DSDT for Asus P8P67-M PRO

Time2Retire

834 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

You can't use it as-is, but what you can probably do with great results is take the DSDT from here and adapt the modifications to your own DSDT where applicable.

DSDTs are "personal", never use someone elses's DSDT as-is, even if they have the same motherboard as you. ACPI table contents will differ depending on motherboard revision, BIOS version, BIOS settings and amount of installed RAM.

Always extract and modify your own.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have extracted my DSDT using the Ubuntu-Live-CD method... how do I know, which patches I have to apply in "DSDT Editor"?

I think, that the patch from http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php are no more up-to-date, right?

I own a asus P8P67-M PRO mainboard, and I work already with the new 3K Bios (a patched version 3602, with the Cmos-Fix). I currently using a DSDT.aml which I have found on a thread somewhere in the internet... but now I wan't to have a clean solution for MY configuration.

DSDT_P8P67-MPRO_3602mod.zip

This is the original extracted DSDT from ubuntu... no modifications...

Can someone say me, which patches I have to apply?

• 1 month later...

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::loadStepperContext - pmCPUControl (pmioctlPStateContext_t) failed, result = 0x16
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

Try another Mac Model, I'm using iMac 12,2 with a Core i7 2600k, I sent you a private msg.

About AGPM Controller error I founded some info in a Korean post that I guy suggested this:

Open AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

Look in Info.plist if the file have the ID for you video card.

For example my video card is a ATI 6850 ID=6739 and I'm using iMac 12,2 in SMBios, the <key> for my video card don't appear for iMac 12,2 see the original code below:

Original

<key>iMac12,2</key>
  <dict>
  <key>Vendor1002Device6720</key>
  <dict>...
  <key>Vendor1002Device6722</key>
  <dict>...
  <key>Vendor1002Device6740</key>
  <dict>...
  </dict>

So I just copied the code from 6740 (ATI 6770) and renamed to 6739, I know that isn't the perfect solution but I didn't find the codes to 6739 in any place and the cards are similar.

EDITED

<key>iMac12,2</key>
  <dict>
  <key>Vendor1002Device6720</key>
  <dict>...
  <key>Vendor1002Device6722</key>
  <dict>...
  <key>Vendor1002Device6740</key>
  <dict>...
  <key>Vendor1002Device6739</key>
  <dict>...
  </dict>

After that the AGPM error gone, now I see the msg [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor1002Device6739 in log file.

Sorry about the bad english and all credits to the Korean Guy, I don't know the name cause was writing in Korean.

I have resolve with error agpm ....i have installed legacy agpm kext .

But have again error acpi_smc bla bla bla.....and i use smbios 12,2 for my 2700k...

All strange if delete file plist 12.2 from plug in acpi_smc dont have error....and my pstate work only three pstate 16 35 49 ...this only 10.7.4 and gm , but in 10.7.3 all perfect .

Unterstound friend?

• 3 months later...

Search the thread please, DHP posted a diff. You also need to change vendor/device in that plist.

I currently don't use the mod, because I want to understand the QSC package first. I do have the iMac12,2 plist in there, but it shouldn't match on the stock device ids present there.

Hi, flAked

Have you figured out how to edit QSC in AGPM??