESOLVED the problem... :jester: install new patch file AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement...

Sleep working :moil:

http://www.mediafire...qm1924cd3rls3r5

P.S. Remember remove NullpowerCpuPowerManag....... :king:

There was one also here:

http://www.toniceneno...ext-10-8-a.html

Strange that does not work that in Multi_beast........

However, Mountain Lion is on my new DV7-7002el and Intel HD4000 mobile is ok! :D

Solve some problems, and then start the istaller for the series DV6/7 6000 and 7000 series,

Is this ok? :construction:

I am really afraid of bricking my laptop :worried_anim:

Have u tried this version on F.1B? or is it really safe to do it?

Hello,

I'll explain a bit:

the bios of HP, made by Insyde, is a set of modules that provide the interface to the operating system between software and firmware of hardware components.

Along with these modules, there are also tables of ACPI:

dsdt, SSDT, ssdt1, sddt2 (and more), APIC, RSDT, UEFI etc.

Different between F1a or F1b is only cosmetic (some bad recognition memory banks that HP has found on particular brands of RAM stick, but obviously not all), at least dsdt is the same! So for OSX, but also for Windows, you do not realize anything!

So do not worry to choose between F1a or F1b, because they are practically the same!

The point, is that this type of bios, manufactured by Insyde is RSA signed, and this means that he possesses an encryption:

if you try to mod the bios, and flashig it, you will get an error because the generated file will not be the same as the original one signed, and installer stop the job!

RSA is impossible to decrypt, because its keys is so long that it has billions of combinations.

Using an old installer (previous to RSA time), you can flash the bios (the one posted by @simconti and me).

Unfortunately, of course, the signature was invalid on a modded bios, and if you try to change several settings (not all) when you save the setting on the CMOS, the bios chip comparing the two signatures, and will produce error: the semi-brick

CMOS is a volatile memory, this means that when you remove the power (disconnecting the "battery button") the bios back to its original state!...... ALWAYS!!!!!!

So my advice, if you put the modded bios amended as follows:

always leaves the battery is disconnected, and if it happens semi-brick , just remove the battery of the laptop and everything is fine! (wait about 10/12 seconds to discharge capacitors).

Semi-brick happens if there is no patch in dsdt, or sometimes if hard reset made by powering down your Lappy holding the power button (but only if system is already freeze)!

On our dsdt is present the patch to prevent the reset of the CMOS!

Warning:

Flashing bios on Laptop is always dangerous, even with the original bios!! (think happens if you lost power while flashing the bios: disaster!!)

Unlike motherboards Desktop, Notebooks do not have a removable bios (easy to replace), ........the repair will cost 80 Euros on a not official laboratory in Italy.

Do this only at your own risk!!!!

Feedback from me: the bios mod is ok:

semi-brick is not a total brick, is it always recoverable in few seconds!

Consider, this is not a choice for life, you can put original bios when you want!

disadvantages:

-You can not change several settings.

-Possible, recoverable semi-brick

advantages:

-You can put the wifi card you like, even with bluetooth (the model must be compatible with OSX, of course).

-You can turn off the discrete video card, less heat, and battery consumption increases so much (about 3.5 hours Core i7, i5 think more)

beautiful speech :wink2: , even I would not know....better :jester: :jester: :jester:

:hysterical:

short traduction in Italian:

il succo tu lo sai già, ma se vuoi un consiglio non perdere tempo ad attaccare e staccare la batteria a bottone del bios, semplicemente lasciala scollegata!!!!!

tanto se succede almeno non devi aprire il coperchio, basta cavare la batteria del Notebook!

hello guys

finally meeting up with old friends of the forum

Micky okay?

I also installed ML and I have to say that it is quite stable ...

Now here you can 'write in Italian? or throw you out here?? :fiery: :fiery:

sorry for my english

:thumbsup_anim:

hello guys

finally meeting up with old friends of the forum

Micky okay?

I also installed ML and I have to say that it is quite stable ...

Now here you can 'write in Italian? or throw you out here?? :fiery: :fiery:

sorry for my english

:thumbsup_anim:

Italian OFF Topic :offtopic:

Due paroline non ammazzano nessuno!

Ciao smigol!!!!

io sto bene....ho solo un po' da fare (mille cose) + il mio nuovo hack,

voglio sistemare tutto, per fare l'installer per i nostri Laptop: serie DV 6/7 6000 + 7000

Purtroppo vado a rilento, ma appena sono pronto apriamo un nuovo Topic .....in Italiano!!

