• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

ankh_red

ankh_red

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hi, I solved my problems, now its working but in ioreg it always show connector type vga and the flags are not correct. I patched ati5000controller but it shows wrong values. The most annoying problem is sleep. I don't get image on wake up.

Any help ?

try to use my kexts.

samsonluk

samsonluk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Hi, I solved my problems, now its working but in ioreg it always show connector type vga and the flags are not correct. I patched ati5000controller but it shows wrong values. The most annoying problem is sleep. I don't get image on wake up.

Any help ?

How you solve your initial problem? You shouldn't need injector or add device ID in ATI5000controller.kext for HD5470 to works.

nami

nami

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

How you solve your initial problem? You shouldn't need injector or add device ID in ATI5000controller.kext for HD5470 to works.

I used a more recent version of chameleon r1229 and i had to override de EDID otherwise the screen stays white. I didn't inject de device ID.

mac-fish

mac-fish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Toshiba C660-1H6 here. Using this kext i can get QE/CI + VGA working using Hoolock FB settings. The LVDS backlight is on and the screen actually flickers for a second when the driver loads, but i can't get it to work whatsoever.

I've tried:
- EDID injection
- FB personality editing (dumped BIOS via everest, DOS, Windows, and OS X tools didnt work)
here's the BIOS decode:
ATOM BIOS Rom: 
	SubsystemVendorID: 0x1179 SubsystemID: 0xfd3c
	IOBaseAddress: 0x5000
	Filename: BR039924.001
	BIOS Bootup Message: 
Toshiba NALAA PARK XT M2 DDR3 64Mx16 512MB/1GB							  

PCI ID: 1002:68e0
Connector at index 0
	Type [@offset 45210]: LVDS (7)
	Encoder [@offset 45214]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
	i2cid [@offset 45266]: 0x96, OSX senseid: 0x7
Connector at index 1
	Type [@offset 45220]: VGA (1)
	Encoder [@offset 45224]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
	i2cid [@offset 45289]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

i don't have the edited personality here right now, will edit. (what transmitter / encoder ID should i use? i just went for the first one from a list of hardcoded ones someone posted)

i edited the Galago framebuffer personality, as it has 2 ports;
0020 0000 0040 0000 0901 0000 2103 0007
0004 0000 0406 0000 0073 0000 1102 0101 (default)

however the result stays the same, VGA working, LVDS not working. i can as well mess up the VGA section as bad as possible (completely random numbers) but VGA still works, which makes me think i am doing something wrong. but thats the reason i am posting this anyway :)
- other FBs (some output onto only the VGA, most just give blackscreen)
- BIOS settings (i could only find an option to set the bootup screen setting, didn't work)

would be glad if someone was able to help :P

scousi

scousi

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Toshiba C660-1H6 here. Using this kext i can get QE/CI + VGA working using Hoolock FB settings. The LVDS backlight is on and the screen actually flickers for a second when the driver loads, but i can't get it to work whatsoever.

I've tried:
- EDID injection
- FB personality editing (dumped BIOS via everest, DOS, Windows, and OS X tools didnt work)
here's the BIOS decode:

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
	SubsystemVendorID: 0x1179 SubsystemID: 0xfd3c
	IOBaseAddress: 0x5000
	Filename: BR039924.001
	BIOS Bootup Message: 
Toshiba NALAA PARK XT M2 DDR3 64Mx16 512MB/1GB							  

Connector at index 0
	Type [@offset 45210]: LVDS (7)
	Encoder [@offset 45214]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
	i2cid [@offset 45266]: 0x96, OSX senseid: 0x7
Connector at index 1
	Type [@offset 45220]: VGA (1)
	Encoder [@offset 45224]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
	i2cid [@offset 45289]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

i don't have the edited personality here right now, will edit. (what transmitter / encoder ID should i use? i just went for the first one from a list of hardcoded ones someone posted)

i edited the Galago framebuffer personality, as it has 2 ports;
0020 0000 0040 0000 0901 0000 2103 0007
0004 0000 0406 0000 0073 0000 1102 0101 (default)

however the result stays the same, VGA working, LVDS not working. i can as well mess up the VGA section as bad as possible (completely random numbers) but VGA still works, which makes me think i am doing something wrong. but thats the reason i am posting this anyway :D
- other FBs (some output onto only the VGA, most just give blackscreen)
- BIOS settings (i could only find an option to set the bootup screen setting, didn't work)

would be glad if someone was able to help :)

You seem to have the same personality as mine. I get the same problem. I can get QE/CI working on a connected external VGA. LVDS laptop screen is dark but backlight is on. Without the VGA, I have the same effect on the laptop screen. What I have observerd:

1) Without VGA, LVDS laptop screen is detected on port 1 event though the bios decode shows port 0 for LVDS.
2) With VGA, the VGA monitor is seen as "CRT" on the same port 1

So it seems that they are operating in mirror mode. I've tried various FB and patching with the same negative results. The natural FB dectection seem to be Eulemur in my case.

