DSDT Auto patcher - Gone?

crencom

225 posts in this topic

Hi MaLd0n, i need some help with DSDT on Intel DZ68DB please.

(i've posted this on olarila forum too)

Send_me files attached,

thanks in advance)

This DSDT ^^^ was taken from 10.7 installed via this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729 (Lion didn't required patching AICPUPM)

And the one i'm attaching right now is from 10.6.8 with patched AICPUPM, the system seems to boot from hard-drive without DSDT but there are some errors in kernel.log and the bootloader can't generate P&C-States...

dz68db_send_me10.6.8.zip

May I know why Auto patcher terminated? Will editor and patcher provide same function? If I provide my DSDT here, will somebody help me to patch it? I currently have 10.7.2 running, but cannot sleep, audio doesn't work, no CPU steps and so on. BTW, I have P5E-VM HDMI motherboard with QX9650 CPU and nVidia 8600 GTS video card.

Thanks

Noodle

Thanks, by using editor and patcher, I was able to make almost everything working on my P5E-VM HDMI. sleep, wakeup, network, speedstep, and so on. only exception is: front mic not working. I may need to hack PinConfigure on ALC 883 myself.

Thanks a lot.

Noodel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MaLd0n

Great work, I have been reading this thread and it's very nice of you to go to this trouble for everyone.

I was wandering if it mattered at what point the original dsdt is extracted? I'm going to extract mine tonight, but should it be done on a clean install of OSX - does it matter what Kexts are used? I have a working OSX system on a p35 ds3r motherboard, it has a dsdt but I know I've patched it wrongly and as a result I am getting all sorts of system hangs when doing very basic stuff on OSX.

SO, should I just try to get the system running without the dsdt and then extract it using an app?

thanks Stuart

Hi MaLd0n

OK, I deleted my dsdt and booted with myhack v7. I felt this was the best way to get you a clean dsdt. I used your amazing app to extract and I have enclosed the file,

thanks again

Stuart

Here's your patched DSDT.

Next time use any old version of Auto-Patcher, it includes all the patches for your motherboard.

dsdt_surfstu.zip

Thanks XLR,

much appreciated, but unsure of the changes you made, HPET was not included which means I get panic with nullcpumanagement kext

The dsdt did not work. The only reason I uploaded my orginal dsdt was because I was unable to get to 10.6.8 (currently on 10.6.4)

I made a dsdt with patches similar for my board p35 ds3r rev 1.0 - and with HPET but i thought I had done something wrong to stop me upgrading to 10.6.8, and then possibly to lion.

Thanks very much for your efforts though, maybe I get HPET code from somewhere and add it to the dsdt you sent me? Then maybe I can go to 10.6.8?

stuart

* "without" nullcpumanagement

Seems like the problem isn't with your DSDT, here's the list of patches:

DTGP

HDEF/ALC889A

HID/CID

HPET

IRQs

RENAMED DEVICES

RTC

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

EHCI

LPC

UHCI

REMOVED DEVICES

Make sure your HPET is set to 64 in BIOS, and use the latest Chameleon.

hi XLR,

thanks again for speedy reply! - Yes, it was dsdt related, like I said... there was no hpet fix in the dsdt you sent me back?

I'm writing this on my old dsdt system which has the hpet fix....

The one you sent me back needed the nullcpumanagement kext in order for a succesful boot

cheers Stuart

Should the one you sent me have Device HPET?

cheers Stuart

Let's see:

Seems like the problem isn't with your DSDT, here's the list of patches:

DTGP

HDEF/ALC889A

HID/CID

HPET

IRQs

RENAMED DEVICES

RTC

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

EHCI

LPC

UHCI

REMOVED DEVICES

Make sure your HPET is set to 64 in BIOS, and use the latest Chameleon.

Well, looks like it does.

Use the the following patcher for your motherboard: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z4vgmm

And if you want to use other patching methods, then use this: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=223205

Thanks for having a shot at this!

It looks very unlike anything else I've seen

I'll try it out tomorrow.

Any idea what the audio part of it would be named on this DSDT?

I can't seem to find anything that looks like it could be AZEL or HDEF.

The codec is ALC888S and I had that showing up using HDAEnabler 888 kext using LegacyAppleRTC and NullPowerManagement instead of a DSDT.

Cheers

i didn't did HDEF, this is the only thing i didn't patched for you

i also can't find much details about ALC888S, but i found in tonymac hdaenabler for it that work with applehda8xx and applehda rollback.

hope this help

DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER :wallbash: it really is not a good substitute for auto patcher. but I get your drift its a hearth attack to maintain auto patcher :help:

Ill be going back to using DSDTSE because when it comes down to text editing its just way better

DSDT Editor and Patcher is a great tool and even better than AutoPatcher, which is a simplified version of the same tool.

DSDTSE was used to come up with most of the edits but DSDTE and P is great for applying and compiling once the edits have been made into patches.

i didn't did HDEF, this is the only thing i didn't patched for you

i also can't find much details about ALC888S, but i found in tonymac hdaenabler for it that work with applehda8xx and applehda rollback.

hope this help

Didn't work unfortunately.

Thanks anyway

Hi, I have 7 errors in my dsdt most of them are "Not all control paths return a value (_DSM)".

And about a year ago I also had a patched dsdt but audio didnt work properly and I still needed nullcpupowermanagement.kext after updating. (The dsdt uploaded here is a new one, unchanged (applied 1 patch that I know).

It is for a notebook clevo w860cu with i7 920xm.

With ati mobility 5870 gpu (Is it possible that this card will work out of the box?, since it works in 10.6.6 after using a special boot file/vbios rom).

Thanks,

clevo w860cu dsdt.zip

Hi XLR,

Here am Attaching my DSDT for DELL XPS 17 L702x laptop, please fix the errors.

System Specs & Problems:

Intel Core i7-2630 QM Processor @ 2.00 Ghz

Intel 6 Series HM67 Chipset

1920x1080 Full HD

3 GB Nvidia GT 555M GDDR3 and Intel HD 3000 Optimus ( NO 3D )

Realtek ALC665

DELL Quanta HD Webcam

Backlit Keyboard

USB 2.0 not working

Brightness FN keys not working

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN

send_me.zip