[Guide] Dell XPS 15 L502X (Early 2011) Snow Leopard Install (possibly L702x too)

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
2974 replies to this topic

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Interests:Photography, design, beer.

That would be a dream come true! I would give everybody able to do that everything I can as an administrator.

Hey, i'm already working on it. I've developed a boot CD based on Enoch (need testers), and i started working yesterday on the packages :)

@burrows, i'm not sure, but i think it's not compatible with Lion? I'll try it later, until then, you have to follow pcwiz' instructions and manually do that.

@macky, i'm not sure but i remember reading somewhere that hackintoshes use more memory than real macs, the most obvious evidence, according to that article, would be the kernel_task memory alocation in Activity Monitor

You can free up memory writing "purge" in the terminal. You may need XCode installed, not sure.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,311 posts

Hey, i'm already working on it. I've developed a boot CD based on Enoch (need testers), and i started working yesterday on the packages :)

Absolutely great! :)

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
@burrows, i tested it on Lion. It's working... i guess you either had some images mounted or a file with the same name in the location you selected to create the new one...

Ahmed_shiko

Ahmed_shiko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I created a bootable USB with the 10.8 Mountain lion on and booted up.

Bootup was perfect and used -v flag

DSMOS Has Arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

And it just freezes there.

Posted Image

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
In order to keep one package for both OS versions and keep it light weight i had to modify the DSDT so the Audio Kexts will be compatible with both systems. So, if you use this package to install Audio kexts on Lion/ML then you must install the DSDT too (first install only)

The package although being named Mountain Lion is still backward compatible with Lion!

Please Install the battery kext in a different session! (separately)

Lx02X - Mountain Lion V1.4
- DOWNLOAD HERE -

Changelog-V1.4:

- rebuilt using Packages by Stephane Sudre because Apple's PackageMaker is bad, and they should feel bad about it!

Changelog-V1.3:

- now fully compatible with Lion & ML

- modified Audio kexts to be compatible with both OS'

- added patched IOAHCIFamily to fix waiting for root device error

- updated DSDTs

- modified ACPI Table script to backup DSDT/SSDT files when installing new ones, same goes for Boot.plist

- included Aergia.app

- included WMI Kext to fix missing brightness FN functionality thanks to 04152viki for providing the fix and the AppleLife.ru guys

- fixed the kernel panic caused by installing battery kexts

One more thing, [ML] AppleHDA = patched applehda kexts from 10.8, which breaks sound after wake. I'll release a separate script to fix that using sleepwatch.

Edited by DoiX, 08 August 2012 - 08:15 PM.

amh10

amh10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I created a bootable USB with the 10.8 Mountain lion on and booted up.

Bootup was perfect and used -v flag

DSMOS Has Arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

And it just freezes there.

Posted Image

I also found that creating my own bootable USB did not work - but using someone else's did. After I installed....

.....This is exactly what happens to me. I don't have a *real* Lion install, only a VMWare machine. @Doix previously made some suggestions about copying the Extra folder from Lion across etc., but not sure where to go next.

Did you manage to move fakesmc.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext to S/L/E before this happened?

AMH.

drdeviant

drdeviant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi - I get to the graphic welcome screen for installing ML. I need to install the keyboard and trackpad kexts to the installation disk as I can't move the pointer. Where can I get the kexts without having to run the DOIX script please? I want to be sure that I'm just using the kexts without anything else happening in the background. Thanks.

>>Update: I used the resources file in post #1895 and install the two files AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext, however only the keyboard works and the trackpad still doesn't?

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
You stil need to boot with a mouse to kick the trackpad... nothing i can do about it, i've had this problem since snow leopard.

drdeviant

drdeviant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

You stil need to boot with a mouse to kick the trackpad... nothing i can do about it, i've had this problem since snow leopard.

OK, thanks. Have done so and managed to boot into ML ok. Next thing is I ran your V1.3 script for the keyboard, mouse, AICPUM 10.8, (ML) smartbatterymanagement, maybe a couple of other things too and get the following panic.

Posted Image

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
For crying out loud, if it's the battery again i'll sue Apple for creating a 2 bit package system. Please upload a big picture not a thumbnail...

drdeviant

drdeviant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

For crying out loud, if it's the battery again i'll sue Apple for creating a 2 bit package system. Please upload a big picture not a thumbnail...

Apologies - here it is.

Posted Image

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
Can you recall what exactly you installed? I checked battery/keyboard/AICPU/Sensor Modules (FAKE SMC)/Audio kexts, they are fine.

drdeviant

drdeviant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Can you recall what exactly you installed? I checked battery/keyboard/AICPU/Sensor Modules (FAKE SMC)/Audio kexts, they are fine.

From memory, anything ML so that includes IOAHCIFamily too. I also installed Aergia. Nothing from system as that was working already.

Am I going to have to reinstall?

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
Did you get any error after the installer finished? Did you try booting with UseKernelCache=Yes / No ? Do you have access to the partition from another OS? Check for AppleACPIPlatform VoodooBattery AppleSmartBatteryManagement and IOAHCIFamily.kext, also see if any of those kexts are 0kb in size...

04152viki

04152viki

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
I optimized AppleHDA_ML for me: 1x Mic and Line in separate, 1x Autodetect:

Attached File  AppleHDA_ALC665_ML_Mic:LineIn_04152viki.kext.zip   1.27MB   16 downloads

Attached File  AppleHDA_ALC665_ML_Mic:LineIn Autodetect_04152viki.kext.zip   1.27MB   22 downloads

PS. LayoutID 65

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
@viki 04152 post your DSDT as well or the layout id if you're using clover injection...

burrows1980

burrows1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

@burrows, i tested it on Lion. It's working... i guess you either had some images mounted or a file with the same name in the location you selected to create the new one...

@DoiX, Meant to reply last night. The reason for wanting to install ML is my current Lion install is broke, takes over 5 minutes to load for some reason, but it was only when I tried to do the long method I found Disk Utility wouldn't restore the image to my USB stick!! so plugged in my other HD with a working Lion install from last november and was able to restore to the USB, so hopefully there should be no reason why your app won't work for me now.

Im getting, Still waiting for root device problem :wallbash: ... but just noticed you've updated your package to cure this problem, will give it a try now.

Thanks for help DoiX, appreciated!!

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
@burrows, don't use the package. Apple's PackageMaker breaks scripts as more packages are added, i'm working now to rebuild it in another platform. Waiting for root device occurs only when trying to boot from an installed ML system, it can be fixed by booting with UseKernelCache=No.

04152viki

04152viki

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
Battery indicator works only with AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

http://bbs.pcbeta.co...914788-1-1.html

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
@viki, i know.. it's included in the package. The problem was with PackageMaker, after compiling it switched kexts and scripts.

Please Install the battery kext in a different session (separately) to be sure it got installed.

Lx02X - Mountain Lion V1.4
- DOWNLOAD HERE -

Changelog-V1.4:

- rebuilt using Packages by Stephane Sudre because Apple's PackageMaker is bad, and they should feel bad about it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy