• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

macusers

macusers

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I tried this on my EP45-UD3P with no luck. Got it on the drive but when it boots it stops here. My Hack is exactly like the Lifehacker build that used this board. Only difference is I have two opticals and 4 hard drives.

I have tried Kakewalk and the Xmove way and both stop at the exact same point which makes me think its something I'm missing. I only run 3 kexts for 10.6.8. FakeSMC, AHCI, BlockStorageInjector, and NullPowerManagement. I've also updated to the newest Chimera and tried #####.

Any ideas?

Did you set your bios to boot from the USB Stick is the first device ?. because if you boot from SL then hit any key to interrupt then choose your USB installer you will get kernel panic.

natgab

natgab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Trouble reinstalling Lion on my Hackintosh:

I ended up erasing Lion / messing up partitions trying to get Windows to boot from Chameleon. (stupid Windows) Previously Kakewalk installed perfect to my machine, http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1729928

I'm just wondering why it won't install again to my USB stick. I used the same Lion image, USB stick and Kakewalk 4.01 app as before but for some reason it won't install this time. I downloaded the 4.03 version and tried that one too. I know the USB stick works fine for booting because I used it to reinstall Snow Leopard without trouble. Should I just do a fresh download of the Lion image?

thanks

macusers

macusers

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I ended up erasing Lion / messing up partitions trying to get Windows to boot from Chameleon. (stupid Windows) Previously Kakewalk installed perfect to my machine, http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1729928

I'm just wondering why it won't install again to my USB stick. I used the same Lion image, USB stick and Kakewalk 4.01 app as before but for some reason it won't install this time. I downloaded the 4.03 version and tried that one too. I know the USB stick works fine for booting because I used it to reinstall Snow Leopard without trouble. Should I just do a fresh download of the Lion image?

thanks

Have you tried to reformat you USB ?

leafhound

leafhound

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

thanks

I think Lion only works with 1-partitioned drives.

leafhound

leafhound

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
this package helped some people last time with getting audio going.

http://cl.ly/2k0F3z0v1Z1G261p3j0C

Mad-Marty

Mad-Marty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Is it possible using Kakewalk somehow to install Lion without a working OS X install?

How about a windows version of Kakewalk, to prepare everything?

The problem is, i have currently no working OS X environment available.

macusers

macusers

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Is it possible using Kakewalk somehow to install Lion without a working OS X install?

According to kakewalk pdf instruction, you got to have a Mac or a working Hackintosh. Maybe your local library has a Mac that you can use.

leafhound

leafhound

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

VMware or VirtualBox should have you a working OSX environment to get a pen set up.

KDCane

KDCane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Did you set your bios to boot from the USB Stick is the first device ?. because if you boot from SL then hit any key to interrupt then choose your USB installer you will get kernel panic.

I booted from the USB stick through the F12 boot options BIOS command. Since its BIOS not a boot loader do you think it matters?

macusers

macusers

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I booted from the USB stick through the F12 boot options BIOS command. Since its BIOS not a boot loader do you think it matters?

Yes, it is.

ArcticFox

ArcticFox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I love this program.

I have a bootable USB thumbdrive that installs Lion perfectly. If i make an image of this drive can i then burn to DVD and use the DVD to boot instead of USB?

leafhound

leafhound

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Updated to 10.7.1

natgab

natgab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I think Lion only works with 1-partitioned drives.

---OK, took a few days off from fiddling with it, because you can only bash your head against the wall so many times. My HD for Lion is currently one single partition. I have Snow Leopard running perfectly on a 2nd HD.

I have tried both the plain erase on Disk Utility and the re-partition & erase on my USB stick. Neither formatting wants to work like it did last time. I have two images of Lion, the OS X Lion 10.7 by Deduen, and the Lion.app version, I have tried both.

Should I try erasing, the USB (or Hard Drive) in Linux or something to see if it clear away any formatting errors? Erase the Lion images I have and redownload them?

thanks

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 577 posts

I think Lion only works with 1-partitioned drives

WHAT ? ;)

my Lion is on the second HD with 3 Partitions/GUID !

no problems at all.

or did i misunderstand ?!

CooSee ' Ya

notewar

notewar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I cant access the compatibility list as the official site is down. My concern is
whether the motherboard i had "intel dh67cl " with 2600K i7 and ATI 6500 HD GPU is compatible with
this method.

THank you

ergot

ergot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Is that going to work ONLY on GB MB?
How about Asus MB? Like the P6T WS Pro Server board...?

JasonY

JasonY

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Doesn't work with my laptop ASUS K53SV (i5-2410M) , Chosen mother board P5K-USB3 . Then when I tried to boot with the Kakewalk USB , it gave me a Kernal Panic...

Attached File  IMG_1013.JPG   1.66MB   12 downloads

Please advice ~~ HDD is a GUID Partition Table , Mac only (1 Partition only)

rojovelasco

rojovelasco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Its possible to use this on an Atom computer somehow? Thanks!

KDCane

KDCane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Set to boot from USB and still no luck. This is infuriating.

Daimyo68

Daimyo68

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Wow, talk about easy USB install.

My only problem, thus far, is motherboard choice.

I have the Gigabyte GS-X48-DS4...

What/which MB in the list would you recommend trying? I installed the P45 board, but that's as far as I have gone so far, before knowing if I need to add an other information to the USB files.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy