Dell Optiplex 755 DSDT, Vanilla SpeedStep+Sleep working.

Camilo_ML

163 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

I don't use to write so much, normally i try to solve my own problems with lots of reading and patience :)

Now i come to you to give something back to the community, i have spent my free time this past week researching and trying to complete this.

I think 99,99% of the job is done for the average users regarding this DSDT patching.

I present you all, interested and not interested too :D....

Dell Optiplex 755 DSDT patched.

It features:

-DTGP Method (Obviously :P)

-Native SATA ACHI (the mobo fits ICH9, now spoofed to ICH10)

-HPET Fixed

-RTC Ficed

-SBUS Fixed

-ISA/LPC Fixed (not completely but enough)

-USB Fixed

-CPU P-states Fixed

-CPU C-states ¿¿NOT FIXED??

-WAK Fixed

This all patching provides: Vanilla Speedstep with no additional kexts nor Disablers, Sleep (by front button or via system menu) and Wakeup support (via front button, or mouse click or keyboard keypress), no cmos corruption on reset, Devices recognized in System profiler, fast boot and power off...

This all on vanilla installation, using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy, Retail 10.6 OSX install DVD, and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.4 selecting [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to make it install and the first start. Also added MacPro3,1 from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

After that, copy my DSDT patched to /Extra folder and rename to DSDT.aml then use Apple 10.6.7 Combo Update to get to the latest ;)

I have not patched Audio device, use VoodoHDA.kext via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get sound working, and use Intel82566MM.kext (locate at kexts.com) in S/L/E/IONetworkingfamily/Contents/Plugins to get wired ethernet working if it does not work OOB for you.

I have not tried to patch the onboard intel graphics cause i use another PCIe nvidia card which i activate via EFI string, so no traces in DSDT for it that can disturb other users.

Hmmm, i think i don't forget anything, i hope Optiplex 755 lucky owners can now enjoy even more powerfull his "New MAC" ;) Right now my /Extra/Extensions only have EvOreboot and FakeSMC kexts, and all works like a charm. Edit: Yeah! i forgot something important, this DSDT is for Optiplex 755 with bios flashed at rev A15

Here's link to my mediafire shared folder with the files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7c5y95cw8ucir Oops!! I see i can attach to the post too, so i do too.

There you will find two files, the .DSL that is TextEditable, and the ready-to-use .AML that only needs to be renamed properly and dropped in /Extra folder.

Nice day ;)

Edit 1: Just added full patch for USB, now OHCI and EHCI both are patched and fully working. In mediafire folder is the new dsdt too. I guess even reading "LPC device not properly initialized c-states manager not enabled" they indeed work, cause sleeps completely instant and wakes up in almost a second. So it seems C6 state is achieved. Remember to set Deep low power on bios.

All comments are welcome, come on! don't be shy :) Test it and come back to tell your impressions ;)

DSDT_Files_Optiplex_755.zip

dsdt_optiplex755_speedstep_fullusb_sleep.aml.zip

• Like 1

Good Work.

Will test later

Few questions-

Do you still need EvOreboot (my dsdt with just RTC & HPET fixes I have found I need only FakeSMC)?

What is your CPU identified as using MacPro3,1 in smbios?

And what nvidia card are you using?

EDIT Normally I don't use sleep, other than on a laptop on battery power, i don't see any benefits. I did try your sleep. I have preferences set to enter a password when returning from Screen Saver (or Sleep), as soon as i enter password and hit enter I got a restart (tried with and without EvOreboot)

EDIT-EDIT Felt performance was slightly less with your DSDT. Ran both "Geekbench" & "XBench" and found scores were 13% lower with your dsdt. Being far from a DSDT guru would not even guess why that is. I do have A17 bios.

Hi.

Nice to see another 755 user :(

Regarding EvOreboot... still haven't had time to make tests and remove it. I know once all fixed in dsdt it should not be needed, but have to test yet.

My CPU is E8400 #3.0Ghz Dual Core and so is recognized, and i'm using nVidia Quadro FX380. How can i take screenshots in my Hackintosh? Under windows is so easy, but i don't know if OSX has native screen capture.

Maybe i need to go to A17 and check if DSDT needs all that patching.

I'm kinda new to this world of hackintosh, sill haven't found a geekbench version that worked for me, i tested 2.1 directly downloaded from primelabs site and always crash, it seems it's 10.5.x only and SL kills it.

This DSDT patching and hackintosh is such an amazing world, i will investigate further.

I have all optimizations in bios set up as enabled, virtualization, low power, speedstep, multiple core...etc.

Will re-test all later when back at home.

Thanks for your comments.

Could you please post your DSDT which gives 13% more performance?

Nice day.

Hi to you too.

The 755 is a great system to hack, vanilla kernel, rock solid, no crashes or freezes.

Here is my DSDT, only RTC & HPET patched. Dellmantt_DSDT.zip

As stated earlier I don't use sleep and have speedstep off.

No smbios.plist used Identified as iMac 8,1 CPU, FSB , RAM all identified correctly. Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r699

Have no trouble with Geekbench, version is 2.1.8. Is your video fully accelerated, can you change resolutions & rotation etc.

