Anyone installed DP4?

athena

79 posts in this topic

For your 8800GTS, did you try NVEnabler64? (Don't know if the GF7xxx /NVDAResman7xxx kexts are needed now)

Installed DP 4 now, using my DSDT from DP 3, had deleted AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext ind DP 3, i think that was the reason for sleep not working, left it in S/L/E now in DP 4 and sleep now works too.

Hi folks,

I try to install dp4 or dp3.

I can boot on my usb stick but after select language installation it only allows me to restore via timemachine. I can't make a fresh install.

If someone can help me.

You need to prepare the Packages directory, search on the forum, there is many tutorials for that.

What I had to do was boot from a 10.1.0 CD-ROM, Repair Disk using Disk Utilities and re-installed Lion DP4. Viola!

This of course was on a MBP 13" though.

it's a totaly faild xD i don't know why but i got an error 3min after the begining

I have successful results. It boots from USB, all I had to do is replace all the ATI kexts from Base System with older ones from DP3. No more white background with beach ball.

Let's see what happens.

Here is a little guide on how I got it working:

1. Get the dmg from the usual sources.

2. Mount the dmg

3. Show all hidden files in Finder (this can be done with an app, search on google "show files" or here on insanelymac)

4. Mount BaseSystem

5. Go to Disk Utility

6. Partition your 8 gb USB drive with GPT partition table, one partition

7. Restore BaseSystem.dmg on your USB drive

8. Copy mach_kernel from Lion DMG to root of USB

9. Copy from the parent dmg the Packages folder over USB drive /System/Installation/ (you should delete the alias/shortcut there)

10. Install to your USB drive Chameleon, your working Extra folder and dsdt.aml file

12. Install FakeSMC in USB drive /System/Library/Extensions (using Kext Wizard)

13. Reboot and Install wait for the installer to finish

14. Boot in Snow Leopard and install Chameleon, the Extra folder and dsdt.aml to your Lion partition

15. Boot in Lion and enjoy.

I was inspired by this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

and credits go to MaLd0n

Please note that I used a spare hard drive partitioned with GPT.

The sistem works except there are some glitches when going to GUI, there are sound issues with ALC889a and sleep does not work at all and also resets CMOS.

Otherwise the system feels more solid and it is more polished.

With this build Apple droped the intro video, they also droped the legacy wallpapers.

Hope you will find this usefull,

Cheers

thx for info. Work on my system!

i installed DP4, everything works perfectly, except webcam. And menu bar isn't transparent, and there is no option to make it.

My config:

MB: MSI P6N SLI

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33

2GB RAM

500 GB nForce SATA

Ehternet: nForce LAN

VoodooHDA

i installed DP4, everything works perfectly, except webcam. And menu bar isn't transparent, and there is no option to make it.

My config:

MB: MSI P6N SLI

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33

2GB RAM

500 GB nForce SATA

Ehternet: nForce LAN

VoodooHDA

I installed it too,

Core 2 Duo and Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C, LGA 775 DDR MB.

With Chameleon RC5. Lion DP4.

EVERYTHING works.

Sound (Griffin USB)

Wireless (Broadcom internal WiFi Adapter)

EXCEPT QE/CI

I am stuck with an god-awful 1024 x 768 resolution.

I have nVidia 8600 GT with 256MB memory.

GraphicsEnabler doesn't work,

NVEnabler64.kext doesn't work.

Help me to get QE/CI and a working Lion Install.

So close I can feel it!!

;)

Frishi

I have successful results. It boots from USB, all I had to do is replace all the ATI kexts from Base System with older ones from DP3. No more white background with beach ball.

Let's see what happens.

2. Mount the dmg

3. Show all hidden files in Finder (this can be done with an app, search on google "show files" or here on insanelymac)

4. Mount BaseSystem

5. Go to Disk Utility

9. Copy from the parent dmg the Packages folder over USB drive /System/Installation/ (you should delete the alias/shortcut there)

10. Install to your USB drive Chameleon, your working Extra folder and dsdt.aml file

14. Boot in Snow Leopard and install Chameleon, the Extra folder and dsdt.aml to your Lion partition

I was inspired by this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

and credits go to MaLd0n

The sistem works except there are some glitches when going to GUI, there are sound issues with ALC889a and sleep does not work at all and also resets CMOS.

With this build Apple droped the intro video, they also droped the legacy wallpapers.

Cheers

I used a modified (because I use a hard drive partition) version of this method.

The mod comes in at step 10: because I use a later (V2 revision 1005) version of Chameleon, I simply boot directly from it, as it boots my Snow partition, my Lion install partition (though it's on a separate drive), my Lion partition, and could theoretically even boot Windows (7 Ultimate x64). Both Snow and Lion partitions are GUI Partition Table (GPT), and are on the same Maxtor 6LS200 SATA HDD.