I too have the SenseId=7 for port 0 LVDS but like I said, the detection seems to happen on port 1. I alos tried patching port 1 as LVDS with no results.

mac-fish

mac-fish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

You seem to have the same personality as mine. I get the same problem. I can get QE/CI working on a connected external VGA. LVDS laptop screen is dark but backlight is on. Without the VGA, I have the same effect on the laptop screen. What I have observerd:

1) Without VGA, LVDS laptop screen is detected on port 1 event though the bios decode shows port 0 for LVDS.
2) With VGA, the VGA monitor is seen as "CRT" on the same port 1

So it seems that they are operating in mirror mode. I've tried various FB and patching with the same negative results. The natural FB dectection seem to be Eulemur in my case.

I too have the SenseId=7 for port 0 LVDS but like I said, the detection seems to happen on port 1. I alos tried patching port 1 as LVDS with no results.

try removing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E, i heard that interferes with LVDS screen. however my LVDS is not recognized at all, and also when i modify the FB personality, the screen stays black and undetected. I'm just doing personality editing wrong, so i was hoping for someone being able to do that for me ;)

Mietas

Mietas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I'm used AtiConfig=RadeonFramebuffer, system booted well, all ports will be detected, but... LVDS screen just not works, VGA and HDMI works OK. LVDS stay black without backlight. Any hints for me? :)

rakusson

rakusson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Hi all !! Finally got working the ATI Radeon HD Mobility 5470 !

It's working with Snow Leopard and Lion !

Instruction and download are HERE

This is a proof :
Posted Image

Good Luck all !

I did tried using this tutorial but didn't work for me. I have ATI Radeon HD5470 with 512 MB. What I did was :
1. I used the same version of chameleon.
2. I copied all those kexts to Extension folder of my USB installer disc but didn't wrote anything in com.apple.boot.plist
3. Actually, I tried it once but I got gargled screen (pic posted down) when it begun installing so removed it.
4. when I installed Lion. I have only one resolution of 1280 x 768 and the system allocated only 3 mb memory.
5. Then I made a folder Extra of my installed partition of Lion and copied that com.apple.Boot.plist file with those lines.
6. when i reboot the computer, i could not even log in due to gargled graphics (see photo).

what went wrong here?

when I boot, i can see a message saying "ATI5000Controller.kext might not load: kextd is currently unavailable.

any help plz

Attached Files

Mietas

Mietas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
You must have 10.7 Lion with vanilla kexts. It's eMachines E730G ? :wallbash:
Install 10.7 Lion, inject EDID, change resolution using VNC and voila - it's working. Framebuffer Hoolock. At this time not working is HDMI and VGA - I working on it.

rakusson

rakusson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

You must have 10.7 Lion with vanilla kexts. It's eMachines E730G ? :D
Install 10.7 Lion, inject EDID, change resolution using VNC and voila - it's working. Framebuffer Hoolock. At this time not working is HDMI and VGA - I working on it.

hi, Nice to find someone with eMachines E730G!!! now, we have common system so we can share a lot. btw, I was using kexts that I found using google. Can you give me link to those Vanilla kexts or can u upload somewhere and send me link? yes, I read a post about EDID injection. I will try that one.

rents

rents

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Any of you guys with eMachines and HD5470 512MB experience gradient problems - like running less than 32 bit colors? I've injected the EDID so the resolution is fine, QE/CI, Display profiles says 32-bit, but something isn't right. I got this weird gradient problem that's messing up the whole thing.

If anyone have any suggestions, I'm all in for testing.

Also wake from sleep doesn't work, even with the DSDT stuff properly edited (Mald0n thanks!). I'm using Hoolock, 10.7 DP4 kexts.

Mietas

Mietas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Any of you guys with eMachines and HD5470 512MB experience gradient problems - like running less than 32 bit colors? I've injected the EDID so the resolution is fine, QE/CI, Display profiles says 32-bit, but something isn't right. I got this weird gradient problem that's messing up the whole thing.

Also wake from sleep doesn't work, even with the DSDT stuff properly edited (Mald0n thanks!). I'm using Hoolock, 10.7 DP4 kexts.