Ssreenshots

Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard
Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard
In Leopard and later, the following keys can be held down while selecting an area (via Command-Shift-4 or Command-Control-Shift-4):

Space, to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves
Shift, to resize only one edge of the selected region
Option, to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point
[edit]

Command is Window key and opt is alt key.

cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the screenshot lesson :P

capturadepantalla201104nu.png

capturadepantalla201104ofg.png

capturadepantalla201104l.png

Removed EvOReboot and smbios (added by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] i think) and all woking aparently stable.

I can only download geekbench 2.1.13 and keeps crashing every time i try to launch it.

Now reported as Imac 8,1 and as you see full accelerated graphics plus rotation.

I already have upgraded bios to A17, i can't compare with previous, but this seems to work fine too with my patched DSDT. When i put my hands over 2.1.8 will try to make some benchs.

Nice day.

P.S: I'm finishing to polish the DSDT, removing warnings and remarks on compile time. Will upload once finished. ;)

Here they are.

latest_DSDT_polished.zip

Hei Camilo_ML

shutdown and smbus, test it

dsdt.Camilo_ML.zip

kextstat|grep SMBus

Last login: Mon Apr 25 21:02:05 on console

Mac-Pro-de-Daniel-Maldonado:~ danielnmaldonado$ kextstat|grep SMBus

66 0 0xffffff7f809d0000 0x2000 0x2000 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusPCI (1.0.8d0)

77 1 0xffffff7f80a43000 0x2000 0x2000 com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily (1.1)

78 0 0xffffff7f80a45000 0xb000 0xb000 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController (1.0.8d0)

Mac-Pro-de-Daniel-Maldonado:~ danielnmaldonado$

Whats is your chipset? ICHX?

fun.gif

• Like 1

dsdt.Optiplex.zip

DTGP

HDEF

UHCI

IRQs

LPC

REMOVE

RTC

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

FIX WARNINGS

NativePM and restart Fix, use Chameleon RC5

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

if you use VoodooHda, use AppleHdaDisabler in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=87700

Legacy AHCI

AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip

Orange icons

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip

Let me know whether it is working or not. aaa.png

• Like 1

Hey,

I just managed to aquire an Optiplex 755, but I'm really lost with how I should go about getting everything setup for Hackintosh, and which bootloaders and POST tools to use. If anyone could give me a quick rundown via a PM, I would appreciate it heaps. The only problem with my 755 is that it's a small form factor one meaning no PCI-E Graphics, and I hear OSX doesn't treat the Intel Graphics very well :S

@Daishogun

Advice is not usually given via PM, the idea is to share the knowledge. As far as I know the on board video is not supported under snow (may be wrong but have not seem any posts to the contrary). Installing Leopard might be better.. I usually advise people to install using a retail disk but in this case one of the older distros' might be the go. Can't advise on a leopard install as never done one on this system, plus it is so long ago since I installed Leopard i can't remember. You will probably find something to help amongst this search. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...mp;aql=&oq=

Well, i have tested MaLd0n's patched DSDT but unfortunately for me sleep got broken, PC come back from sleep to black screen and forced to power off by button.

I rechecked his patches and mixed with mine resulting in a half mine half his DSDT :D

This works again for me. If someone want to test.... attached is.

I have to say that MaLd0n's one made my pc slower, at least it seemed to me that.

I love cooperative work, this is the way things go ahead, thanks everybody :)

dsdt.aml.zip

Well, i have tested MaLd0n's patched DSDT but unfortunately for me sleep got broken, PC come back from sleep to black screen and forced to power off by button.

I rechecked his patches and mixed with mine resulting in a half mine half his DSDT :)

This works again for me. If someone want to test.... attached is.

I have to say that MaLd0n's one made my pc slower, at least it seemed to me that.

I love cooperative work, this is the way things go ahead, thanks everybody :)

P and C States --> Chameleon RC5

send me a kextstat

and

ioreg -lw0 | grep PerformanceStateArray

and

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

Here you have all info and a bit more. :)

The CSTInfo request gave no data as result.

add in boot.plist

<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227833

01a.png

add in boot.plist

<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227833

post-557433-1304028549.png

I tried this last advice upgrading my boot to RC5 r750. Same result, no CSTInfo. :) i think i should give up on c-states, seems p-states work fine and also sleep/wake so...

I tried this last advice upgrading my boot to RC5 r750. Same result, no CSTInfo. :) i think i should give up on c-states, seems p-states work fine and also sleep/wake so...

very strange

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

I have no idea

add manually

• 3 months later...

Sorry if I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I just wanted to ask a quick question. MaLd0n, I am currently running my Optiplex 755 without a DSDT and it is running fine except for a few occasional startup errors. My question to you is, can I use the DSDT that you've edited on my system that contains a Core 2 Quad processor? I have tried to generate my own DSDT but it fails everytime, so I just gave up.

Please let me know if this would work on my system. Thanks in advance for you help.

Sorry if I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I just wanted to ask a quick question. MaLd0n, I am currently running my Optiplex 755 without a DSDT and it is running fine except for a few occasional startup errors. My question to you is, can I use the DSDT that you've edited on my system that contains a Core 2 Quad processor? I have tried to generate my own DSDT but it fails everytime, so I just gave up.

Please let me know if this would work on my system. Thanks in advance for you help.

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816