[AMD] 10.6.8 Guide - written by Devout

Devout

122 posts in this topic

Hi there i am currently running 10.6 10a432 hazard release.

i followed your guide restored the 10.6.3 retail to a partition on my 500gb osx drive, the partition with my restored install dvd is 0,7.

i restored the image installed modusb , yet it didnt find the modbin kernel i tried selecting 0,0 as partition too boot as you state in the tutorial again no joy could not find kernel. im assuming i need too change the rd command too 0,7 as thats where the install image is

i have followed the further guide using my hack and the boot cd 10.5 instructions copying the extra and usr folders yet when i boot it gets to loading darwin kernel then crashes , there is obviously something i am missing as it cant find the amd kernel , can you give me any advice too what i should try next

thanks

Okay, so I got it installed...but now I can't get it to boot back up. OSX ran beautifully, I followed every step until after updating to 10.6.7 initially. I tried installing the device driver for my video card, but there wasn't a kext called "ATI4000controller.kext" and I have an integrated ATI Radeon HD4250. I can't figure out where to add it to. The closest kext I get is for "ATI4500controller.kext"....however, I can't get it to work.

The best question I have to ask is this: do you have to have the USB with ModUSB on it permanently attached to your system to run OSX under your build methodology?

Okay, so I got it installed...but now I can't get it to boot back up. OSX ran beautifully, I followed every step until after updating to 10.6.7 initially. I tried installing the device driver for my video card, but there wasn't a kext called "ATI4000controller.kext" and I have an integrated ATI Radeon HD4250. I can't figure out where to add it to. The closest kext I get is for "ATI4500controller.kext"....however, I can't get it to work.

The best question I have to ask is this: do you have to have the USB with ModUSB on it permanently attached to your system to run OSX under your build methodology?

Once you have everything running, install Chimera ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]), and you won't have to use ModUSB anymore. As for the graphics card, try googling ATI Readeon HD4250 hackintosh.

UPDATE: Never mind, I got it to boot with the Install DVD in the DVD Drive without ModUSB (somehow). Darwin handled the boot instead and I typed in:

arch=i386 busratio=18 - v

Hi guys, first time posting and first time Hackint0shing. However, I have already installed Mac OS X 10.6.3 on VMware before.

My current build is:

AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-80

120GB SATA II Hard Drive (GUID Partition Table)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

4GB DDR2 RAM

(More info on request)

Here's the problem:

I'm getting an error after a successful install of OS X 10.6.3. However, when it restarts, after selecting the partition and entering in:

busratio=18 -v

I get (after pressing any key to continue):

<somewhat long lines of text>

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 7270D235-B956-3249-BA34-A171F03FBC75
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
USBF:	67.171  [0x43d5200] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in.  It will keep retrying. (Port 3 of hub @ location: 0x52000000)
Still waiting for root device
USBF:	248.433 [0x43d5200] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device.
(keeps returning: "Still waiting for root device")

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi there. I managed to get the Retail to boot. My steps. I downloaded Nawcom's ModCD. Burned it to CD. Restored the Retail DMG to Thumb Drive.

I booted the CD. Entered the boot flags with the Thumb Drive. It boots -_-

But, When I make it through, after choosing Language, It says "there was a problem reading mac os x install dvd"

Any reason why?? thanks :)

I am getting the same error...tried using both DVD and thumbdrive. (Tried two different DMGs I found, burned/restored from my MacBook Pro). Would a retail disc solve my problems? If so would a 10.6.6 disc work the same with this guide? Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

My specs in case it helps some:

Asus M3N78 Pro

Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz (Black edition, not OC'd)

4GB RAM (GSkill DDR2)

Sapphire Radeon HD 4830 512MB

250GB HDD

Asus 52X CD/DVD burner

EDIT: Here is the installer log if that helps any

1: Max OS X Installer Application started
2: 1 display(s) found.
3: Display [1] is NOT using OpenGL acceleration.
4: @(#)PROGRAM:Install  PROJECT:Install-580
5: @(#)PROGRAM:Mac OS X Installer  PROJECT:OSInstaller-262
6: Hardware: OSX86Hack1,1 @ 2.8GHz, 2048 MB RAM
7: Running OS Build: Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D575)
8: Opening OSInstall package '/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg'.
9: PFPackage::packageWithURL - can't instantiate package: /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg
10: Couldn't verify Mac OS X (Server) Install media.

Hope this helps some...

I am getting the same error...tried using both DVD and thumbdrive. (Tried two different DMGs I found, burned/restored from my MacBook Pro). Would a retail disc solve my problems? If so would a 10.6.6 disc work the same with this guide? Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

My specs in case it helps some:

Asus M3N78 Pro

Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz (Black edition, not OC'd)

4GB RAM (GSkill DDR2)

Sapphire Radeon HD 4830 512MB

250GB HDD

Asus 52X CD/DVD burner

EDIT: Here is the installer log if that helps any

1: Max OS X Installer Application started
2: 1 display(s) found.
3: Display [1] is NOT using OpenGL acceleration.
4: @(#)PROGRAM:Install  PROJECT:Install-580
5: @(#)PROGRAM:Mac OS X Installer  PROJECT:OSInstaller-262
6: Hardware: OSX86Hack1,1 @ 2.8GHz, 2048 MB RAM
7: Running OS Build: Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D575)
8: Opening OSInstall package '/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg'.
9: PFPackage::packageWithURL - can't instantiate package: /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg
10: Couldn't verify Mac OS X (Server) Install media.

Hope this helps some...

What DMG image did you use? I recommend a retail disc with 10.6.3, as that's what I used.

What DMG image did you use? I recommend a retail disc with 10.6.3, as that's what I used.

I tried two different retail disc images I found online, both burned to a DVD and on a USB. Would an actual physical retail disc work better? If so would 10.6.6 work as well?

EDIT: they were both 10.6.3...

I'm having a problem with my Hackint0sh.

After using it for about an hour (I have successfully installed 10.6.3), any and all programs open will close unexpectedly and at arbitrary times with an error saying: "<The program I am using> And something about an unexpected error occurred (I can't reproduce it currently but that's all the information the error provided)" . This also happened after 10.6.7 installation completed while I was just about to install Legacy Kernel 10.7.0.

After installing Legacy Kernel and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with Devout's options, I reboot and boot up entering: "arch=i386 -v". Now I get this scary and strange error:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.6
Loading kernel legacy_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/legacy_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/legacy_kernel] 7435736 bytes.
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
No DSDT found, using 0 as uid valud.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
Framebuffer @0xC0000000   MMIO @0xD6400000	   I/O Port @0x00000000 ROM Addr @0x00000000
ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space
Card reported ports: 0
Framebuffer set to:
RT< using device's default
Number of ports set to: 0 using framebuffer's default.

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x0, "Size: 0xeaf9760, File: device_inject.c, Line 190

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

My build is:

AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM80

4GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM

120GB SATA II Hard Drive

Any suggestions?

I'm having a problem with my Hackint0sh.

After using it for about an hour (I have successfully installed 10.6.3), any and all programs open will close unexpectedly and at arbitrary times with an error saying: "<The program I am using> And something about an unexpected error occurred (I can't reproduce it currently but that's all the information the error provided)" . This also happened after 10.6.7 installation completed while I was just about to install Legacy Kernel 10.7.0.

After installing Legacy Kernel and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with Devout's options, I reboot and boot up entering: "arch=i386 -v". Now I get this scary and strange error:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.6
Loading kernel legacy_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/legacy_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/legacy_kernel] 7435736 bytes.
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
No DSDT found, using 0 as uid valud.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
Framebuffer @0xC0000000   MMIO @0xD6400000	   I/O Port @0x00000000 ROM Addr @0x00000000
ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space
Card reported ports: 0
Framebuffer set to:
RT< using device's default
Number of ports set to: 0 using framebuffer's default.

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x0, "Size: 0xeaf9760, File: device_inject.c, Line 190

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

My build is:

AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM80

4GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM

120GB SATA II Hard Drive

Any suggestions?

I've recieved the crashing programs bug before, I went into safe mode "-x" see if that boots up and just fix permissions and see if it helps. As for the error log, I'm not sure what's happening, I think it's your graphics card, but I'm not sure as I've never seen that error before, the framebuffer is what leads me to think it's the gfx card. Hmm..

I tried two different retail disc images I found online, both burned to a DVD and on a USB. Would an actual physical retail disc work better? If so would 10.6.6 work as well?

EDIT: they were both 10.6.3...

Strange, I could never fix Cynicals error even when I gave him constant support on Skype, we never found out what caused the problem >.<

Edit 3:

Well, I think I got most of it solved. I still have to ask, what do those lines that start with USBF mean? If I knew what was going on behind the scenes I'd be able to do a better job of troubleshooting.

Try akimoa post, he's posted a updated KEXT that might fix this problem, if you read this message, I'll resend it on skype just incase.

Strange, I could never fix Cynicals error even when I gave him constant support on Skype, we never found out what caused the problem >.<

Okay, thanks for replying so far. I managed to get OS X to install after a BIOS tweak...I hate BIOS conflicts! I had to turn off "HPET Support" which from what I can tell has to do with media playback in Vista. After that 10.6.3 installed perfectly!

Now for the next problem:

I got it booted back up after install, installed 10.6.7 combo update, updated the Kext for ATI, installed the 10.7.0 Legacy kernel, ran [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] following all the options you had given and then restarted. On reboot though I get a kernel panic.

Picture of panic:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/img0236v.jpg

Only other question I have is do I have to have the sata operation mode set to AHCI or not? Thus far it has been, but with it off I get a picture behind the kernel panic. Same panic either way though.

Thanks again for your willingness to help!

I've recieved the crashing programs bug before, I went into safe mode "-x" see if that boots up and just fix permissions and see if it helps. As for the error log, I'm not sure what's happening, I think it's your graphics card, but I'm not sure as I've never seen that error before, the framebuffer is what leads me to think it's the gfx card. Hmm..

Oh...

I misunderstood your steps. I never knew what adding the Device-ID to the ATI kext meant so I skipped it. XD. I'll retry later.

Thanks!

Oh...

I misunderstood your steps. I never knew what adding the Device-ID to the ATI kext meant so I skipped it. XD. I'll retry later.

Thanks!

Oh, basically adding your device ID should enable Core Image/Quartz Extreme which is a technology which allows your computer to run Flash Player etc, basically it's hardware acceleration. Hope it's made it more clearer, but you shouldn't be getting errors.

Hi there i have followed this guide got osx installed updated to 10.6.8 got the drivers working , however my cpu only ever loads with one cpu core

Im using a amd 690g chipset on a msi k9agm 3 motherboard, cpu is a AMD Le 1640 Dual core 2.6ghz

i have tried the flag cpus=2 also tried optimising the dsdt in dsdtse yet i still cannot boot with both cpu cores enabled,

Do you have any bootflags or advice that i should try as i am unable too use the computer with one core it is just too slow :D

Hi there i have followed this guide got osx installed updated to 10.6.8 got the drivers working , however my cpu only ever loads with one cpu core

Im using a amd 690g chipset on a msi k9agm 3 motherboard, cpu is a AMD Le 1640 Dual core 2.6ghz

i have tried the flag cpus=2 also tried optimising the dsdt in dsdtse yet i still cannot boot with both cpu cores enabled,

Do you have any bootflags or advice that i should try as i am unable too use the computer with one core it is just too slow :lol:

Try these:

- Look in your BIOS for "MaxCPUID" if there is something along the lines, disable it.

- Try USBBusFix=Yes

- Go to your Activity Monitor and check to see if you have 2 instances of CPU Usage. If so then you have both cores working. If you are looking at the System Profiler it my not show the correct # of cores. Activity Monitor is the most accurate.

Oh, basically adding your device ID should enable Core Image/Quartz Extreme which is a technology which allows your computer to run Flash Player etc, basically it's hardware acceleration. Hope it's made it more clearer, but you shouldn't be getting errors.

Dang, after further research, I just discovered that any of the ATI mobility cards do not support QE/CI, which is why I keep getting that error after upgrading to 10.6.7. Well, there goes the possibility of making iOS applications. :lol:

Thanks for the guide though, it's quite straightforward!

Try these:

- Look in your BIOS for "MaxCPUID" if there is something along the lines, disable it.

- Try USBBusFix=Yes

- Go to your Activity Monitor and check to see if you have 2 instances of CPU Usage. If so then you have both cores working. If you are looking at the System Profiler it my not show the correct # of cores. Activity Monitor is the most accurate.

Hello thanks for the advice, the motherboard i have is quite basic when it comes to bios settings i have nothing at all for overclocking/changing cpu parameters.

I tried usbbusfix=yes with no success i am going too post in the dsdt forum see if any expereinced users would be able too pick up any problems i have perhaps missed

if anyone else could help me in the right direction it would be much appreciated =D

Hello thanks for the advice, the motherboard i have is quite basic when it comes to bios settings i have nothing at all for overclocking/changing cpu parameters.

I tried usbbusfix=yes with no success i am going too post in the dsdt forum see if any expereinced users would be able too pick up any problems i have perhaps missed

if anyone else could help me in the right direction it would be much appreciated =D

did you check activity? system profiler could be wrong.

did you check activity? system profiler could be wrong.

Yes i checked it with no success

I posted my dsdt on the dsdt forum if you could perhaps have a look and see if it is a problem with that as i am not 100% sure about dsdts , i have been researching for a month with no progress.

I feel like i am ready too give up on the osx86 project until i get a new system as it is rather annoying only having 1 core enabled, you genuises are my last hope :D

I use my system for music production and djin so it is a big loss of resources only having 1 core enabled.

would any other boot flags help me , the flags i tried usually were arch=i386 cpus=2 busratio=18 -v (my cpu is only x 13 ) but as the guide stated i tried too see if it made a difference yet i still cannot get it booting with 2 cores

Thanks for Reading :D

I'm sorry if im re-asking a question that has already been asked, but I was wondering if my Mobo was compatible Its aASUS M4A78LT-M AM3 AMD 760G I also have a Phenom II x4 B55 3.2Ghz And a Radeon HD 6770 I had trouble before with Kernal Panic when I tried to fix my sound, also I wonder if I can boot it from my slave drive, Thanks for all the help.

Hi Guys!

Does anyone know if this guide will work with the following setup?:

Phenom II X6 1090t

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890GX

Sapphire HD 6870

Thanks!

Should do, I'm sure there can be help established if needed, PM me if you get stuck during guide.

I'm sorry if im re-asking a question that has already been asked, but I was wondering if my Mobo was compatible Its aASUS M4A78LT-M AM3 AMD 760G I also have a Phenom II x4 B55 3.2Ghz And a Radeon HD 6770 I had trouble before with Kernal Panic when I tried to fix my sound, also I wonder if I can boot it from my slave drive, Thanks for all the help.

Don't know about booting slave drive, but if everything is working before sound, it should be the sounds kexts problem, which can be resolved another way, you're motherboard is nearly same as mine, you're processor shouldn't be an issue;.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello from me too!!Very nice quide at last i finally get my hackintos to work with working gpu and my dual monitors working properly!!i have also some questions to ask!!first do we have allways to add the arch flag at bootloader to boot or it will boot at is own...(fyi i didnt install the 10.6.8 im at 10.6.7) 2)there are importand changes to the new 10.6.8 version or its just waste of time to install it..and third and most important i have a gigabyte ga-ma785gt-ud3h motherboard and the most important for now that isnt working is the sound...i dont want to start installing kexts and destroy it again so im asking you if you have a working kext for realtek hd audio!!thanks!!

• 2 months later...

I tried following your guide and when I got to adding my device id, I have a 6870 and there was no ATI6000Controller.kext so I added my device id to ATI5000Controller.kext. I followed the rest of the instructions to upgrade to 10.6.7 but when it reboots the computer hangs at Device in slot -- 1. Any help?

Specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 955

AMD Radeon HD 6870

4GB RAM

1TB HDD