[100% Working] ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

jamesst20

72 posts in this topic

Any of you guys with eMachines and HD5470 512MB experience gradient problems - like running less than 32 bit colors? I've injected the EDID so the resolution is fine, QE/CI, Display profiles says 32-bit, but something isn't right. I got this weird gradient problem that's messing up the whole thing.

If anyone have any suggestions, I'm all in for testing.

Also wake from sleep doesn't work, even with the DSDT stuff properly edited (Mald0n thanks!). I'm using Hoolock, 10.7 DP4 kexts.

Any of you guys with eMachines and HD5470 512MB experience gradient problems - like running less than 32 bit colors? I've injected the EDID so the resolution is fine, QE/CI, Display profiles says 32-bit, but something isn't right. I got this weird gradient problem that's messing up the whole thing.

Also wake from sleep doesn't work, even with the DSDT stuff properly edited (Mald0n thanks!). I'm using Hoolock, 10.7 DP4 kexts.

For me all works fine except wake from sleep. I'm using 10.7.2 11C37 actually.

hi,

I have eMachines with ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470. I followed the above tutorial, it didn't work. Then I did EDID override as my Lion wasn't recognizing EDID. After that I boot with AtiConfig=Eulemur. Voila! it recognized my card and then I was having 1366 x 768 resolution. Though I didn't tested QE/CI but for me it was ok. Then I began working on sound by messing with AppleHDA (if I remember correctly) then restarted ooopps... it was back with 1024x768 resolution with no graphics card recognition. I tried a lot but couldn't do it.

Then, I reinstalled Lion using Chameleon 2 RC5 r753, did EDID override and now I am getting 1366x768 resolution but still it is not loading my graphics card kext.

Display:

Type:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	4 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x68e0
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1366 x 768
 Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes

Previously with another Chameleon, it was using only 3 MB of VRAM, now it is 4 MB. I know it works but I am just missing something. I would highly appreciate your help in this. I have my sound and wifi working but not Ethernet. My trackpad isn't working so is using a usb mouse but keyboard is working.

Why not we create a separate thread for eMachines owner?

For me all works fine except wake from sleep. I'm using 10.7.2 11C37 actually.

hi,

Which version of Chameleon are you using?

hi,

I have eMachines with ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470. I followed the above tutorial, it didn't work...

Rakusson Hi,

I don't have an eMachines notebook, mine is ASUS X52J, I was just looking for someone with similar problems (gradient and colors). icon11.gifPM sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I noticed some of you have got osx working on emachines e730g, I'm really new to creating hackintosh, so it's pretty hard for me to keep up with all the lingo and tools etc...

Is there any way one of you can post a short guide or a kext pack or anything so that I can get this working with osx lion? Rly appreciate any help, I have been waiting for somebody with a similar laptop to me to post for a long time ^^. I'm so happy that its the same laptop that you guys are using. :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...
Attached below is my patched ATI5000Controller.kext (Lion GM version 64bit) for HD5470 Mobility, it can be used with notebook having 3 display output ports: internal LVDS, HDMI & VGA. Please add the following to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Eulemur</string>

and use "-f -v" for the first reboot

It may not works for you because senseid of each port maybe different even for card with the same module, if it doesn't works, you need to dump your video BIOS and correct the senseid byte as shown below:

Personality of my patched framebuff appled to "Eulemur" as below:

0000000 02 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 09 01 00 00 12 01 00 04

0000010 00 08 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 20 00 01 01

0000020 10 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 02 08

If your video card match the following BIOS decode, it should use this patched kext without any modification:

PCI ID: 1002:68e0

Connector at index 0

Type [@offset 45058]: LVDS (7)

Encoder [@offset 45062]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)

i2cid [@offset 45132]: 0x93, OSX senseid: 0x4

Connector at index 1

Type [@offset 45068]: HDMI-A (11)

Encoder [@offset 45072]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)

i2cid [@offset 45155]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

Connector at index 2

Type [@offset 45078]: VGA (1)

Encoder [@offset 45082]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)

i2cid [@offset 45182]: 0x97, OSX senseid: 0x8

HD5470_ATI5000Controller.kext.tar

thank you,i used your kext + internal forced edid it worked perfectly

hp g62 b55se

• 2 months later...

can someone help me patch ATI5000Controller

this is my sensed:

ATOM BIOS Rom:

SubsystemVendorID: 0x104d SubsystemID: 0x9071

IOBaseAddress: 0xd000

Filename: BR37075.003

BIOS Bootup Message:

Sony M980 PARK M2 XT DDR3 128Mx16 1024MB

PCI ID: 1002:68e0

Connector at index 0

Type [@offset 45520]: LVDS (7)

Encoder [@offset 45524]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)

Connector at index 1

Type [@offset 45530]: HDMI-A (11)

Encoder [@offset 45534]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)

i2cid [@offset 45613]: 0x93, OSX senseid: 0x4

Connector at index 2

Type [@offset 45540]: VGA (1)

Encoder [@offset 45544]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)

i2cid [@offset 45640]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

very much appreciated for a help...

• 4 weeks later...

Well like they said,

if you are using Lion,

adding this to com.apple.boot.plist (Or org.chameleon.boot.plist) :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Hoolock</string>

Does enable full acceleration + QE/CI + translucent bar ..... :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, i have a Notebook PC with switchable graphics: HD5470M and a Intel HD Graphics! Do you know how to activate the HD5470M? There's no settings in BIOS to boot with dedicated video card.

P.S.:I have already injected my EDID.

Thanks in advance,

-giofrida

1. At boot Lion loads Ati5000Controller, AtiSupport and AtiRadeonX3000.

2. In org.chameleon.boot.plist:

• <string>Aticonfig</string>
  • <key>Hoolock</key>
  • <string>GraphicsEnabler</string>
  • <key>Yes</key>

3. Screen already injected (EDID).

However Lion boots with Integrated Graphics and so the kexts loaded are useless.

Then, suggestions? :hammer:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sigh...will I have to edit the framebuffers and stuff? My card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512 MB version. And if so, how should I do that? These kexts don't do anything for me, but they do allow Chameleon to properly detect my graphics card, but OS X doesn't detect it.

• 1 month later...

Hey, does this works for the "i3 computers"?

I have

ATi 5470M, like you, but also intel hd1000... from my arrandale cpu!

In LION, it's only shows the arrandale graphics card (0046, i believe).

Will this work for me?

(HP DV6 3020EP)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I kinda figured it out: Most HP laptops will NOT work with this method because their BIOS does not let a card be disabled during boot. The only way to fix this is to change the Graphics Mode to Discrete in the BIOS, but most HP laptops have this missing. Some people on Bios-Mods.com have tried modding their BIOS for discrete graphics, but using it has caused bricked laptops.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I tried this and it works. But the only thing i am not getting at all is that whenever i use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, my laptop's diplay goes black/blank and shows nothing.

i somehow managed to capture the screenshot from the TightVNC acessing from the other pc.

In the Screenshot u'll see that it is recognized by the system, and also the graphics memory but there's no Display shown in the System profiler.

Please tell me what should i do to make the laptop screen working.