134 replies to this topic

zammykoo

zammykoo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Well Hurry back :(
Maybe that time I can get the other G5 running, fix the other G5 case lol and maybe set it up for an ATX no cut install. We shale see as well lol.

Lol how many cases do you have now? Yeah hopefully I'll be able to get back to this shortly.

Wow! I must say I'm a bit disappointed you have to put it on hold for a bit. I was interested before I even saw the mockup. Now that I've seen it I'm positive I want one. My G5 project is nearly complete except for the I/O panel.

I've been pretty busy as well and have not been checking these boards as frequently, however, I'll be making a point to do so from now on. However, once you get back to this project and are ready to go, feel free to PM me and let me know. I'm prepared to buy one the minute you are ready to take your first order.

Bryan

PS Regarding your second poll, I'd prefer to have the ports already attached. I'd rather not have to mess with the crimping and such.

Thanks for the support! I wish I had more time in my schedule to focus on this. But yes as soon as I get the first few done I'll be sure to let you know.

Also thanks for submitting your poll answer, I was hoping to get more answers by now lol. I have a feeling more will answer the same, so I might as well look into parts for the wires.

And to everyone, thanks for your patience. I definitely feel like the longer I take in the planning/development stage the better the product will turn out.

okolowicz

okolowicz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 13 posts

Also thanks for submitting your poll answer, I was hoping to get more answers by now lol. I have a feeling more will answer the same, so I might as well look into parts for the wires.

FYI Regarding the poll, I'm not sure about anyone else but it would not let me vote on the second poll. It said I had already voted. Unless I was doing something wrong I presume it is a system limitation that only lets people vote on poll per thread. Otherwise, I would have voted.

eelhead

eelhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

FYI Regarding the poll, I'm not sure about anyone else but it would not let me vote on the second poll. It said I had already voted. Unless I was doing something wrong I presume it is a system limitation that only lets people vote on poll per thread. Otherwise, I would have voted.

Same with me.

And I only have 3 G5s, one my Hack is in, I had gotten two G5s to start with. I was bidding on one on eBay and found one with buy it now thinking I would loss the first bit but I ended up winning that one as well. I got the buy it now one first and that was the one I modded. I was going to just fix the second one and make a working G5 to resell but UPS crushed the lower stands. So I just bought another one to finish my making a working G5 to resell lol. The parts in my first one were working, the logicboard battery was bad and it also needed a reset. :(

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
cant wait for this …….

the front i/o and now this …….dam its like waiting for xmas

zammykoo

zammykoo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Oh shoot, sorry I was not aware of the polling limitations. I'll go ahead and remove the first poll since I've already started on this. Thanks for the heads up!

And I only have 3 G5s

Lol, "only"? You probably own more G5 cases than anyone else on here

cant wait for this …….

the front i/o and now this …….dam its like waiting for xmas

Thanks for the support!

zammykoo

zammykoo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Check this out Posted Image

Guess I couldn't stay away from this project too long. I wanted to go ahead and finish a prototype for testing purposes. I will still be holding off on the production models till I figure out a quicker/easier way for me to print boards & drill holes.

Everything went smoothly and turned out better than I imagined. I'll try to post a demo video shortly.

Attached File  P5082973.jpg   458.73KB   163 downloads
Attached File  P5082985.jpg   478.53KB   225 downloads
Attached File  P5082984.jpg   461.66KB   254 downloads

A

A

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Sounds great !

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Check this out Posted Image

Guess I couldn't stay away from this project too long. I wanted to go ahead and finish a prototype for testing purposes. I will still be holding off on the production models till I figure out a quicker/easier way for me to print boards & drill holes.

Everything went smoothly and turned out better than I imagined. I'll try to post a demo video shortly.

Attached File  P5082973.jpg   458.73KB   163 downloads
Attached File  P5082985.jpg   478.53KB   225 downloads
Attached File  P5082984.jpg   461.66KB   254 downloads

OMG!!!!!!! :D :star_smile: :star_smile: :( :) all five of em …..…you'll get the same love on you tube

rorydaredking

rorydaredking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Wow. Maybe I do want one now...

