• Please log in to reply
833 replies to this topic

RemoteWorks

RemoteWorks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Thank you! But, do you know what is funny? I put the step values ​​of MP8,3.plist inside the IM12,2.plist... and after 30/40 minutes of use I reached 37 ... now I have 9 States :) Let's see how this will work with 10.7.1 Update ;)

Hmm did not test that, but using the MP8,3.plist for a longer period it reached the 37 step.

RW

Attached Files

St1ll

St1ll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Guys, I'm using the default dsdt, and the cpu frequency is stuck at 34x instead of 44x.

I'm getting 11500 points with Geekbench, and I don't understand if the cpu is actually running at 34x or 44x; it's a 2600k.

I'm not even able to use the dsdt posted in this thread, since I didn't figure out how to change it and what to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,859 posts
Remove DropSSDT and your SSDT table dumps from /Extra and see what happens.

Babiloe

Babiloe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

The FactoryAML.zip is attached here so that you can see (after extracting the tables) what I did – by using diff and/or FileMerge.

i wish there is factory dsl so i can study the differences.

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Guys,

Was just wondering do you still need to make a SSDT considering Chameleon is suppose to autocreate p + c states?

Thanks.

System: Asus Z68 Deluxe w/ 2600K cpu.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,859 posts

do you still need to make a SSDT considering Chameleon is suppose to autocreate p + c states?

See this topic for discussion of that question:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=225766

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,517 posts

Guys,

Was just wondering do you still need to make a SSDT considering Chameleon is suppose to autocreate p + c states?

Thanks.

System: Asus Z68 Deluxe w/ 2600K cpu.

Don't use the Chameleon functions but the native power management.
Take a look here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276238

rawmassen

rawmassen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 92 posts
Hi guys,

Considering this is a mini version of the P8P67 Pro, and the P67 Sabretooth is the P8P67 Pro with a few resistor upgrades, will this work for the P67 Sabertooth?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,859 posts
You can't use it as-is, but what you can probably do with great results is take the DSDT from here and adapt the modifications to your own DSDT where applicable.

DSDTs are "personal", never use someone elses's DSDT as-is, even if they have the same motherboard as you. ACPI table contents will differ depending on motherboard revision, BIOS version, BIOS settings and amount of installed RAM.

Always extract and modify your own.

axm

axm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Ok, I have extracted my DSDT using the Ubuntu-Live-CD method... how do I know, which patches I have to apply in "DSDT Editor"?

I think, that the patch from http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php are no more up-to-date, right?

I own a asus P8P67-M PRO mainboard, and I work already with the new 3K Bios (a patched version 3602, with the Cmos-Fix). I currently using a DSDT.aml which I have found on a thread somewhere in the internet... but now I wan't to have a clean solution for MY configuration.

Attached File  DSDT_P8P67-MPRO_3602mod.zip   53.99KB   15 downloads
This is the original extracted DSDT from ubuntu... no modifications...
Can someone say me, which patches I have to apply?

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,209 posts
:help:

Guy please ...how resolve this problem
In Gm have this error in kernel log
ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::loadStepperContext - pmCPUControl (pmioctlPStateContext_t) failed, result = 0x16
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

VultUx

VultUx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::loadStepperContext - pmCPUControl (pmioctlPStateContext_t) failed, result = 0x16
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

Try another Mac Model, I'm using iMac 12,2 with a Core i7 2600k, I sent you a private msg.

About AGPM Controller error I founded some info in a Korean post that I guy suggested this:

Open AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
Look in Info.plist if the file have the ID for you video card.

For example my video card is a ATI 6850 ID=6739 and I'm using iMac 12,2 in SMBios, the <key> for my video card don't appear for iMac 12,2 see the original code below:

Original
<key>iMac12,2</key>
   <dict>
	  <key>Vendor1002Device6720</key>
	  <dict>...
	  <key>Vendor1002Device6722</key>
	  <dict>...
	  <key>Vendor1002Device6740</key>
	  <dict>...
   </dict>
So I just copied the code from 6740 (ATI 6770) and renamed to 6739, I know that isn't the perfect solution but I didn't find the codes to 6739 in any place and the cards are similar.

EDITED
<key>iMac12,2</key>
   <dict>
	  <key>Vendor1002Device6720</key>
	  <dict>...
	  <key>Vendor1002Device6722</key>
	  <dict>...
	  <key>Vendor1002Device6740</key>
	  <dict>...
	  <key>Vendor1002Device6739</key>
	  <dict>...
   </dict>
After that the AGPM error gone, now I see the msg [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor1002Device6739 in log file.

Sorry about the bad english and all credits to the Korean Guy, I don't know the name cause was writing in Korean.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,209 posts
I have resolve with error agpm ....i have installed legacy agpm kext .
But have again error acpi_smc bla bla bla.....and i use smbios 12,2 for my 2700k...
All strange if delete file plist 12.2 from plug in acpi_smc dont have error....and my pstate work only three pstate 16 35 49 ...this only 10.7.4 and gm , but in 10.7.3 all perfect .
Unterstound friend?

shiecldk

shiecldk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Search the thread please, DHP posted a diff. You also need to change vendor/device in that plist.
I currently don't use the mod, because I want to understand the QSC package first. I do have the iMac12,2 plist in there, but it shouldn't match on the stock device ids present there.

Hi, flAked
Have you figured out how to edit QSC in AGPM??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy