• P6T7 WS Supercomputer OK
  • P6T6 WS Revolution OK
  • Rampage II GENE OK
  • Rampage II Extreme OK
  • SABERTOOTH X58 OK
  • Rampage III Extreme OK
  • P6X58D-E OK
  • P6X58D Premium OK
  • Rampage III GENE OK (Audio works with VoodooHDA)
  • Rampage III Formula NEED TESTER FEEDBACK
  • Rampage Black Edition NEED TESTER FEEDBACK
  • P6X58-E PRO NEED TESTER FEEDBACK
  • P6X58-E WS NEED TESTER FEEDBACK

-----

macosxlion.jpg

In order to avoid repetitive questions: To use this installation method, you must have a working OSX system running (Leopard or Snow Leopard), or use a real Mac to create the USB installation.

There are already several ways to install LION, Here I will discuss about a "simplified" method, targeted to our specific motherboards. Credits to tseug and his Guide [GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion this method is originally based on it. Credits: Thanks to tseug for his mkboot scrips (this script is based on his job) Thanks to digital_dreamer (MAJ) for the splash screen Thanks to mm67 for the lot of test on SabertoohX58 Thanks to Blackosx for lot of test on Rampage II GENE Thanks all involved in this project.

Lionize & Recreandae support this language:

England-Flag.pngItaly-Flag.pngGermany-Flag.pngFrance-Flag.pngPortugal-Flag.pngSpain-Flag.png

ita.png Per gli amici italiani, questa guida si trova tradotta anche in Italiano e potete trovarla qui --> [Guida] OS X Lion 10.7 (GM e RTM) su Asus X58 LGA 1366 i7 9xx

Ingredients

• OS X Lion install app

lionapp.jpg

• A USB drive (8 GB) or a spare partition. We'll assume you'll use a USB device here.
  • An install partition for OS X Lion. Let's call it Lion
  • The Installer scripts LIONIZE*.

--- STEP 1 ---

movelionapp.png

--- STEP 2 ---

Directions. In Disk Utility, format the USB as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and give it some name: We'll use USB Boot here but it can be anything. Make sure that "GUID Partition Table" is selected under "Options..."

diskutility.jpg

--- STEP 3 ---

Download >> LIONIZE

lionize107.png

--- STEP 4 (OPTIONAL AND NOT RECOMMENDED) ---

Needed step if you wont an already 10.7.1 updated install. THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THE 10.7.1 UPDATE DON'T PUT THE 10.7.2 or 10.73 dmgs INTO THE BOX FOLDER NOT WORK! Download the 10.7.1 update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1437 and copy it into BOX LIONIZE's folder.

twoo.png

--- STEP 5 ---

Doble click the Lionize.command file, and follow the instruction style_emoticons/default/smile.gif This should take ~15 minutes (with out optional update).

--- STEP 6 ---

Boot your USB device and install Lion on /Volumes/Lion as you normally would. Wait for the installation to finish.

--- STEP 7 ---

Then when the system reboots (@ end of install), start again from the USB stick.

Open the terminal from the utilities menu (behind the screen to select the installation language) and type:

./finalize /Volumes/Lion

wait until the process finalizing, and always from terminal type:

(for repair permissioni)

1)

diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/Lion

wait until the process is completed

(for rebuild the cache)

2)

kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Lion/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

wait until the process will completed

(for reboot)

3)

reboot

You can remove your USB stick and boot normally, and boot from your new partition with OS X Lion.

:thumbsup_anim:We finish!!! :thumbsup_anim:

--- STEP 8 (ALTERNATIVE)---

How update my new working Lion 10.7 to 10.7.1, 10.7.2 or 10.7.3?

1. You need an existing OSX to Repair/move rebuild cache ecc...
  2. Update your Lion 10.7.0 or 10.7.1 to 10.7.2
  3. Run Recreandae (from Lionize 1.07
  4. Reboot into a old OSX (ex: Snow or Leopard or other Lion)
  5. Open terminal and enter in sudo mode
    sudo -s

Enter your admin password now...

vsdbutil -i /Volumes/the_name_of_your_Lion_partition

6. Now I suggest to move FakeSMC from Extra/Extensions to S/L/E For this you can use Kext Wizard (In my case I move also AppleVIAATA.Kext) now remove that file from Extra/Extensions (Of course we talk about the Lion partition) Always from Kext Wizard now we can rebuild the cache and repair disk permission.. this take some time...
  7. ) ok exit from sudo mode (Terminal)
    exit

Here a link to a solution in this tread: http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1766702

-------------------------

Q: What is the folder Pack into /Extra ???

A: Go to Extra folder in your new Lion partition, is present a folder called Pack.. inside this folder are been present the Updated content included with the Lionize creation process.

Q: What is Recreandae.command?

A: This script to fix our OS X Lion after a "combo" update. Is used to Repatch losted "patch"

-------------------------

Miscellaneous

Patched DSDT (The same used for Lionized and Recreandae) Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Fabio

• Like 8

Hi ErmaC,

I tried to follow your steps but i'm not able to create to boot disk.

Here's what i did:

I moved "Install Mac Os Lion.app to the Application folder, then i ran Lionize.command choose language an then i can't drag the USB to the Terminal window. If i drag the Lion.app to the terminal first i still cant drag the USB drive

Hi ErmaC,

I tried to follow your steps but i'm not able to create to boot disk.

Here's what i did:

I moved "Install Mac Os Lion.app to the Application folder, then i ran Lionize.command choose language an then i can't drag the USB to the Terminal window. If i drag the Lion.app to the terminal first i still cant drag the USB drive

You have problem with your LAN...

Replace your DSDT with this P6T_SE.zip

Or you can use a real MAC to create the bootUSB

Fabio

Hi ErmaC, just found out what was the problem with my boot creation..

I had my usb flash called Lion_Installer. whem i formated it again and called USB Boot. Lionize start working.

Thanks for your support

Let me know if the install is complete...

Take care on step 7 (start again from USB... don't forget ;))

Fabio

Hello

The installation went very smooth without any problems. Although when i 1st boot into Lion i got this error:

[ PCI Configuration Begin ]

i had the same issue when i updated to 10.6.8 and this was a problem regarding GFX solved by using the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.6.7.

meanwhile, when i'm trying to solve this on Lion 10.7.1 i'm booting with

-v npci=0x2000

How can i test if i have QE/CI? Lion doesn't have my test app (Front Row).

Thank you

• Like 1

The installation went very smooth without any problems. Although when i 1st boot into Lion i got this error:

[ PCI Configuration Begin ]

You have installed using 10.7.1 into BOX folder? or you update after the install?

Also the second boot went fine?

meanwhile, when i'm trying to solve this on Lion 10.7.1 i'm booting with
-v npci=0x2000

How can i test if i have QE/CI? Lion doesn't have my test app (Front Row).

Translucid menu bar?

Fabio

You have installed using 10.7.1 into BOX folder? or you update after the install?

Also the second boot went fine?

Yes i used update in BOX folder. All boots are great except for the npci=0x2000.

Solved the npci=0x2000 with Oleg's IOPCIFamily v2

Translucid menu bar?

Fabio

So it seems i have QE/CI :(

Evrything is working except sound.

I have the device detected and the icon on the menu bar but no sound.

I even installed your fix to ALC1200 from your Italian guide.

I have the device detected and the icon on the menu bar but no sound.

I even installed your fix to ALC1200 from your Italian guide.

Stupid question... but

From System Preferences can you change the Output sound device?

Fabio

Update the Lionize script to V1.04

Changes:

- FIX ALC892 support for SabertoothX58 (thx mm67 & mauriopassotti for test it)

- Add support for Rampage III Extreme (all works)

- Add support for Rampage III GENE (Not tested)

- Update Chameleon 2.1 to revision 1515

Enjoy!

Fabio

Hello just installed to Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, it's almost perfect!!! Thank you.

Sound is working, Network working..... Very stable .Only small thing's to try to resolve....

Sleep doesen't work, the monitor goes off but pc keep's working.....

Esata doesen't work, i have an external hard disk on e-sata port when i connect it system doesen't even recognize it, so unusable, this is the most important to me......

Apart from that all work's and extremelly fast i have 6GB ram triple buffer, i also have a geforce graphic's card 8400GS from asus.

Hope you can help with the external e-sata not working.

Trying to update my system to Lion using this but it's not working. What's happening: when the installer runs, between each click on the process I get the spinning rainbow cursor. The installer goes through fine and I can boot and run Finalize. I'm installing 10.7.1 but no other updates. Upon booting the system, I first get the Chameleon loader screen with the spinning load indicator, which then changes to Apple's own logo at right screen resolution and the mouse pointer being visible, but the loading stops there.

System specs:

P6T SE, 8 GB RAM installed, 0805 BIOS installed

Asus EAH5770 512MB

using the on-board network card & sound

I have 10.6.8 installed and working fine.

What I've tried already:

* replace DSDT with the one I have working on 10.6.8, no effect

* run on arch=x86_32, no effect

Looking at the logs on the failing drive, all seems to go smooth, until lines like this start to pop up:

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[124]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[44]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[49]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[121]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create dSYM-less CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[49]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create dSYM-less CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[121]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create dSYM-less CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[124]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create dSYM-less CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[44]

Googling around I can only find references to Darwin developers saying it's likely caused by a missing dyld, which indicates a package wasn't installed? To be clear, I'm attempting to do a clean installation.

Any tips on how to debug this?

Esata doesen't work, i have an external hard disk on e-sata port when i connect it system doesen't even recognize it, so unusable, this is the most important to me......

OS X doesn't support hot-plugging eSata. Assuming the port works, the way you can use it is to power down your machine and the drive, connect them, power up the drive and wait a moment so it spins up, then power up the computer. Does this work for you?

I can't replicate this 'cause i dont have any esata.

my installation on P6T SE went very smooth and without any major problems. The only thing i can suggest to you is try install jmicron esata kexts.

Trying to update my system to Lion using this but it's not working. What's happening: when the installer runs, between each click on the process I get the spinning rainbow cursor. The installer goes through fine and I can boot and run Finalize. I'm installing 10.7.1 but no other updates. Upon booting the system, I first get the Chameleon loader screen with the spinning load indicator, which then changes to Apple's own logo at right screen resolution and the mouse pointer being visible, but the loading stops there.

System specs:

P6T SE, 8 GB RAM installed, 0805 BIOS installed

Asus EAH5770 512MB

using the on-board network card & sound

I have 10.6.8 installed and working fine.

What I've tried already:

* replace DSDT with the one I have working on 10.6.8, no effect

* run on arch=x86_32, no effect

Looking at the logs on the failing drive, all seems to go smooth, until lines like this start to pop up:

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[124]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[44]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[49]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[121]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create dSYM-less CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[49]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create dSYM-less CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[121]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create dSYM-less CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[124]

Sep 11 11:22:57 localhost ReportCrash[148]: Failed to create dSYM-less CSSymbolicatorRef for launchd[44]

Googling around I can only find references to Darwin developers saying it's likely caused by a missing dyld, which indicates a package wasn't installed? To be clear, I'm attempting to do a clean installation.

Any tips on how to debug this?

try update your Bios to 0908. I got toons of errors on my first installation using bios 0808, after the update the installation went great

try update your Bios to 0908. I got toons of errors on my first installation using bios 0808, after the update the installation went great

Updated and re-installed, and still failing but in a different spot. Makes me wonder what's wrong. This time I get log rows indicating there's an issue finding files on the hard drive:

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.locationd[59]): posix_spawn("/usr/libexec/locationd", ...): No such file or directory

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.locationd[59]): Exited with code: 1

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.mDNSResponder[56]): posix_spawn("/usr/sbin/mDNSResponder", ...): No such file or directory

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.mDNSResponder[56]): Exited with code: 1

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.netbiosd[121]): posix_spawn("/usr/sbin/netbiosd", ...): No such file or directory

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.netbiosd[121]): Exited with code: 1

When I reboot to 10.6.8 and check, the binaries are there.

Updated and re-installed, and still failing but in a different spot. Makes me wonder what's wrong. This time I get log rows indicating there's an issue finding files on the hard drive:

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.locationd[59]): posix_spawn("/usr/libexec/locationd", ...): No such file or directory

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.locationd[59]): Exited with code: 1

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.mDNSResponder[56]): posix_spawn("/usr/sbin/mDNSResponder", ...): No such file or directory

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.mDNSResponder[56]): Exited with code: 1

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.netbiosd[121]): posix_spawn("/usr/sbin/netbiosd", ...): No such file or directory

Sep 12 12:33:36 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.netbiosd[121]): Exited with code: 1

When I reboot to 10.6.8 and check, the binaries are there.

