Asus P8P67 Pro install guide

Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

Thanks for the handy guide! But how come there is no DSDT used in this method? We won't be able to get sleep working without using sleep enabler then, right?

Also, does anyone have sleep working properly? I see a few different responses in the thread and my own install is almost done, but was curious if any particular values in the BIOS need to be set.

Thanks for the guide Andy! Your boot cd gives me a KP that states something to the effect of ACPI driver not found. I have tried plugging my hard drive into every different sata port, uninstalling 4gb of RAM , taking out one of my video cards, and booting with the safe mode flag, changing BIOS options such as lowering the cpu multi and changing the sata config from ACPI to IDE, and probably other things I can't remember. I've read somewhere that it may be related to incompatible firmware on the DVD drive perhaps. I also tried booting with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy but I get the same KP. I'm not sure what I'm overlooking here? I haven't run into this problem on previous builds and search is coming up empty.

Core i5 2500K

P8P67 PRO rev B3

8GB RAM (4x2)

wd caviar blue 500GB

2x radeon 5770

cheap liteon DVD drive unknown model

My processor finally came in yesterday so i popped it in and followed your guide, the only thing that caused me a little bit of trouble was the restart after the combo update prior to running the P8P67 PRO installer package. Other than that everything went fairly smooth. I'm assuming osx doesn't support PS/2 keyboards and mice? as i have been unable to get any of the ones i have to work.

Things that are working:

- Boot from hdd

- Full graphics acceleration

harder to come up with things that do work as the majority of it does.

Things that are not working:

- Sleep, can go to sleep but cannot wake from sleep (tried sleepenabler.kext however it caused kernel panic at boot so i deleted)

- Bluetooth

- Ethernet (couldn't get it to work via powerline ethernet kit, but may work directly connected to router)

- Front panel audio (i have a storm scout case that supports both front panel HD Audio and the AC'97 Audio however upon trying both, could get neither to work).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get some of these things working i am all ears.

Will update if i can find anything else that doesn't work or if i am able to get something working.

Thanks for the great guide andy! will be following this guide closely for more updates.

Guest ^Andy^
My processor finally came in yesterday so i popped it in and followed your guide, the only thing that caused me a little bit of trouble was the restart after the combo update prior to running the P8P67 PRO installer package. Other than that everything went fairly smooth. I'm assuming osx doesn't support PS/2 keyboards and mice? as i have been unable to get any of the ones i have to work.

Things that are working:

- Boot from hdd

- Full graphics acceleration

harder to come up with things that do work as the majority of it does.

Things that are not working:

- Sleep, can go to sleep but cannot wake from sleep (tried sleepenabler.kext however it caused kernel panic at boot so i deleted)

- Bluetooth

- Ethernet (couldn't get it to work via powerline ethernet kit, but may work directly connected to router)

- Front panel audio (i have a storm scout case that supports both front panel HD Audio and the AC'97 Audio however upon trying both, could get neither to work).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get some of these things working i am all ears.

Will update if i can find anything else that doesn't work or if i am able to get something working.

Thanks for the great guide andy! will be following this guide closely for more updates.

You should be able to find a kext for ps2 keyboard and mouse support failrly easily - I didn't include them in the package as I don't use them. Bluetooth works for me however it's not 100% reliable - I keep meaning to try and hunt down a specific kext or mod the existing ones with the correct device id's however havn;t had much time lately.

Sleep - I always disable so that probably doesn't work for me either - maybe a modified dsdt or sleepenabler kext (if one exists for 10.6.7) will fix that too.

Ethernet should work but you may have to go into network preferences before it detects the controller properly.

Guest ^Andy^
Hi Andy :D

Are you using a disabler for the AppleCPUPowerManagement ?

The SS works ?

NullCPUPowerManagement

SS? :o

So far, so good on an Asus P8H67-M EVO + i7 2600 (non-K) & 8G RAM. I have Turbo Boost & EIST disabled or I get KP's. I also ended up installing Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx driver via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Now to try getting the GTX 460 going ...

Thanks!

What will i have to change in the BIOS?

Can I use 10.6.3 CD Snow Leopard to use from Andy Boot loader?

What kexts do i need and where can i get them?

I will use an ASUS P8P67 PRO Motherboard, and Intel i7 2600k.

This is my first Hackintosh build and i am a bit nervous!(haha)

Please bare with me and PLEASsSsSEeEeEeEeE help me out!

Thanks!!

You should be able to find a kext for ps2 keyboard and mouse support failrly easily - I didn't include them in the package as I don't use them. Bluetooth works for me however it's not 100% reliable - I keep meaning to try and hunt down a specific kext or mod the existing ones with the correct device id's however havn;t had much time lately.

Sleep - I always disable so that probably doesn't work for me either - maybe a modified dsdt or sleepenabler kext (if one exists for 10.6.7) will fix that too.

Ethernet should work but you may have to go into network preferences before it detects the controller properly.

thanks for the help! i'll definitely search for those ps2 keyboard and mouse kexts then! Be sure to let us know if you happen to find out how to get the bluetooth working consistently :) and until i can locate a working sleep enabler kext, i'll be sure to disable sleep.

thanks again for coming back to this thread over and over again willing to give people advice and help out! it means a lot to us noobs that don't really understand the workings of a hackintosh or osx in general.

-brant

I posted a topic related. I tried your bootloader with P8P67 LE and good a chameleon freeze.

It tries to check all bootable devices (I see the cdrom image, the ntfs logo of the first partition, and the 2 others entries are just garbage display) and freeze while displaying them.

Hey guys noob problem...I already have a nearly perfect build using Tonymac's install method, but then I applied this in an attempt to get the audio working and the OS to boot from the HDD. Before, it would sit on the Apple logo and do nothing. With this, it looks nicer, but the Apple logo just flashes for a second and then reboots. Anyone experiencing the same thing? Btw, I'm running an i5-2400 with ATI 5770 and an Intel DH67CL motherboard.

Hey guys noob problem...I already have a nearly perfect build using Tonymac's install method, but then I applied this in an attempt to get the audio working and the OS to boot from the HDD. Before, it would sit on the Apple logo and do nothing. With this, it looks nicer, but the Apple logo just flashes for a second and then reboots. Anyone experiencing the same thing? Btw, I'm running an i5-2400 with ATI 5770 and an Intel DH67CL motherboard.

not trying to be an ass seeing as i'm a noob at this as well but my guess would be that your problem lies somewhere in the fact that the install package on andy's CD was made specifically for ASUS P8P67 PRO motherboards not the Intel DH67CL motherboard you say you have. Sure his package may have the audio kext you need but when using the installer, it is going to install all the kexts whether you need them or not which could likely cause problems.

not trying to be an ass seeing as i'm a noob at this as well but my guess would be that your problem lies somewhere in the fact that the install package on andy's CD was made specifically for ASUS P8P67 PRO motherboards not the Intel DH67CL motherboard you say you have. Sure his package may have the audio kext you need but when using the installer, it is going to install all the kexts whether you need them or not which could likely cause problems.

Well as I do recall...he said try it for any other Sandy Bridge Motherboard as well. I'm not blaming him for it not working and I wasn't really expecting it to anyway. I was just looking for something to fix my {censored}. And I believe this isn't totally for the P8P67 PRO, just tested and working on one.

Used the andyboot to install on p8p67 pro. Everything is working except bluetooth. Turbo does not seem to be working, what bios settings do we need to change to enable Speed step. Are people using sleep enabler with this setup to allow sleep? Anyone tried dsdt autopatcher wil that allow sleep?

Guest ^Andy^
Used the andyboot to install on p8p67 pro. Everything is working except bluetooth. Turbo does not seem to be working, what bios settings do we need to change to enable Speed step. Are people using sleep enabler with this setup to allow sleep? Anyone tried dsdt autopatcher wil that allow sleep?

Doof - (are you the same doof from Netkas site? - if so I'm the same Andy lol)

Bluetooth seems to work if you start windows first and then reboot into Snow Leopard - I need to fix this but due to having a 6970 in the pc now and hence a non bootable snow leopard install it's a bit tricky. I suspect just adding the correct device id into the IOBluetoothFamily.kext should do the trick.

Turbo as far as I can tell does work for me - I currently run at 4800 and I'm pretty sure my cinebench gpu scores were higher than when left at default (can't prove that right now due to the 6970 and not being able to boot etc).

I always disable sleep so not sure if that worked with the dsdt or not - I did try the dsdt from the auto patcher but it didnt seem to make any difference so I deleted it. I did notice on kexts.com that the same guy that decided to post my P8P67Pro package and claim it as his own has also posted somebody elses sleep enabler for the P8P67Pro so maybe that works - I've not tried it because as we all know by now I can't boot into snow leopard with my 6970 and I disable sleep anyway lol.

Probably not much help I admit but hey at least I am paying attention! :)

Can anyone post what BIOS settings they used to install this? Do you just use default with 32 cpu ratio and speedstep/turbo off? Thanks!

If you have a P8P67Pro just be sure to set drives to ahci - use whatever ratio you like and leave speedstep and turbo on - my ratio is set to 48 on my 2500k and it boots (or rather used to*) fine

*I replaced my AMD HD6870's with an HD6970 which isn't supported yet so can no longer boot snowy on this pc.

Well as I do recall...he said try it for any other Sandy Bridge Motherboard as well. I'm not blaming him for it not working and I wasn't really expecting it to anyway. I was just looking for something to fix my {censored}. And I believe this isn't totally for the P8P67 PRO, just tested and working on one.

Trevnerd - I can't help you much to be honest as I only ever tested on this one specific board but have seen a fair few comments on this and other forums stating that the bootcd (not the package) has worked on various other motherboards.

You probably already realised this but you shouldn't have installed the whole package - if the boot cd works for you then I would use it and remove all of the kexts from the extra/extensions folder except for FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement and then just install the kexts specific for your motherboard. Finally also delete the Extensions.mkext from the extra folder and then use kext utility to rebuild a clean one.

Guest ^Andy^
Hey Andy,

I've just got my build together, and when I try to boot from the CD I made from your ISO, I get an ACPI based kernel panic. What are the boot settings I need to change for it to work?

I dont use any boot flags at all. What motherboard are you trying this on?

Andy, used your boot cd and installer package on my P8P67 pro and it worked perfectly, thank you for all the work you put into this.

Only problems I'm having are bluetooth doesn't work (booting into windows and then OS X didn't fix it for me), and I was having an audio pop before I played audio if the system had put the audio hardware to sleep (happens after 30 seconds). Gordo on the tonymac forums helped me fix that out though, changing the system definition to MacPro 3,1 causes the system to not go to sleep (only happens on laptops which with the definition set to Macbook it was acting as).

Guest ^Andy^
Andy, used your boot cd and installer package on my P8P67 pro and it worked perfectly, thank you for all the work you put into this.

Only problems I'm having are bluetooth doesn't work (booting into windows and then OS X didn't fix it for me), and I was having an audio pop before I played audio if the system had put the audio hardware to sleep (happens after 30 seconds). Gordo on the tonymac forums helped me fix that out though, changing the system definition to MacPro 3,1 causes the system to not go to sleep (only happens on laptops which with the definition set to Macbook it was acting as).

I use a definition of iMac11,3 and a matching serial number on my system - that way I can do clean installs straight from the 2011 mbp install dvd. That may be why I have never noticed the popping audio.

Bluetooth should hopefully be an easy fix possibly just adding the correct id's to the right kext file. I've not had time to look into this due to not currently having a bootable hack install on my p8p67 pro (I upgraded the graphics to a 6970 and relegated the 6870's to my spare P5Q Deluxe based hack).

Hi, Andy First I would like to thank you for taking the time to make this CD and Guide.

I am having issues installing this on my computer here are my specs.

Asus p8h67-m pro

Intel i5 2500k

Ati Radeon HD 5570

Crucial DDR3 Ram

Seagate 1 tb Hard drive

In the Bios I loaded Defaults and changed sata to AHCI and thats it.

I made an install USB from a retail DMG and im using your bootloader. I put in your disc along with with the USB Flash Drive, and the installer boots up fine I Partition the Hard drive to Mac Extended (Journaled) then I hit customize and I remove all the languages and printer's etc... then I hit install this is where my problem is, it goes down to about half way threw then it gives me a screen with an exclamation mark and says

Install Failed

Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer

The Installer Could Not copy the Necessary support Files

click ok to restart your computer and try installing again.

I already tried taking out a stick of ram and the Graphics Card.

Please help ;) And Thanks in Advance.