[GUIDE] Lion Retail & Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

177 posts in this topic

Hello Rega Thank you so much for helping. Really appreciate it.

I have a Palit nVidia GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB

I cannot seem to get the video card to worlk.

Any ideas?

Thanks

you have installed the drivers with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

You're awesome Ragae! I haven't been with the OSX86 community in three years, Tiger days, and it's astonishing how simple it is to get this to work these days! I am in the middle of installing SL right now. I will post my specs when it's done. Again thank you for your contribution!

Ok the hackintosh is up and running. Only one thing needs to be fixed and that is the video. My Video care is a EVGA NVidia GTX 460 any kext working for that? (Update: I have been searching the forum and tried a couple solutions and still no luck).

Thanks,

Danny

(sorry for my bad English)

I hope my post will help someone who has the same trouble with unwanted poweron on P8P67 rev.3.1 mobos.

I've had some strange behavior on two computers equipped by P8P67 B3 rev.3.1. On P8P67 B3 rev.3.0 I've used LaCie USB3.0 driver (PXHCD.kext), and all worked fine. Rev.3.1 mobo has usb3-hardware differences with P8P67 B3 rev.3.0, and because of this PXHCD.kext prevents system from clean shutdown and makes system do hard reset instead. Also this kext prevents system from normal sleep (first attempt makes system sleep but after 2-3 secs computer wakes up, and only second attempt makes system normal sleep). So, by removing this kext I've resolve all of this problems.

P.S. Yes, USB3.0 slots stops working :unsure: But I think such devices isnt necessary for 98% of users and we can turn off USB3 without regret. :)

P.P.S. It's all about Snow Leopard.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to install on ASUS P8P67 EVO.

I assume the DVDRW (ASUS DRW-24B3ST) drivers are not on the boot CD because Chameleon Bootloader will not load and I get error : MSCD001.

If I change the boot device to my USB Sony DVDRW (DVD RW DRU-700A VY04) then Chameleon Bootloader loads (all DOS) with the final command prompt: [DR-D05] A:\>

This is as far as I can get.

I have restored BIOS to default settings, and SATA is indeed AHCI.

What do I need to do???

Trying to install on ASUS P8P67 EVO.

I assume the DVDRW (ASUS DRW-24B3ST) drivers are not on the boot CD because Chameleon Bootloader will not load and I get error : MSCD001.

If I change the boot device to my USB Sony DVDRW (DVD RW DRU-700A VY04) then Chameleon Bootloader loads (all DOS) with the final command prompt: [DR-D05] A:\>

This is as far as I can get.

I have restored BIOS to default settings, and SATA is indeed AHCI.

What do I need to do???

have you tried to install it from ubs pen?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Regae!

I have used your guide for installing OS X Lion on P8P67 MB

Your Guide is great! It works fine, thanks!

I have two questions: How can I do to boot the USB drive without? And how can I use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"?

Thanks!

And how can I use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"?

When I boot manually with flag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", i have got black screen, but my computer continues to working.

And I have in "Graphics" on System Report - ATI Radeon HD 6XXX 1024MB

What I did not properly?

Help me, please, if this possible!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to everybody and happy new year!

I have some problem with SL 10.6.8 in particular regarding graphic card or MB.

My main HW is ASUS P8P67 DELUXE 3.0 and AMD Sapphire 6950 2GB.

At present SL start but I cannot change display resolution fixed at 1024x768. No Kext are loaded for the graphic card!!!

Since the combination of P8P67 Deluxe and ATI 6950 2Gb is quite common, could you help us to install the kext properly?

Do you know if the 6970 2Gb is supported better (less problem)?

I have also tryed to install Lion 10.7.2 but after the succefull installation procedure, when the system reboot it remain with the gray screen, and the setup OS procedure dosn't start (but it seems the graphic card works because the resolution of the arrow is high). Could you help me also on this open point?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

asus_logo.png

Hi Regae, all ok? Some news from Lion?

Help....

Help ... I updated to 10.7.3 only sound is not working, any ideas??

solved ... [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] lion edition ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do everything, but on the last reboot, when it is without the regae boot cd, after installing everything,it reboot as normal but then i just get a black screen with "the cursor" blinking... is like, he dont find the chameleon or something... any idea please?

I have reinstalled 2 times now.

My sistem:

Asus p8p67 Deluxe

i7 2600k

16gb ram kingston

Ati hd6790 (dont have the driver for it yet also :S)

Edited by conisio

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Regae! But where are you? Where are you? When you show up? Missing guide for Mountain Lion!

FINGER IN THE INDO-OSX I FOUND AN AMAZING MOUNTAIN LION DISTRO! AND I HAVE INSTALLED ###### the kext THAT I DID ... ARE THE SEVENTH HEAVEN ...

• Like 1