I copied over four kexts, all from /Extensions/Extra on my SL partition, to my Lion install partition:

EvOReboot.kext

FakeSMC.kext

ATI5000Injector.kext (graphics enabler for AMD HD54xx)

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Post-install, I need to add two kexts - lnx2mac's Realtek gigabit driver kext and VoodooHDA; however, that's it.

Let's see what happens.

2. Mount the dmg

4. Mount BaseSystem

5. Go to Disk Utility

and credits go to MaLd0n

Cheers

How did you make your ALC889a to work?

This method worked fine for me on both my machines, with a couple of small tweaks. First, I used MaLd0n's Terminal script to mount the BaseSystem.dmg and, second, I used his alternate OSInstall.mpkg file. I've used it both to upgrade an existing Snow Leoprad installation and for a clean install.

The only other thing I did differently (and I recommend it) was to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to do the post-installation steps, including using the appropriate DSDT file and using TonyMac's version of Chameleon (Chimera). Using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with a DSDT and Chimera can, btw, help overcome any Graphics, sound and ethernet issues.

One more important thing: For certain Gigabyte Boards (such as my X58A-UD3R), you must format the USB stick as MBR or it won't boot.

I installed it too,

Core 2 Duo and Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C, LGA 775 DDR MB.

With Chameleon RC5. Lion DP4.

EVERYTHING works.

Sound (Griffin USB)

Wireless (Broadcom internal WiFi Adapter)

EXCEPT QE/CI

I am stuck with an god-awful 1024 x 768 resolution.

I have nVidia 8600 GT with 256MB memory.

GraphicsEnabler doesn't work,

NVEnabler64.kext doesn't work.

Help me to get QE/CI and a working Lion Install.

So close I can feel it!!

:)

Frishi

I used Natit.kext to get all resolutions, but Lion still doesn't recognize all of it's memory.

Ok i used the HDEF Gigabyte and copied the DSDT to the extra file than used the ALC889a for Lion in S/L/E but still no sound. Did you made anything else?

Try [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and install the HDA Rollback kext. If that doesn't work, just install the VoodoHDA kext.

I used Natit.kext to get all resolutions, but Lion still doesn't recognize all of it's memory.

I tried that too, and Lion boots up and I get a garbled/corrupt display with black and white shapes. :)

Am I supposed to delete some kexts?

Or put natit.kext under Extra/Extensions?

Ok i used the HDEF Gigabyte and copied the DSDT to the extra file than used the ALC889a for Lion in S/L/E but still no sound. Did you made anything else?

You should read the instructions in ALC885_889a_Lion archive, you need to replace some xml files.

Did you do that step?

Actually I placed ALC885_889a.kext in /E/E

If you get problems with kext permission just use Kext Wizard from over here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253395

copy layout885.xml and Platforms.xml to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/

Command:
sudo cp /location/layout885.xml /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/
sudu cp /location/Platforms.xml /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/

sudo cp -R /location/ALC885_889a.kext /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/ALC885_889a.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALC885_889a.kext

Clear cache: (if not correct, please tell me.)
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

restart

May need to copy Platform.xml after each update.

I tried that too, and Lion boots up and I get a garbled/corrupt display with black and white shapes. ;)

I put natit.kext in System/Library/Extensions and then repaired permissions of that prtition.

I tried that too, and Lion boots up and I get a garbled/corrupt display with black and white shapes. :)

I put natit.kext in System/Library/Extensions and then repaired permissions of that prtition.

Just booted up DP4. It's awesome!

Supports full QE/CI on my crappy Radeon HD 4350 OOB (Recognized as ATI 4600)!! :) and boots up in 20 seconds time. Runs smoothly on 64Bit.

aboutmac.png

64bit.png

But I had to add Ethernet and Audio kexts to make them work. It doesn't support my PS/2 keyboard. Had to use a USB one instead. Besides, have anyone seen the glitchy screen before it dashes to the desktop? It displays some patches here and there then works normally

Just booted up DP4. It's awesome!

Supports full QE/CI on my crappy Radeon HD 4350 OOB (Recognized as ATI 4600)!! :) and boots up in 20 seconds time. Runs smoothly on 64Bit.

But I had to add Ethernet and Audio kexts to make them work. It doesn't support my PS/2 keyboard. Had to use a USB one instead. Besides, have anyone seen the glitchy screen before it dashes to the desktop? It displays some patches here and there then works normally

Be nice if everybody had a signature listing their hardware. Nothing personal @ Ordaz