• Like 1

Italian OFF Topic :offtopic:

Due paroline non ammazzano nessuno!

Ciao smigol!!!!

io sto bene....ho solo un po' da fare (mille cose) + il mio nuovo hack,

voglio sistemare tutto, per fare l'installer per i nostri Laptop: serie DV 6/7 6000 + 7000

Purtroppo vado a rilento, ma appena sono pronto apriamo un nuovo Topic .....in Italiano!!

Micky great!

I'm very happy you're okay!

nice job to create the installer for HP ...

just updated to 10.7.4 and 10.7.5 has been released already :wallbash:

and also the 10.8.2 :wallbash: :wallbash:

bye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone compile for us a MOUNTAIN LION OS X 10.8.2 install Disc Or a tutorial similar to this thread on how to install ML for DV6-6090xx laptop, with all the working KExt?

That would be really great :wink2:

BTW i am currently 10.7.2 can i upgrade directly to 10.8.2?

guys i have saimilar laptop but my wifi 43xx is not working please help me with is..........

my config is

hp dv6 6121tx

core i7 2.0GHZ 2630QM

6GB ram

AMD HD Redeon 6770m 2gb and Intel hd 3000 switchable

1366*786 screen resolution

my AMD redeon 6770m also not working

guys i have saimilar laptop but my wifi 43xx is not working please help me with is..........

my config is

hp dv6 6121tx

core i7 2.0GHZ 2630QM

6GB ram

an eye throws here

DV6-6xxx DV7-6xxx Mountain Lion 10.8.1

• Like 1

my config is

hp dv6 6121tx

core i7 2.0GHZ 2630QM

6GB ram

No chance for Broadcomm 4313 (id e414:4727), no support for Osx, only replacement with bios mod!

Micky

File for post-installation of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (HP Pavilion dv6/7 6xxx)

Use only with the DV6-7 6xxx series, but only the series with bios F1a (54024.exe) or F1b (58068.exe)!

Including tools to repair permissions and rebuild the kernelcache (Kext Utility.app), and "Show All Files.app" to make visible the match_kernel (which is usually hidden), and so it can be deleted and replaced with the *patched.

For other things you read at least the 6/7 pages back!

*Enoch rev2111 is able to patch the kernel "on the fly", to use the original mach_kernel:

if you want to use and try (use the "search button", found and install).

Micky

EDIT

remove, if have, kexts like VoodooHDA.kext, HDAdisabler.kext, HDAIDT.kext, NullCpuPowerManagement.kext etc.

Hello,

I'll explain a bit:

the bios of HP, made by Insyde, is a set of modules that provide the interface to the operating system between software and firmware of hardware components.

Along with these modules, there are also tables of ACPI:

dsdt, SSDT, ssdt1, sddt2 (and more), APIC, RSDT, UEFI etc.

Different between F1a or F1b is only cosmetic (some bad recognition memory banks that HP has found on particular brands of RAM stick, but obviously not all), at least dsdt is the same! So for OSX, but also for Windows, you do not realize anything!

So do not worry to choose between F1a or F1b, because they are practically the same!

The point, is that this type of bios, manufactured by Insyde is RSA signed, and this means that he possesses an encryption:

if you try to mod the bios, and flashig it, you will get an error because the generated file will not be the same as the original one signed, and installer stop the job!

RSA is impossible to decrypt, because its keys is so long that it has billions of combinations.

Using an old installer (previous to RSA time), you can flash the bios (the one posted by @simconti and me).

Unfortunately, of course, the signature was invalid on a modded bios, and if you try to change several settings (not all) when you save the setting on the CMOS, the bios chip comparing the two signatures, and will produce error: the semi-brick

CMOS is a volatile memory, this means that when you remove the power (disconnecting the "battery button") the bios back to its original state!...... ALWAYS!!!!!!

So my advice, if you put the modded bios amended as follows:

always leaves the battery is disconnected, and if it happens semi-brick , just remove the battery of the laptop and everything is fine! (wait about 10/12 seconds to discharge capacitors).

Semi-brick happens if there is no patch in dsdt, or sometimes if hard reset made by powering down your Lappy holding the power button (but only if system is already freeze)!

On our dsdt is present the patch to prevent the reset of the CMOS!

Warning:

Flashing bios on Laptop is always dangerous, even with the original bios!! (think happens if you lost power while flashing the bios: disaster!!)

Unlike motherboards Desktop, Notebooks do not have a removable bios (easy to replace), ........the repair will cost 80 Euros on a not official laboratory in Italy.

Do this only at your own risk!!!!

Feedback from me: the bios mod is ok:

semi-brick is not a total brick, is it always recoverable in few seconds!

Consider, this is not a choice for life, you can put original bios when you want!

disadvantages:

-You can not change several settings.

-Possible, recoverable semi-brick

advantages:

-You can put the wifi card you like, even with bluetooth (the model must be compatible with OSX, of course).

-You can turn off the discrete video card, less heat, and battery consumption increases so much (about 3.5 hours Core i7, i5 think more)

Hey Micky,

Thank you so much for this details explanation :thumbsup_anim:

I just want to make sure from you, i am doing the right steps, because i am really freaked out about this:

1- Leaves the battery disconnected (you mean remove the RTC/CMOS battery)

2- Boot regularly to Windows & apply the modded BIOS

3- Boot to bios and change some settings

3- If it happens semi-brick remove the regular 6-cell battery & AC if connected and wait about 10/12 seconds to discharge capacitors

4- if nothing happens and all went successfully, turns off the laptop and put the RTC/CMOS battery back and boot regularly

Also i would like to ask you, What are the settings that you can't change when you have the modded bios installed?

Hey Micky,

Thank you so much for this details explanation :thumbsup_anim:

I just want to make sure from you, i am doing the right steps, because i am really freaked out about this:

1- Leaves the battery disconnected (you mean remove the RTC/CMOS battery)

2- Boot regularly to Windows & apply the modded BIOS

3- Boot to bios and change some settings

3- If it happens semi-brick remove the regular 6-cell battery & AC if connected and wait about 10/12 seconds to discharge capacitors

4- if nothing happens and all went successfully, turns off the laptop and put the RTC/CMOS battery back and boot regularly

Also i would like to ask you, What are the settings that you can't change when you have the modded bios installed?

I did not say this, just leave detached the button battery of bios (always):

- If it happens the CMOS reset, appears the semibrick

- So, unless you remove the battery of the notebook, the settings are always maintained!

- Semibrick if it happens, you do not need to open the cover under the Lappy, because battery is already disconnected!

Unfortunately I no longer have the notebook in question (I have the new 7000 series), but when you can change to "Dynamic" or "Fixed" your video cards, Fn button behavior etc, basically these are the most important settings in the original bios, with the difference that now you can turn off the HD6770m (or whatever you have) and really save a lot of battery life!

So, I do not think it is necessary have all setting available in modded bios, or a few are able to work, because they do not have on the original bios!

Micky

I did not say this, just leave detached the button battery of bios (always):

- If it happens the CMOS reset, appears the semibrick

- So, unless you remove the battery of the notebook, the settings are always maintained!

- Semibrick if it happens, you do not need to open the cover under the Lappy, because battery is already disconnected!

Unfortunately I no longer have the notebook in question (I have the new 7000 series), but when you can change to "Dynamic" or "Fixed" your video cards, Fn button behavior etc, basically these are the most important settings in the original bios, with the difference that now you can turn off the HD6770m (or whatever you have) and really save a lot of battery life!

So, I do not think it is necessary have all setting available in modded bios, or a few are able to work, because they do not have on the original bios!

Micky

Mikcy are you saying i have to permanently disconnect the RTC/CMOS battery? if a semi brick happens just remove the laptop battery (wait about 10/12 sec), and in order to maintain the saved changes in the BIOS i have to always keep my battery connected.

what if my laptop battery drained completely does that mean the BIOS will reset to its original state?

Yes, Default Setting!

okay, so if this happens you can hang up button battery!

Does not mean you have to throw it away :jester:

Micky

Edit

I thought, if that happens, the semibrick, it is very convenient to strip the Notebook battery for a few seconds, rather than disassemble the lappy :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, Default Setting!

okay, so if this happens you can hang up button battery!

Does not mean you have to throw it away :jester:

Micky

Edit

I thought, if that happens, the semibrick, it is very convenient to strip the Notebook battery for a few seconds, rather than disassemble the lappy :)

which bios mod i should use for Insyde F 1B

1:-sp54024_NWL_Sbloccato_F1A

or

2:-sp54024_NWL_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml

which one is more stable ?

and if it possible to rollback my original F1B and how ?

Hi Maverick

i use the bios mod

sp54024_NWL_Sbloccato_F1A

is OK

:wink2:

unfortunately I'm not good with English

indeed I'm sorry if I've posted a link Italian!