10.7.1 Update - Wanna know if it will break your system?

SunLizard

12 posts in this topic

I think I saw one of these a very long time ago (e.g. 10.4.x era) but its been a while since.

The following is a screen shot of Pacifist's reveal of the 10.7.1 pkg. Chances are if you modified one of these KEXTs (or have dependencies in your E/E folder on one of them,) there's a possibility that something will break if you update.

Thought this might be nice to bring back ...

Happy Lion-ing.

post-99721-1313546745_thumb.png

I simply ran my patches on AppleHDA again, otherwise it all seems fine. But yeah, it's always wise to back up first, just in case.

and to have a look with pacifist ..

but this package includes nothing astonishing. Mainly ichat stuff and updated graphics drivers. Not even a new OpenGL framework nor updated apps other then ichat ( in 10.7.2 dev it is ).

I modded the 10.7.1 Ati kexts now for mobility4650 LVDS/shrike , find them here

Updated and no real issues, noticing more free memory available. no noticed fix to anything, FaceTime still does not work

just one thing : facetime error is not related to Ethernet card built-in. My DSDT is now completely fixed with everything one can think of, and still FT is not working, also no effect if using chameleon with Ethernet= builtin..

The update broke my QE/CL and I had to replace all the ATI .kexts on S/L/E with the ones from a previous backup with Time Machine I did just before the update.

Now it works again fine ;)

Facetime doesn't work still for me. I can live with that :)