P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

rkrueger

rkrueger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
P8P67 Pro, non rev3 (BIOS 2103 x64)
i5-2500k stock speed
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
XFX Radeon HD 5850
External usb hub
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB

To be clear what I've done here. Is that I've got my machine up and running on OS X 10.7.3. I did this by using ##### 1.1, then using multiboot defaults. I can boot from the HD now, but the other things like speedstep, audio, bluetooth, etc. are obviously not working. I run your P8P67 Pro package, reboot, and I get stuck during boot now.

after the screenshot, it just keeps saying "still waiting for root device" over and over

xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

Keepin' forum peace

• Retired
  • 389 posts
  • Interests:Technology
See if you can boot in safe mode -x

rkrueger

rkrueger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

See if you can boot in safe mode -x

Same as normal boot, see apple loading screen, after a couple minutes of the spinning wheel, I get the crossed out circle

**correction**

I get the spinning wheel endlessly. No crossed out circle/

I booted again using -v -x, and I can see where it's hanging this time.

The last line is :
USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): etc.......

It just sits there after that.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

P8P67 Pro, non rev3 (BIOS 2103 x64)
i5-2500k stock speed
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
XFX Radeon HD 5850
External usb hub
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB

To be clear what I've done here. Is that I've got my machine up and running on OS X 10.7.3. I did this by using ##### 1.1, then using multiboot defaults. I can boot from the HD now, but the other things like speedstep, audio, bluetooth, etc. are obviously not working. I run your P8P67 Pro package, reboot, and I get stuck during boot now.

after the screenshot, it just keeps saying "still waiting for root device" over and over

Dont take this the wrong way but if you use ##### and ignore my guide I can't really help you - I can only comment on what I know works.

rkrueger

rkrueger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Dont take this the wrong way but if you use ##### and ignore my guide I can't really help you - I can only comment on what I know works.

I don't take it the wrong way. I followed your guide and only got a blank screen and blinking cursor :)
I got all the way working trying the ##### way, just missing the features that your package fixes, but that kills that boot after I run it. *shrug*

Thanks anyway.

I'm willing to work/troubleshoot this more with some guidance, but if you'd rather not spend any more time on it, I understand.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

I don't take it the wrong way. I followed your guide and only got a blank screen and blinking cursor :)
I got all the way working trying the ##### way, just missing the features that your package fixes, but that kills that boot after I run it. *shrug*

Thanks anyway.

I'm willing to work/troubleshoot this more with some guidance, but if you'd rather not spend any more time on it, I understand.

Try showing hidden files, copy the boot file that ##### installs somewhere safe (along with the boot.Plist) install the package and then copy the files back to see if that makes any difference. Also did you try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes ?

BlizzofOZ

BlizzofOZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have the P8P67 Deluxe and used the P8P67 pkg... when trying step #18: Run the andyboot5 package relevant to your motherboard, I get the following error:

The operation couldn't be completed (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
Couldn't open "P8P67Installer.pkg"

Not sure what info will be relevant here to give... Some have stated using the P8P67 pkg for the Deluxe or do I have to use the Pro?
Any help would be apprecieted!

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

I have the P8P67 Deluxe and used the P8P67 pkg... when trying step #18: Run the andyboot5 package relevant to your motherboard, I get the following error:

The operation couldn't be completed (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
Couldn't open "P8P67Installer.pkg"

Not sure what info will be relevant here to give... Some have stated using the P8P67 pkg for the Deluxe or do I have to use the Pro?
Any help would be apprecieted!

Sounds more like you need to download the package again.

dysfunction

dysfunction

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Does the P8P67 Deluxe work with 10.7.3 with speed stepping and sleep etc.?
Got a sabertooth P67 now and i can't get my sleep working again, thinking of buying a P8P67 Deluxe because there is more dsdt edit for this mobo.

What do you guys think?

peebee01

peebee01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Wow.... got my energy bill over 2011 and seems not having sleep/wakeup on my P8P67 working properly is going to cost me dearly.....
Time to look into getting this setup.

@Dysfunction: I personally never got sleep (or actually I should say wakeup) never working until now trying different DSDT and BIOS settings so I dont think it is this easy.

So if somebody does have sleep / wakeup working with this board, any pointers on how to get it working would be more than welcome.

Thanks

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Wow.... got my energy bill over 2011 and seems not having sleep/wakeup on my P8P67 working properly is going to cost me dearly.....
Time to look into getting this setup.

@Dysfunction: I personally never got sleep (or actually I should say wakeup) never working until now trying different DSDT and BIOS settings so I dont think it is this easy.

So if somebody does have sleep / wakeup working with this board, any pointers on how to get it working would be more than welcome.

Thanks

Unless you use either a modified bios or speedstepper with a correctly prepared dsdt then sleep and speed stepping will NOT work. I use a modified bios on both of my P8P67 Pro boards and it works perfectly on one (orignal revision of the board) and not on the other (revision 3.1).
Note that it could well be my gpu in the revision 3.1 board thats stopping it from working as its an AMD HD6970 (the other board is using a pair of 6870's).

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
P8H67-M PRO 3.0
INTEL I5-2400
GEFORCE GTS 450

I have installed Lion with ##### and #####.
Audio and video works.
USB 3.0/Sleep not working.

Can I use this installer as stated on the first page? Or do I need another installer/dsdt/kexts?
I want sleep to work. USB 3.0 doesn't mind. ;)

Thanks!

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

P8H67-M PRO 3.0
INTEL I5-2400
GEFORCE GTS 450

I have installed Lion with ##### and #####.
Audio and video works.
USB 3.0/Sleep not working.

Can I use this installer as stated on the first page? Or do I need another installer/dsdt/kexts?
I want sleep to work. USB 3.0 doesn't mind. ;)

Thanks!

You need the correct dsdt for your board

peebee01

peebee01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hi Andy,

I've modified my BIOS to avoid the speedstepper patch. I've got a P8P67 (non pro) B3 board (not the later 3.1) with a Radeon HD5500 video card.
The issue I have is that my hackintosh goes to sleep, but doesnt wake up.
I'm using a DSDT but I have to admit I downloaded from this thread but that didnt work for me.

What would be the best way to get this to work? Build a DSDT myself and learn how to patch it?

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Hi Andy,

I've modified my BIOS to avoid the speedstepper patch. I've got a P8P67 (non pro) B3 board (not the later 3.1) with a Radeon HD5500 video card.
The issue I have is that my hackintosh goes to sleep, but doesnt wake up.
I'm using a DSDT but I have to admit I downloaded from this thread but that didnt work for me.

What would be the best way to get this to work? Build a DSDT myself and learn how to patch it?

Thats always the best way to do it because you will know exactly what edits you have made - I must confess manual dsdt edits are a little beyond me so I rely on others for that (I can edit the file but knowing what to edit or why may as well be a black art or voodoo to me lol)

peebee01

peebee01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Thats always the best way to do it because you will know exactly what edits you have made - I must confess manual dsdt edits are a little beyond me so I rely on others for that (I can edit the file but knowing what to edit or why may as well be a black art or voodoo to me lol)

any ideas which edits got your sleep / wakeup working?
would you mind posting your DSDT as the boards arent that different

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
This helpful for sleep problems? http://thread.gmane....405/focus=51407
This fix seems to work in Linux.

Can somebody please help me with a DSDT for my MB? P8H67-M Pro 3.0

Thanks!

BlizzofOZ

BlizzofOZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Sounds more like you need to download the package again.

Yeah... well... I unzipped it and didn't realized I attempting to install a folder rather than the acutal package. The folder also had a .pkg name on it. Doh!
Hand me my stupid sign...

Ok, next problem:
After doing step #18, I go into the bios and select the usb stick to boot on and it won't boot. Eitehr in EZ select it and reboot and just goes to black screen and no boot into usb. Or in advanced, select in boot list, just goes to black screen and then right back in the bios setting screens.
The usb icon is labelled as UEFI...

Any ideas?

BlizzofOZ

BlizzofOZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Yeah... well... I unzipped it and didn't realized I attempting to install a folder rather than the acutal package. The folder also had a .pkg name on it. Doh!
Hand me my stupid sign...

Ok, next problem:
After doing step #18, I go into the bios and select the usb stick to boot on and it won't boot. Eitehr in EZ select it and reboot and just goes to black screen and no boot into usb. Or in advanced, select in boot list, just goes to black screen and then right back in the bios setting screens.
The usb icon is labelled as UEFI...

Any ideas?

Ok, got past my issue and installed Chameleon on my usb.
I have a totally seperate drive which has Lion 10.7.2 on it... I did that before finding your P8P67 specific how to.
When I boot from usb, I come to a screen with two icons showing (I believe) the usb and the other Lion 10.7.2.
Selecting the usb, I get the apple and the circle going around and around... it just sits there.
Selecting 10.7.2, it comes up... but I can tell the resolution is better.

So, I don't thing I've installed anything and again, it just sits at the apple with circle going around.
Hopefully someone can offer some suggestions and I'll keep digging thru the whole thread.

dysfunction

dysfunction

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Unless you use either a modified bios or speedstepper with a correctly prepared dsdt then sleep and speed stepping will NOT work. I use a modified bios on both of my P8P67 Pro boards and it works perfectly on one (orignal revision of the board) and not on the other (revision 3.1).
Note that it could well be my gpu in the revision 3.1 board thats stopping it from working as its an AMD HD6970 (the other board is using a pair of 6870's).

So what you're saying andy is that if i get a p8p67, i'm still not sure if i can get sleep working?
I dont really know how to edit the dsdt and i dont know if it's possible to find a modified bios for a new p8p67?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy