[SOLVED] ACPI kernel panic on GA-Q67M-D2H

80 posts in this topic

There's no DSDT file installed, i installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the dsdt free solution. It works extremely well. I'm using 10.6.8. But i think lion works as well. I only had to install network and audio kexts.

I¡ll research what the DSDT free solution really install, but I still think [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is the worst way to install OSX ;)

lol I agree with you, but since i look at this board as a temporary solution i didn't want to waste too much time on it. I need a board with more PCI slots. The jetway seems nice, but they're asking almost 300 euros for it here :/

I would love to know how to get Lion running with Pro Tools without kernel panic!

Try to remove (or rename to .bak) DigiDal.kext from S/L/E.

You have to restore it when you use the Digidesign HD cards, otherwise they will not be recognized.

This is my experience.

try imac11,1 smbios.plist or imac 12,1

i see u use macpro3,1

vood uses

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac12,2</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02F93FQQH2G</string>
</dict>
</plist>

ok, i will try that.

i feel like i'm soooo close!!

on the previous page you said that you went back and forth with your edited dsdt and one by madlon to fix the kernel panics.

in the end you did it.

were the kernel panics that you had with the digidesign digidal.kext? or with another thing just to do with getting os x to work?

ok, i will try that.

i feel like i'm soooo close!!

on the previous page you said that you went back and forth with your edited dsdt and one by madlon to fix the kernel panics.

in the end you did it.

were the kernel panics that you had with the digidesign digidal.kext? or with another thing just to do with getting os x to work?

Nope, they were unrelated. PT cards were even installed.

In my case i didn't needed to have the cards installed. Just installing PT on Lion would give me KPs, uninstalling it would make everything ok again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi fellas!

I've experienced some KP with the conflictive digidesign.digidal.kext on my system Lion 10.7.2 and PT 9.0.5

Tthis method even may be fix KP on some other rigs made on 10.6.7 systems with PT 9.x.x

The working solution for me was:

moving digidesign.digidal.kext outside S/L/E for backup

repair permissions and rebuild cache (I've made this with kext wizard)

restart

put digidesign.digidal.kext again into S/L/E

again repair permissions and rebuild cache

restart

Let me know if it work for you

My PT audio device is Apogee Duet Firewire. I don't know if this is valid solution for HD2 too

Next weekend I will try to build a DAW rig on GA-Q67M-D2H i7 2600 and PT HD2 PCI folowing this tread

so, may be need some help :unsure:

thank you all

cheers!

For me working solution was:

The working solution for me was:

moving digidesign.digidal.kext outside S/L/E for backup

repair permissions and rebuild cache (kext wizard is ok)

restart

put digidesign.digidal.kext again into S/L/E

again repair permissions and rebuild cache

restart

It seems that DigiDal.kext gives KP in cache but not in S/L/E and is necessary for PT when it starts with HD cards.

Errr...that solution sounds pretty absurd to me. I'm not telling is not working, but if it does it has no sense, since as soon as you put again the kext in s/l/e/ the kextcache will be rebuild automatically at next restart, and you get exactly the same kextcache as before doing all that process.

Anyway in case the kext fails only when loaded in the boot proccess from the kext cache, you could put it anywhere and just manually load it with "sudo kextload whatever.kext".

...may be the problem was a trouble with file permissions during PT instalation, it explain this simple (absurd) solution?, but belive me, this worked in at least 4 cases I tried on SL and Lion too

If that was the case, you'd get a warning about that as soon as the desktoip appears.

Perhaps the problem is that kext was loaded too soon (maybe needs some other kext which wasn't ready) or too late with the default installation, and once you rebuild the cache it gets loaded in its correct position.

If that was the case, you'd get a warning about that as soon as the desktoip appears. Perhaps the problem is that kext was loaded too soon (maybe needs some other kext which wasn't ready) or too late with the default installation, and once you rebuild de cache it gets loaded in its correct position.

sounds logical, and apologies if I write a bit silly, I'm fearless sound engineer and not an experienced programmer. Any way, I'm happy to hear if it's just a minor problem easy to solve

• 4 weeks later...
Later I patched the DSDT myself, but all I got were kernel panics at boot. I tried Madlon's patches but the panics stayed. Finally using the already patched DSDT by Madlon I was able to boot, but I was not happy with that solution. Comparing both his DSDT and mine, there were several different memory addresses (mine had 16 gb of ram), so I tried again using my dump with his patches.

I managed to boot 10.6.8 without DSDT at all, only by patching AICPUPM with speedstepper and having nothing but fakesmc in e/e with smbios set to macpro3,1. And i was surprised to see sleep working perfectly.

I managed to boot 10.6.8 without DSDT at all, only by patching AICPUPM with speedstepper and having nothing but fakesmc in e/e with smbios set to macpro3,1. And i was surprised to see sleep working perfectly.

The problem is that way you will have to repatch with every new system update. I prefer to have a system which always works without having to worry with updates.