G73SW/G74SW Lion GM Install

jeffc2009

183 posts in this topic

Nothings really working for me here ill try this one and see, here attached is my wlan info could you please let me know what you think?

Not sure whats going on. What do you have in ur e/e? Here is a copy of iousbfamily thats working for me, it will Kp once than it wont do it again even with usb mouse plugged in.

Reinstalled last night. Here they are.

Thank you, but I found my 10.6.8 comboupdate!

I am trying to download the update and extract the kexts from that but its going slowwwwww 3 days 0 KP's

Thank you too sparkythewondersquid!

Make sure you update system and kernel cache before restarting!!!

sudo chown root:admin /

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

If you noticed that device to device is still in mib/s, not giop/s. You have some acceleration, but not full cuda. You might want to try some other nvidia gfx drivers!!!

Fixed. Removed AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. Doh! When all else fails, re-read the original post!

post-150796-1310608493_thumb.png

@jeffc2009,

It has been a while since I have manually repaired permissions. Will these commands basically do the same thing or not and if not I am confused on the ownership script you run for the root of the drive /.

This was the way I did it in the past:

chmod -R 755 Extensions/*

chown -R 0:0 Extensions/*

touch Extensions

I do use kext wizard to repair permissions so I am hoping it resets the caches to?

Maybe the touch extensions is not enough to reset the other caches or not? Your other command is changing ownership for the entire drive:

Won't that also change the user folder as well?

I got in trouble one time when I tried to do this manually on the entire drive. I will do this only for Extensions and let the kext wizard take care of the rest.

Good News flAked updated the AICPUPM for Lion GM 166 version:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1693585

@jeffc2009,

It has been a while since I have manually repaired permissions. Will these commands basically do the same thing or not and if not I am confused on the ownership script you run for the root of the drive /.

This was the way I did it in the past:

chmod -R 755 Extensions/*

chown -R 0:0 Extensions/*

touch Extensions

I do use kext wizard to repair permissions so I am hoping it resets the caches to?

Maybe the touch extensions is not enough to reset the other caches or not? Your other command is changing ownership for the entire drive:

Won't that also change the user folder as well?

I got in trouble one time when I tried to do this manually on the entire drive. I will do this only for Extensions and let the kext wizard take care of the rest.

Good News flAked updated the AICPUPM for Lion GM 166 version:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1693585

as long as you are part of admin group, you are fine. The rest of commmands is to update kernel/system cache. As for AICPUPM 1.66. Have you tried it, what they said is only few speedsteps are reached. Right now we have all speedsteps working. But there's a lag in video drivers that apple provided.

Not sure whats going on. What do you have in ur e/e? Here is a copy of iousbfamily thats working for me, it will Kp once than it wont do it again even with usb mouse plugged in.

Thank you, but I found my 10.6.8 comboupdate!

Thank you too sparkythewondersquid!

Make sure you update system and kernel cache before restarting!!!

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Is this for USB 3.0?

Nothings really working for me here ill try this one and see, here attached is my wlan info could you please let me know what you think?

Hi Jeff, I reinstalled last night using your latest package, the wrong IO80211Family registered my card but I couldn't connect to any networks, when I used the proper one I got kernel panics for several boots with dependancies issues, all im using are the files in the pack and nothing more, I don't understand why it worked in snow but not here, what can I do, I have tried every kext and the only one that makes my card work is the kext that doesn't support wireless n

@jeffc2009,

This is what I have now with the AICPUPM version 159

MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 26 27 28 29

I have not tried the 166 Lion GM yet.

Can you post what you have.

Hi Jeff, I reinstalled last night using your latest package, the wrong IO80211Family registered my card but I couldn't connect to any networks, when I used the proper one I got kernel panics for several boots with dependancies issues, all im using are the files in the pack and nothing more, I don't understand why it worked in snow but not here, what can I do, I have tried every kext and the only one that makes my card work is the kext that doesn't support wireless n

here's a new package I want you to try!!! Don't use anything else! Make sure u are on a fresh install.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PJAFHLDW

@jeffc2009,

This is what I have now with the AICPUPM version 159

MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 26 27 28 29

I have not tried the 166 Lion GM yet.

Can you post what you have.

What definition are you using???

Thanks I'll give it a try. I read in the 10.6.8 thread that "SMmanufacter" should be changed to "SMmanufacturer" in the smbios from OSX 10.6.8 and above without the quotes of course. Anywhere you find facter change it to facturer.

I am not sure if this really can make any difference or not but I know for a fact you have to have the correct "SMboardproduct" string or you could encounter issues with your Wireless. Maybe that is the problem littlepapapump is enountering?

I have been using the Smbios.plist that MaLd0n has provided in his auto patcher thread

EDITED:

With the updated smbios.plist and freshly patched AICPUPM with speedstepper Lion GM:

MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 16 19 21 22 24 26 27 28 29

Thanks Jeff!!

Thanks I'll give it a try. I read in the 10.6.8 thread that "SMmanufacter" should be changed to "SMmanufacturer" in the smbios from OSX 10.6.8 and above without the quotes of course. Anywhere you find facter change it to facturer.

I am not sure if this really can make any difference or not but I know for a fact you have to have the correct "SMboardproduct" string or you could encounter issues with your Wireless. Maybe that is the problem littlepapapump is enountering?

I have been using the Smbios.plist that MaLd0n has provided in his auto patcher thread

EDITED:

With the updated smbios.plist and freshly patched AICPUPM with speedstepper Lion GM:

MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 16 19 21 22 24 26 27 28 29

Thanks Jeff!!

Anytime!! I tried SMmanufacturer and nothing changed..