After i update my bios i reset it to default and then i used this config on my bios:

- Main
			  - Storage Configuration
				   + Configure SATA as [AHCI]
		 - Advanced
			  - CPU coonfiguration
				   + A20M [Disabled]
				   + everything else [Enabled]
			  - Onboard Devices Configuration
				   + High Definition Audio [Enabled]
				   + Front Panel Audio [HD Audio]
		 - Power
			  + Suspend Mode [Auto]
			  + Repost Video on S3 Resume [Enabled]
			  + ACPI 2.0 Support [Enabled]
			  + ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]
			  - APM Configuration
				   + Restore on AC Power Loss [Last State]

After this i reinstalled lion from scratch and went great.

OS X doesn't support hot-plugging eSata. Assuming the port works, the way you can use it is to power down your machine and the drive, connect them, power up the drive and wait a moment so it spins up, then power up the computer. Does this work for you?

Sorry but this doesn't work form me. Hot swap is not important. But being able to use my esata port for external storage is very important to me.

Can someone help? Maybe some bios tweak or driver..... I really don't know.

Also please the moderator can put the Asus P6T6 WS revolution as tested and working, because aside this minor problem all work's perfect. Even sleep is almost perfect. The PC alone disconnects LCD but PC always on. But if you use the sleep command in MAC OS PC goes to full shutdown and when you touch keyboard or mouse it will awake in correct way.

Thank you all for help in solving E-sata problem in system info i don't see nothing related to my e-sata adapter maybe some driver missing?

Main board uses Marvell 88SE6121

Thank you

Thank you all for help in solving E-sata problem in system info i don't see nothing related to my e-sata adapter maybe some driver missing?

Main board uses Marvell 88SE6121

Right - I can't actually (googling quickly) find a working driver for that chipset. The cheap easy solution to having an external sata port that works using the cold-boot method I mentioned above is to purchase an "sata to esata bracket" such as this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16812816068

That effectively connects the drives to an internal SATA port, which doesn't support hot plugging but works otherwise fine. I have one and it works well.

iFabio ,

Thanks immensely for hooking us all up with a wiring Lion you a true Gentleman , its very noble that your doing this for us, i have a few questions about your lionise v.4

should i use this to reinstall Lion over my existing lion, if so what benefits will i have? i mean the holy grail is a vanilla mac on a p.c will this bring me closer to the fabeled goblet ? lol

also will this work with nVidia GTX 470 or will i have to use your SSDT that you created for me earlier ?

thanks in advance brother

so far im using

In Extensions Folder.

AppleVIAATA.kext

Fake SMC.kext

NVFERMI.Kext

In extra

SSDT.aml

and in the Library

(original but modified Apple graphics management for gtx470 true power)

AppleHDA (as standard for sound)

HDAEnabler (as standard as standard for sound)

Realtekrtl81xx (as standard for internet)

i remember you saying something about we should be moving forward and not back but didn't really get the just of what the new ALC sound folder was doing or what it was for

Truly many thanks in advance

Khen

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution

confirmed works with Lionize

feedback by macshade

Fabio

so far im using

In Extensions Folder.

AppleVIAATA.kext

Fake SMC.kext

NVFERMI.Kext

In extra

SSDT.aml

Khen

Hi Khen...

You talking about a new install? or an upgrade from 10.7 to 10.7.1?

Lionize from a new install provide all the needed file for you mobo...

by the way... for what i know AppleVIAATA is not needed for you P6T SE..

No idea about Fermi kext...

If you wont a new USB boot ready for your spec ...

create it from scratch and when the process is complete add the SSDT file into the Extra folder (USB) and disable GraphicsEnable from org.chameleon.Boot.plist (always in the Extra USB)...

thats all!

Fabio

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution

confirmed works with Lionize

feedback by macshade

Fabio

Hi Khen...

You talking about a new install? or an upgrade from 10.7 to 10.7.1?

Lionize from a new install provide all the needed file for you mobo...

by the way... for what i know AppleVIAATA is not needed for you P6T SE..

No idea about Fermi kext...

If you wont a new USB boot ready for your spec ...

create it from scratch and when the process is complete add the SSDT file into the Extra folder (USB) and disable GraphicsEnable from org.chameleon.Boot.plist (always in the Extra USB)...

thats all!

Fabio

sweet ill reinstall the files over my 10.7.1

add dml repair mkext and im good to go

seems like a weekend job to me

The Lionize.command process always fails for me with the error:

Attaching OS X Lion...

hdiutil: attach failed - No such file or directory

The USB drive is properly partitioned:

dum8.png

c~fb.png

I am doing this from Mac OS X 10.7.1 with the Install Mac OS X Lion.app in my applications directory.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something else I can try?