For me all works fine except wake from sleep. I'm using 10.7.2 11C37 actually.

rakusson

rakusson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

hi,
I have eMachines with ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470. I followed the above tutorial, it didn't work. Then I did EDID override as my Lion wasn't recognizing EDID. After that I boot with AtiConfig=Eulemur. Voila! it recognized my card and then I was having 1366 x 768 resolution. Though I didn't tested QE/CI but for me it was ok. Then I began working on sound by messing with AppleHDA (if I remember correctly) then restarted ooopps... it was back with 1024x768 resolution with no graphics card recognition. I tried a lot but couldn't do it.

Then, I reinstalled Lion using Chameleon 2 RC5 r753, did EDID override and now I am getting 1366x768 resolution but still it is not loading my graphics card kext.
Display:

Type:	GPU
  Bus:	PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:	x16
  VRAM (Total):	4 MB
  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:	0x68e0
  Revision ID:	0x0000
  Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:	1366 x 768
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
Previously with another Chameleon, it was using only 3 MB of VRAM, now it is 4 MB. I know it works but I am just missing something. I would highly appreciate your help in this. I have my sound and wifi working but not Ethernet. My trackpad isn't working so is using a usb mouse but keyboard is working.

Why not we create a separate thread for eMachines owner?

For me all works fine except wake from sleep. I'm using 10.7.2 11C37 actually.

hi,
Which version of Chameleon are you using?

rents

rents

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

hi,
I have eMachines with ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470. I followed the above tutorial, it didn't work...

Rakusson Hi,

I don't have an eMachines notebook, mine is ASUS X52J, I was just looking for someone with similar problems (gradient and colors). Posted ImagePM sent.

iHackintosh_PT

iHackintosh_PT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi Sangx,can you tell me please,what model of vaio do you have and what resolution ??? thanks in advance.

ijij

ijij

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys, I noticed some of you have got osx working on emachines e730g, I'm really new to creating hackintosh, so it's pretty hard for me to keep up with all the lingo and tools etc...
Is there any way one of you can post a short guide or a kext pack or anything so that I can get this working with osx lion? Rly appreciate any help, I have been waiting for somebody with a similar laptop to me to post for a long time ^^. I'm so happy that its the same laptop that you guys are using. :thumbsup_anim:

Zodz

Zodz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Attached below is my patched ATI5000Controller.kext (Lion GM version 64bit) for HD5470 Mobility, it can be used with notebook having 3 display output ports: internal LVDS, HDMI & VGA. Please add the following to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>

and use "-f -v" for the first reboot

It may not works for you because senseid of each port maybe different even for card with the same module, if it doesn't works, you need to dump your video BIOS and correct the senseid byte as shown below:

Personality of my patched framebuff appled to "Eulemur" as below:
0000000 02 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 09 01 00 00 12 01 00 04
0000010 00 08 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 20 00 01 01
0000020 10 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 02 08

If your video card match the following BIOS decode, it should use this patched kext without any modification:
Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 45058]: LVDS (7)
Encoder [@offset 45062]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
i2cid [@offset 45132]: 0x93, OSX senseid: 0x4
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 45068]: HDMI-A (11)
Encoder [@offset 45072]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)
i2cid [@offset 45155]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
Connector at index 2
Type [@offset 45078]: VGA (1)
Encoder [@offset 45082]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 45182]: 0x97, OSX senseid: 0x8

thank you,i used your kext + internal forced edid it worked perfectly
hp g62 b55se

acervx

acervx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
can someone help me patch ATI5000Controller
this is my sensed:

ATOM BIOS Rom:
SubsystemVendorID: 0x104d SubsystemID: 0x9071
IOBaseAddress: 0xd000
Filename: BR37075.003
BIOS Bootup Message:
Sony M980 PARK M2 XT DDR3 128Mx16 1024MB

Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 45520]: LVDS (7)
Encoder [@offset 45524]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 45530]: HDMI-A (11)
Encoder [@offset 45534]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)
i2cid [@offset 45613]: 0x93, OSX senseid: 0x4
Connector at index 2
Type [@offset 45540]: VGA (1)
Encoder [@offset 45544]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 45640]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

very much appreciated for a help...

jamesst20

jamesst20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Well like they said,

if you are using Lion,

adding this to com.apple.boot.plist (Or org.chameleon.boot.plist) :

[codebox]<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Hoolock</string>[/codebox]

Does enable full acceleration + QE/CI + translucent bar ..... :)

iHackintosh_PT

iHackintosh_PT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
YES...ON EXTERNAL DISPLAYS.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy