Topic to discuss improvements, proposals, and tests on Chameleon v2.x
CHAMELON 2 RC5 diff patch files-----
(760) source: http://www.mediafire...b8ion36rp3e0s4z
.pkg ^Andy^ Chameleo...ndy_Lion.zip
(755) source: http://www.mediafire...y3roclftu494xwb
.pkg result of diff V6 Chameleo...Lion.pkg.zipwork in progress:
May 4 2011 - Kabyl branch: Binaries Kabyl_LionV1.zip
May 7 2011 - Kabyl branch: binaries Kabyl_LionV3.zip
I apply at the Kabyl revision 748 the recent Lion "patch"
(thx to Kabyl for his help in code correction and adaptation)
You can find the diff file at voodooprojects > HERE <
- Include the Chameleon Lion Patch code by cparm (ported by oldnapalm)
- Include the Haiku - OpenBSD - FreeBSD as we see in diff V6 of the main trunk
- Into V3 I rework the code with Lion code from Trunk 760
- As the other diff version the credits go the original author.
with official trunk 760 the above "patch" are "obsolete"
Here the temporal BootHelp.txt info
here the diff file for patch the "virgin" Chameleon 2 RC5 trunk 75x
Chameleon 2 RC5 trunk 75x for Lion and lower...
- LION patch credits:
- All the credits go to the Chameleon team
- Andy Vandijck
- And all involved in the development in any way.
- Credits to oldnapalm to share the patched C2RC5 source ported from old Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658(patched source)
I hope no forgot any credits...
- "cosmetics" compiling (like meklort branch) credits to meklort
- Some ID correction in pci.h and other things credits to Andy and valv (AnVAL Branch)
- More Nasm correction by KillerJK
Also in nvidia.c will be applied some fix coming from different branch
- (nvidia.c) NVPM (copied from Slice nvidia.c code) credits to Slice
- (nvidia.c) "display-cfg" property injecting by Jingu
- (nvidia.c) An additional device properties has to be injected to get HDMI back: @1,connector-type by Jingu or yehia2amer
- Correct one warning thx mitch_de
Quotebootstruct.c: In function ‘initKernBootStruct’:
bootstruct.c:54: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
- Correct last warning
Quotefrom (AnVAL branch)ati.c: In function ‘setup_ati_devprop’:
ati.c:662: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘devprop_add_value’ differ in signednes
- Add Icon and detection for Haiku OS credits to scorpius link
- Add Icon and detection for FreeBSD and OpenBSD from (AnVAL branch)
- Add credits into CREDITS file
- Add oldnapalm's suggest "fix" for FAT16, FAT32 and BEFS into gui.c
- Add more credits into CREDITS file
- Applyoldnapalm's suggest "fix" into gui.c
- boot at 32&64 bit and kext from E/E
- v6.1 Add asm code by DutchHockeyPro and comment the equivalent in boot.c
- Correct pci.c/.h
- Removed -x32 and arch=i386 option, use i386 instead -
V.1 (for Trunk752)
V.2 (for Trunk752)
V.3 (for Trunk753)
V.4 (for Trunk753)
V.5 (for Trunk753)
V.6.1 (for Trunk753) C2RC5753xlionV6.1.diff.zip 225.26K 72 downloads
V.7 (for Trunk753) C2RC5753xlionV7.diff.zip 324.14K 258 downloads
Binaries: C2RC5r755_diffV7.zip 114.49K 300 downloads
Fireup your terminal
- create a folder navigate into it.
- download the Chameleon2 RC5 source code:
svn co http://forge.voodoop...chameleon/trunk
- download the diff patch file into the same first folder
patch -p0 < xxxdiff-file-namexxx.diff
You will see the patching code process like this...
[size=1]sh-3.2# patch -p0 < C2RC5753xlionV4.diff patching file trunk/CHANGES patching file trunk/CREDITS patching file trunk/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj patching file trunk/Makefile patching file trunk/TODO patching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_befs.png patching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_befs_o.png patching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_freebsd.png patching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_freebsd_o.png patching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_openbsd.png patching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_openbsd_o.png patching file trunk/doc/BootHelp.txt patching file trunk/i386/MakeInc.dir patching file trunk/i386/Makefile patching file trunk/i386/boot0/Makefile patching file trunk/i386/boot0/chain0.s patching file trunk/i386/boot1/Makefile patching file trunk/i386/boot2/Makefile patching file trunk/i386/boot2/boot.c patching file trunk/i386/boot2/boot.h patching file trunk/i386/boot2/drivers.c patching file trunk/i386/boot2/graphics.c patching file trunk/i386/boot2/gui.c patching file trunk/i386/boot2/mboot.c patching file trunk/i386/boot2/options.c patching file trunk/i386/boot2/resume.c patching file trunk/i386/cdboot/Makefile patching file trunk/i386/doc/README patching file trunk/i386/libsa/Makefile patching file trunk/i386/libsa/libsa.h patching file trunk/i386/libsa/string.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/Makefile patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/acpi_patcher.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/allocate.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/aml_generator.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/ati.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/befs.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/befs.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bios.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/biosfn.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/boot.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bootstruct.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bootstruct.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/console.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/device_inject.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/disk.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/fake_efi.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/fdisk.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/freebsd.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/freebsd.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/hpet.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/load.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/mem.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/nvidia.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/openbsd.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/openbsd.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci_root.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci_setup.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/platform.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/saio_types.h patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/smbios_patcher.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/spd.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/stringTable.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/sys.c patching file trunk/i386/libsaio/usb.c patching file trunk/i386/util/Makefile sh-3.2# [/size]