• 4,532 posts
:)

Havner

Havner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So did all of you flashed the linked bios?

I'd rather avoid that if that is absolutely not necessary. I'm not sure what revision, version etc is it. Can anybody clarify?

Without it though whatever DSDT I use I get kernel panic at start with CPU Power Management. Is that because of it? I tried generated DSDT files by me. All linked here and in other threads I found. Using them with #####/##### installation + 10.7.2.

I know there is NullCPUPM but I'd rather have the features.

Would be grateful for any insights.

EDIT: forget it, flashed and it's working fine.

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,532 posts
The problem is the AppleCPUPowermanagement.kexts, to get it working without disabler you need the patched bios or the speed stepper by flaked. http://www.insanelym...threaded&start=
Two different ways the get the same result :)

Havner

Havner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The problem is the AppleCPUPowermanagement.kexts, to get it working without disabler you need the patched bios or the speed stepper by flaked. http://www.insanelym...threaded&start=
Two different way the get the same result :)

So there was a way to do that without the BIOS hack :-)
Thank you, will try this when I update to 0902 (or whatever number the latest version had).

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,532 posts
:)

ampex999

ampex999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
sorry for my english.
Can you write instruction for install LEON on GENE Z+ 2600K and activate sound\video(2600k) via HDMI. No additional video card. Memory 16Gb.
In MB install last 9xx BIOS. Downgrade BIOS to ver 4xx not possible from bios interface.

Smithingya

Smithingya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello Buoo and others,

Thanks a lot for the dsdt. I have been hustling with getting lion no my gene-z. Without dsdt I didn't get audio working and a lot of kernel panic et cetera. With the dsdt it all works fine, except for the sleep.
When I try to get out of the sleep mode, the mouse and keyboard dont react anymore, so usb can't get out of sleep. The awesome red lights on my mono say 30, which means the system is waking up from the s3 state. And it keeps there, as it is stuck on repowering the usb I guess.
I think I might have wrong bios settings, but I can't figure out what, and I'm afraid of just messing around because I get heart infarcts and suicidal thoughts by seeing kp's.
If you need more info on my settings or anything please ask.

I hope anyone can help me with this, maybe what the right settings for the usb are?

Thanks guys for passively/actively helping me here,

Maarten

gp-se

gp-se

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Computers

So did all of you flashed the linked bios?

I'd rather avoid that if that is absolutely not necessary. I'm not sure what revision, version etc is it. Can anybody clarify?

Without it though whatever DSDT I use I get kernel panic at start with CPU Power Management. Is that because of it? I tried generated DSDT files by me. All linked here and in other threads I found. Using them with #####/##### installation + 10.7.2.

I know there is NullCPUPM but I'd rather have the features.

Would be grateful for any insights.

EDIT: forget it, flashed and it's working fine.

Hey guys, I did the same thing here, installed 10.7.2, and used ##### to get everything running. Everything works except sleep, so I followed this guide to make my own DSDT:
http://tonymacx86.co...hp?f=14&t=35559
After I created this DSDT I deleted: EvOreboot.kext, and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, then put the DSDT in my Extra Folder. The next time I tried to boot I got a KP right away on boot, from AppleCPUPowermanagement.
If I flash my bios with the bios posted in the first post will sleep/shutdown, etc work? Do I have to use the DSDT posted in the first post also, or can I use the one I made?
Or Is there another way to get sleep without flashing the bios?
I currently have these kext's installed: FakeSMC.kext, LegacyAppleRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

lemka

lemka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hello guys, before christmass I try my GENE with this custom bios, sleep and speedstep works great, but my audio dont work :(

2nd option: Try newest BIOS from Asus 0902 and ##### with AppleHDA + ALC892 for non-DSDT, audio now works fine.

next step without DSDT is working speedstep... for this you must patch

AppleCPUPowermanagement. with speedstepper and works great !

NOW I HAVE MY: i2500k@4800Mhz, 16GB RAM, Geforce560ti

sounds:
work !
GPU: work !
sleep work !
overclocking: work !

Geekbench: 13700points

Smithingya

Smithingya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I used ##### and ##### with buoos dsdt, alc 889, apple hda rollback and alc8xx enabler, and intel lan.
I have 6850 cyclone MSI.
I overclocked my i5 2500k to 1 core 5,3
2 cores 5,2
3 cores 5,1
4 core 5 ghz
8gigs ram. When ram on 1333MHz my Geekbench score is 14000
When ram on XM, wich is 1600MHz my Geekbench is below 10000, wich is a little weird, if anyone knows why please let me know.
PLL overvoltage is enabled so sleep dont work
vcore is 1,470 and stable, maybe i can decrease is to 1.465.
I do use the hacked version 403 or something so i dont have the speedstepper patched.
So for me sound and ethernet and graphics all works. Dunno whether eSata works cause I dont use it. USB 3 doesnt work.

I am very happy with my little beast!

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,290 posts

I used ##### and ##### with buoos dsdt, alc 889, apple hda rollback and alc8xx enabler, and intel lan.
I have 6850 cyclone MSI.
I overclocked my i5 2500k to 1 core 5,3
2 cores 5,2
3 cores 5,1
4 core 5 ghz
8gigs ram. When ram on 1333MHz my Geekbench score is 14000
When ram on XM, wich is 1600MHz my Geekbench is below 10000, wich is a little weird, if anyone knows why please let me know.
PLL overvoltage is enabled so sleep dont work
vcore is 1,470 and stable, maybe i can decrease is to 1.465.
I do use the hacked version 403 or something so i dont have the speedstepper patched.
So for me sound and ethernet and graphics all works. Dunno whether eSata works cause I dont use it. USB 3 doesnt work.

I am very happy with my little beast!

Hey man you have cpu vcore to 1,470 day use ?

Smithingya

Smithingya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hey man you have cpu vcore to 1,470 day use ?

Yes, just a little above 1,450V, its not that high is it?

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,290 posts

Yes, just a little above 1,450V, its not that high is it?

Hey Man attention..with this vcore on sandy bridge..max vcore for 24/7 1.35 - 1.38

You have resolve problem with usb?
Wich metod you use for installation?

macross9321

macross9321

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
can anyone confirm if the sata 6gps port work at full speed - would like to pair a sata III SSD drive with this board

Smithingya

Smithingya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I lowered the vcore and multiplyer, i am going to use windows to see what lowest vcore i can have with 4,6GHz.
I did not resolve the usb, and i cannot wake from sleep, but this is not a big problem.
I do have a sata III drive installed, agility 3, trim enabled, and i get these scores:

Results 273.86
System Info
Xbench Version 1.3
System Version 10.7 (11A511)
Physical RAM 8192 MB
Model iMac12,2
Drive Type OCZ-AGILITY3
Disk Test 273.86
Sequential 169.87
Uncached Write 152.74 93.78 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Write 135.91 76.90 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Uncached Read 135.24 39.58 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Read 444.70 223.50 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Random 706.16
Uncached Write 1237.86 131.04 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Write 277.53 88.85 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Uncached Read 3414.84 24.20 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Read 1041.14 193.19 MB/sec [256K blocks]

I dont know how good it is and whether it is good or not, the first grades are the xbench scores, the second the actual speed.

I have the "hacked" bios 403, and just recently patched my powermanagement, but: even though i did overclock my system, here in my mac install the multiplyer sticks at 33, so thats a problem i need to have a look at!

I am going to update my bios, check the settings, lower the vcore and google for solutions to my turbo not working!

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,290 posts
For test ssd ..use AJA System Test
But you usb work or not?
Mouse and keybord working?

Smithingya

Smithingya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

For test ssd ..use AJA System Test
But you usb work or not?
Mouse and keybord working?

My mouse and keyboard do work. Its just that when i wake up from sleep, usb does not power up again, it s not like it hangs or something, when i press the i/o button it mac osx asks me to shut off, reboot, sleep etc, so the pc doesnt hang but just no usb out/input.

With the aja test and defoult settings i get 375mb/s write and 452 mb/s read, pretty good i guess and definitely sata III working!

By the way, i updated my bios to 902 and i can confirm powermanagemant does work after patching it!

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,290 posts
good..wich dsdt you use?

Smithingya

Smithingya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
the one uploaded by buoo,

i cant find a fix for my turbo not working :(

BloodShadow

BloodShadow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys i'm new here and need your help. Could you send me an dsdt.aml with all your edits especially for onboard sound please? thank you very much! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy