• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Sorry about this Donk, appreciate your work.

No problem. Thanks

jfuchtm

jfuchtm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Is it possible to do link aggreation on a OS X guest under ESXi 5.5?  Have a box running a 10 Gb interface and alass no VMXNET3 drivers for OS X.

Dentyne

Dentyne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Working (somewhat) for me on Yosemite.

I was running 10.10 under ESXi 5.5u2, but getting some PSODs.  I upgraded to latest patch (ESXi550-201410001), but the crashes seemed to get works (see attachments).  The crashes area all in E1000TX and seem to only occur when the OSX vm is running (although the crash happens when the OSX vm is not running).

I've moved to E1000E nics and have been running stably overnight.

Thanks for your efforts - any plans for a vCenter patch to enable management of patched ESXi hosts?

Dent

Attached Files

nubb

nubb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am using ESXi 5.0.0 469512 and cannot get any OSX iso to work properly. I found some hacked up 10.8 iso that gets me to the install menu but the virtual SCSI disk is not found under diskutil. When i use a virtual IDE I never get to the install menu. 

I have tried Donk Unlocker ver 1.3 and 1.1, both successfully installed (1.3 I had to manually patch my rc.local file being as there is no /etc/rc.local.d/ on ESXi 5.0.0). I have used a few retail DMG's that I've tried converting to iso and renaming to ISO, both unsuccessful. 

I've tried various dmg/iso's of OSX 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, all with no luck so far. 

Any advice? On a positive note, I had no issues running the unlocker on my windows box with Player6 and installing osx 10.8 with my weirdo iso. 

nubb

nubb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am using ESXi 5.0.0 469512 and cannot get any OSX iso to work properly. I found some hacked up 10.8 iso that gets me to the install menu but the virtual SCSI disk is not found under diskutil. When i use a virtual IDE I never get to the install menu. 

I have tried Donk Unlocker ver 1.3 and 1.1, both successfully installed (1.3 I had to manually patch my rc.local file being as there is no /etc/rc.local.d/ on ESXi 5.0.0). I have used a few retail DMG's that I've tried converting to iso and renaming to ISO, both unsuccessful. 

I've tried various dmg/iso's of OSX 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, all with no luck so far. 

Any advice? On a positive note, I had no issues running the unlocker on my windows box with Player6 and installing osx 10.8 with my weirdo iso. 

Fixed my problem by converting my dmg with dmg2img. I was using UltraISO. 

relume

relume

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Is it possible to do link aggreation on a OS X guest under ESXi 5.5?  Have a box running a 10 Gb interface and alass no VMXNET3 drivers for OS X.

Hello, unfortunately link aggregation on OSX guest does not work very well - the link aggregation is much slower than a single nic. Also passthrough an 10Gb adapter does not work at all. So the only solution would be an VMXNET3 native driver for OSX. Is the VMXNET3 driver for Linux guest OpenSource? By the way for OSX guest the E1000E nic should be used - by setting it manually in the vmx-setting, as the E1000 creates often PSOD.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy