CMOS Resets on Restarts after Sleep and Wake in 10.7 (Lion)

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

I have a same issue. My hack machine is Asus P5K-E Wifi.

I found one temporary solution for this issue.

Use AppleRTC.kext of snow leopard. It's not a fundamental solution, but it works for me.

;) :P

I can confirm this works. So now it seems to be some sort of RTC issue? Interesting.

-Stell

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts

Use AppleRTC.kext of snow leopard. It's not a fundamental solution, but it works for me.

Thanks for the nice work-around JUN Ho. This'll help for now until the problem with Lion's kext is found.

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
Here's a link to the 10.6.7 & 10.7 variants. http://cl.ly/1I412a3J0v012I0q3J0t

-Stell

P.S. - Now if I could just get that Mac App Store GUID error, i'd be a happy camper.

EDIT: App Store issue fixed! :P

Vlada.

Vlada.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Heh, well me on the other hand bothers, why from first DP2 version my DSDT patch for NVidia graphics doesn't work anymore, but only NVEnabler64.kext... hmm...

As for this kext switching maneuver, well I can also confirm that this method works...!

And again I don't like the way and especially HDD sound in a moment when my computer enters sleep... We’ll definitively need to find proper fix for this…

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hey this rollback works. Thanks JUN Ho.
No apparent changes in the console msgs, wonder what these are in a real mac.

stefano.85

stefano.85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Hey this rollback works. Thanks JUN Ho.
No apparent changes in the console msgs, wonder what these are in a real mac.

Hey works here too on my p5q... tnx for the trick!....anyway hope that this can be fixed soon...just to be more vanilla in the future :)

EDIT: I don't know if it's related... but this trick solved me another problem that i always had since the first build of lion: Google chrome always prevented my system to shutdown or restart when remained open, the only solution so far was to kill it and then the restart/halt goes well.... maybe i can find in you a kind of confirmation. <--- the problem isn't resolved.... for what i've read there's a problem with chrome account synchronization: http://code.google.c...detail?id=44321

Cheers

edgar87

edgar87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thanks JUN Ho, it worked for me too! ;)

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,342 posts
Maybe (just a idea) the sort of RTC issue coming from some fixed DSDT, I don't know perhaps reverting back the prior fix to default Length value (0xZZ) from 0x02, AND/OR leaving the factory IRQ in the Device. Please sorry my english. Good Luck.

miliuco

miliuco

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 396 posts
Same issue here with cmos reset after sleep. Dsdt works fine in SL. Not tried yet RTC kext solution.

allenwkk

allenwkk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Snow RTC roll back works for me... Now sleep without error in CMOS Bios.

A

A

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
how are u guys getting sleep?
Is there a Sleepenabler for 10.7?
Mine just won't wake up again.

(q6600,ud3lr,HD5770)

stefano.85

stefano.85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

how are u guys getting sleep?
Is there a Sleepenabler for 10.7?
Mine just won't wake up again.

(q6600,ud3lr,HD5770)

maybe you have the same problem as we all! First, in snow it works fine ? Always in snow... you have to use a sleepenabler.kext?

you can maybe try to overwrite the AppleRTC.kext in S/L/E on lion with the one from Snow leopard located in S/L/E!
Hope you resolve,Good luck!

A

A

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

maybe you have the same problem as we all! First, in snow it works fine ? Always in snow... you have to use a sleepenabler.kext?

you can maybe try to overwrite the AppleRTC.kext in S/L/E on lion with the one from Snow leopard located in S/L/E!
Hope you resolve,Good luck!

Thank you for your answer! Yes, I always had to use Sleepenabler to get Sleep (worked fine from 10.6.0 to 10.6.7)
So you guys always had sleep without Sleepenabler?? Hmmm I might need to do some research....

stefano.85

stefano.85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Thank you for your answer! Yes, I always had to use Sleepenabler to get Sleep (worked fine from 10.6.0 to 10.6.7)
So you guys always had sleep without Sleepenabler?? Hmmm I might need to do some research....

If you make the proper edits to your dsdt.aml you can get rid of it! I don't even know if someone has been created a sleepenabler for lion.
There are a lot of thread about it, good work!

Javimdq

Javimdq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Same here folks, replacing RTC with Snow version did the trick.

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
...kinda boggles my mind people still use sleepenabler. Let's just fix our dsdts...? :)

-Stell

New build. I'm downloading, will test ASAP.

-Stell

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Situation remains the same with Build 11A459e, solution same as per JUN Ho. Only IOPMrootDomain console msg with 'SystemWillSleep' is gone.

Javimdq

Javimdq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Same as rayap, replacing RTC with Snow version is working with DP3 ok. Now I have KP with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement... =(

Vlada.

Vlada.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Err... As I said, if we want to find solution for this one, then first we need to check DSDT that is working 100%

If someone could leave here such a DSDT, that would be really nice... :)

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
Here's a DSDT from ASUS P5G41T-M LX & E8400 Core2Duo CPU. Sleep works without AppleRTC replacement. Check it out.

Download here:

http://cl.ly/3h2t0X1m1w1x2F3a1z1q

Honestly I believe the sleep issue is related to the number of CPU cores. Anyone with a dual-core processor experiencing these cmos reset issues on wake?

-Stell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy