1) Download Lion app from appstore
2) Follow the procedures mentioned below to prepare installation media.
3) Boot into the installation media and choose the Hard disk where GM is installed (It will
say that your files,programs,accounts etc will stay untouched.)
4) Install and reboot .
5) Follow the same post installation procedures mentioned below.
6) Done!!! Enjoy Lion.
1) DSDT Auto Patcher
2) Chameleon 2 RC5
3) OSX Lion.app
4) A working OSX installation
5) MBR patch by Nawcom
6) An 8 GB USB Partition/hard drive volume
7) Extra Lion DP4 pkg
8) Extra Installation Package
1) Right click on OSX Lion.app and click show contents. Open up Contents/Shared Support/InstallESD.dmg
3) When it is mounted open up the terminal and type :
5) Connect the USB and go to Disk Utility to format it to OS X Extended(journaled) [In case of a hard disk partition
format it in same manner]....Now restore the Basesystem to the Flash drive or HD Partition.
6) Open Basesystem and navigate to /System/Installation/.....delete the Packages link and replace it with the
Packages folder from the InstallESD mounted earlier.
5) Now extract the Nawcom's patch for MBR (link provided below ) to the Desktop. open the installation media and
6) Now Install Extra Lion pkg(link below) and then Chameleon 2 RC5(link below)
[Both must be installed to the Installation media]
7) Done now restart and keep pressing F12 until you are asked to select the drives.....boot into the USB if installation
media is USB otherwise directly into the HD
8) In the Chameleon menu choose Mac OS Basesystem (Installation media).
9) Install on the HD partition you want and wait for installation to finish.
10) Boot into the Lion using the Installation media .
1) Install Extra Installation pkg(link below) .
2) Install Chameleon 2 RC5 ( link below) .
3) Run DSDT auto patcher and copy the DSDT.aml generated in desktop to /Extra.
1) Extra Lion pkg
3) DSDT Auto Patcher
4) Extra installation pkg
5) Nawcom's MBR patch pkg
All credits goes to Maldon and Nawcom....I just put them together
1) If you have issues connecting to appstore then open up a terminal and type in :
then add these lines in it:
2) If you use PS2 keyboard and it is not detected replace
/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plistwith the one provided
below using other mac or by placing it into the root of another usb and booting into installation media and
opening up terminal and typing in
Post comments on the issues in this procedure