Gus.Carrie

Gus.Carrie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I absolutely love you onboard header idea! Thats just ingenious, i was wondering how you were going to solder 8 tiny wires for the ethernet into those holes.
Again, truely terrific. Keep it up!

zammykoo

zammykoo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Thanks guys!

Here's a quick video before I go to bed. I'll update with a more thorough commentary next session.

EDIT:
Youtube video has been updated. Please see first post.

eelhead

eelhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Nice!!!

zammykoo

zammykoo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Nice!!!

Thanks! I was waiting for you to chime in, lol

And to everyone else, I've started a wait list so I can determine how much more parts I'll need to order. Right now my goal is to build 10 units. If there is more interest then I'll order more parts.

Let me know if you want to be added to the wait list ;)

eelhead

eelhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Thanks! I was waiting for you to chime in, lol

And to everyone else, I've started a wait list so I can determine how much more parts I'll need to order. Right now my goal is to build 10 units. If there is more interest then I'll order more parts.

Let me know if you want to be added to the wait list :(

Lol I have been watching like a hawk, that board looks so freaking nice!

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
yes bro … christmas come early ….( would you ship to uk??)

Option 2: $75 + $6 s&h (2x USB ports, 2x audio ports, 2x ethernet ports)
*US s&h via USPS Priority will be $6 (confirmation included)

i would be interested in this one please sir

just a quick question from a nub …how would i attach a fire wire connection to this ?

thanks

Akhenamenra

Thanks guys!

Here's a quick video before I go to bed. I'll update with a more thorough commentary next session.

(anyone know how to embed youtube videos here?)

wow…

zammykoo

zammykoo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

yes bro … christmas come early ….( would you ship to uk??)

Option 2: $75 + $6 s&h (2x USB ports, 2x audio ports, 2x ethernet ports)
*US s&h via USPS Priority will be $6 (confirmation included)

i would be interested in this one please sir

just a quick question from a nub …how would i attach a fire wire connection to this ?

Hey, I've never shipped anything internationally so but I believe s&h will cost $15 via USPS priority.

And as far as the firewire port goes... unfortunately I couldn't find any sources that supplied the correct firewire jack, so it was not included. I would love to add the firewire port to my design if someone happens to know where to find it.

If you are still interested I'll be happy to add you to the wait list.

Thanks!

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Hey, I've never shipped anything internationally so but I believe s&h will cost $15 via USPS priority.

And as far as the firewire port goes... unfortunately I couldn't find any sources that supplied the correct firewire jack, so it was not included. I would love to add the firewire port to my design if someone happens to know where to find it.

If you are still interested I'll be happy to add you to the wait list.

Thanks!

yes please, ( ill do some research to see if i can help,, is it commonly known as a firewire jack?)

…just one last question ( was late whilst typing) have you decided to go wireless or wired?? if we can go wired what would the price be , if not would you supply blueprints for here the wires go for noobs and the like

thanks again

Jonta

Jonta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Wow thats is the neatest solution to keep case intact. If this would be avaliable for Mac Pro case it would be even more wow. Any chance of making that version?

eelhead

eelhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Is this it zammy??

http://www.mouser.co...iaN7OMx3VrjpRC4
http://www.mouser.co...iaN7OMx3VrjpRC4

firewire port

student_al

student_al

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Yes! I am interested! That looks incredible! So, I will look for a solution to the firewire jack situation. You are right, the jack pins all seem to go in the opposite direction on the vertical 1394 (Firewire 400) jack.

http://search.digike...ame=151-1087-ND

I was thinking, a solution might be to use another board on the opposite side of the one you are mounting...

What are the specs on the other Firewire port? It's a firewire 800 9 pin connector or something like that?

Also, would it be possible just to salvage old connectors from the original apple motherboard?

How can I get in one these? This is an elegant solution for an elegant case! - The primary reason I am doing the OS X 86 mod! I do love your solution zammykoo - super props!

**Edit**
OK, So, I found the 9 pin connector. It is here! I am not sure how it mounts onto the board, but... something is better than nothing!

http://search.digike...me=1734047-1-ND

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy