Anyone installed DP4?

athena

79 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Currently running Lion DP3 with minimal issues at the moment, seems really fast and pretty stable at the moment, I now have a copy of the DP4 dmg, has anyone actually installed DP4 on their rig? Any issues?

Thanks in advance guys :(

Downloading it now, will try later!

Hi guys,

Currently running Lion DP3 with minimal issues at the moment, seems really fast and pretty stable at the moment, I now have a copy of the DP4 dmg, has anyone actually installed DP4 on their rig? Any issues?

Thanks in advance guys :(

Couldn't even get it to clean install..playing around with it now...

Nope, can't get it to install with the Chameleon methods at all.. update just installs to a partition, not really sure what to do next...

Nope, can't get it to install with the Chameleon methods at all.. update just installs to a partition, not really sure what to do next...

I managed to boot it successfully from USB. But when the UI loads I get a white background and spinning beach ball. I will try later with older BaseSystem image.

I have successful results. It boots from USB, all I had to do is replace all the ATI kexts from Base System with older ones from DP3. No more white background with beach ball.

Let's see what happens.

Here is a little guide on how I got it working:

1. Get the dmg from the usual sources.

2. Mount the dmg

3. Show all hidden files in Finder (this can be done with an app, search on google "show files" or here on insanelymac)

4. Mount BaseSystem

5. Go to Disk Utility

6. Partition your 8 gb USB drive with GPT partition table, one partition

7. Restore BaseSystem.dmg on your USB drive

8. Copy mach_kernel from Lion DMG to root of USB

9. Copy from the parent dmg the Packages folder over USB drive /System/Installation/ (you should delete the alias/shortcut there)

10. Install to your USB drive Chameleon, your working Extra folder and dsdt.aml file

12. Install FakeSMC in USB drive /System/Library/Extensions (using Kext Wizard)

13. Reboot and Install wait for the installer to finish

14. Boot in Snow Leopard and install Chameleon, the Extra folder and dsdt.aml to your Lion partition

15. Boot in Lion and enjoy.

I was inspired by this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

and credits go to MaLd0n

Please note that I used a spare hard drive partitioned with GPT.

The sistem works except there are some glitches when going to GUI, there are sound issues with ALC889a and sleep does not work at all and also resets CMOS.

Otherwise the system feels more solid and it is more polished.

With this build Apple droped the intro video, they also droped the legacy wallpapers.

Hope you will find this usefull,

Cheers

Had to add "Step 8: Copy mach_kernel from Lion DMG to root of USB"

Installed OK on Asus P8P67Pro i7. Had to add audio and Intel Ethernet drivers. Bluetooth not working yet but I'm sure its because Asus board "drops" Bluetooth after a reboot if its not activated so I am 95% certain the BT fix in other Asus posts will work. System seems to work fully except sleep right now.

Installed OK on Dell Latitude E6520 (SandyBridge) i7 but PS2 keyboard/trackpad, audio, wifi, and Ethernet not working (haven't tried to fix yet).

Had to add "Step 8: Copy mach_kernel from Lion DMG to root of USB"

Installed OK on Asus P8P67Pro i7. Had to add audio and Intel Ethernet drivers. Bluetooth not working yet but I'm sure its because Asus board "drops" Bluetooth after a reboot if its not activated so I am 95% certain the BT fix in other Asus posts will work. System seems to work fully except sleep right now.

Installed OK on Dell Latitude E6520 (SandyBridge) i7 but PS2 keyboard/trackpad, audio, wifi, and Ethernet not working (haven't tried to fix yet).

Yes, I don't know how that got deleted, I wrote that last night, maybe I was sleepy.

I have successful results. It boots from USB, all I had to do is replace all the ATI kexts from Base System with older ones from DP3. No more white background with beach ball.

Let's see what happens.

2. Mount the dmg

3. Show all hidden files in Finder (this can be done with an app, search on google "show files" or here on insanelymac)

4. Mount BaseSystem

5. Go to Disk Utility

9. Copy from the parent dmg the Packages folder over USB drive /System/Installation/ (you should delete the alias/shortcut there)

10. Install to your USB drive Chameleon, your working Extra folder and dsdt.aml file

14. Boot in Snow Leopard and install Chameleon, the Extra folder and dsdt.aml to your Lion partition

I was inspired by this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

and credits go to MaLd0n

The sistem works except there are some glitches when going to GUI, there are sound issues with ALC889a and sleep does not work at all and also resets CMOS.

With this build Apple droped the intro video, they also droped the legacy wallpapers.

Cheers

Step 6 causes me problems, if I partition to GPT and try and boot the installer it locks up. Gigabyte Ex58a-UD7, not sure how you booted GPT on USB with a gigabyte board..as this locks up the from bios.

Let's see what happens.

2. Mount the dmg

4. Mount BaseSystem

5. Go to Disk Utility

and credits go to MaLd0n

Cheers

I just downloaded the DP4.. inside the 3.4G .dmg there is no Basesystem.dmg there... (there is one in DP2)

Let's see what happens.

2. Mount the dmg

4. Mount BaseSystem

5. Go to Disk Utility

and credits go to MaLd0n

Cheers

I just downloaded the DP4.. inside the 3.4G .dmg there is no Basesystem.dmg there... (there is one in DP2)

Step 6 causes me problems, if I partition to GPT and try and boot the installer it locks up. Gigabyte Ex58a-UD7, not sure how you booted GPT on USB with a gigabyte board..as this locks up the from bios.

Same issue here. Will try other options as soon as possible.

Make sure you're showing all hidden system files.

From terminal, type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

To turn it off again, just type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

If that doesn't work and its definitely not on the root of the master DMG, the upload made be incomplete. The one I grabbed had it so at least some of them do.

Make sure you're showing all hidden system files.

From terminal, type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

To turn it off again, just type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

If that doesn't work and its definitely not on the root of the master DMG, the upload made be incomplete. The one I grabbed had it so at least some of them do.

yes. I found it .. many thanks

Installed DP4 from scratch with no problem at all...

Just made repacking on the same way I did for DP2:

Restored hidden Mac OS X Base System file on thumb drive, and after that copy/paste mach_kernel, boot.efi and kernelcache in to root, and Packages folder inside System/installation...

Copy Extra folder in root, and that's it...

It’s simple as that...

Post installation consider in my case restoring my Extra folder in root of Lion partition from Snow Leopard and installing AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E…

Hi, I installed OS X Lion DP4 on Optiplex 760

I follow the Mald0n guide and i add OSinstall.mpkg patched from Nawcom for MBR install

i use only these kexts:

fakesmc.kext

nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext

EliotForceLegacyRTC.kext -> this one to avoid CMOS reset

network : intel100e.kext patched for working with intel 825667

audio: VoodoHDA.kext

video : it works at 1280x1024 no kext QE/CI enable ( on DP2,3 no QE/CI) Intel GMA 4500

Best Regards

PippoX0