[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1507 replies to this topic

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hello every one , i was bale to install ML , but my graphics are not working , resolution is low , the link on page 1323 is no longer working , Could you please help me with the right Kexts to work on my GT 230 video card ? thanks in advance ... :thumbsup_anim:

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Hello every one , i was bale to install ML , but my graphics are not working , resolution is low , the link on page 1323 is no longer working , Could you please help me with the right Kexts to work on my GT 230 video card ? thanks in advance ... :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.mediafire...encn72dq4q755xf

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Thanks Yehia Amer , I appreciate your help ! I will test it today ......... :thumbsup_anim:

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Just to let you know , and thank all of you for the help , and Yehia Amer for the video kexts , I tried it , and all works great! Video is great , at the highest res , I even put the Generic Brightness Kext and it made it better , also used the
SuperCal 1-1 on the Color Synch profile to make the colors and vidoe much better ! Wi-Fi works ! Audio is perfect , sleeps when close the screen , and wakes once i open it , thanks again to all of you for the help ! Now I need to check on the Battery status , maybe use the Smartbattery .kext from Lion to see if it works

:thumbsup_anim: :wink2:

wael

wael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Just to let you know , and thank all of you for the help , and Yehia Amer for the video kexts , I tried it , and all works great! Video is great , at the highest res , I even put the Generic Brightness Kext and it made it better , also used the
SuperCal 1-1 on the Color Synch profile to make the colors and vidoe much better ! Wi-Fi works ! Audio is perfect , sleeps when close the screen , and wakes once i open it , thanks again to all of you for the help ! Now I need to check on the Battery status , maybe use the Smartbattery .kext from Lion to see if it works

:thumbsup_anim: :wink2:

great that you have your system running i have the same hp and i am on 10.7.4 i need to know steps how to instal ml if you can help me thanx

chrispypatt

chrispypatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I was wondering if you could post your brightness kext up here because my brightness does not work. Could you also post your color sync profile? My USB ports dont always work. I have usb fix on but some will work and some wont. It always changes too. does anyone have any ideas?

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

great that you have your system running i have the same hp and i am on 10.7.4 i need to know steps how to instal ml if you can help me thanx

Hi Wael , just fallow any of the good tutorial in this forum on installing the new OX ML , with a USB

I was wondering if you could post your brightness kext up here because my brightness does not work. Could you also post your color sync profile? My USB ports dont always work. I have usb fix on but some will work and some wont. It always changes too. does anyone have any ideas?

Here are the kexts, enjoy ! :thumbsup_anim:

for some reason , the system would not allow me to attach the Super Cal 1-1 color sync profile :wallbash:

Attached Files

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I noticed that airdrop was not on my new ML OX , i needed to send some files from my desktop , to my laptop like before , then i found this easy little trick of how to enable it . If anybody needs it like i did , here it is , use terminal , and copy and paste this in to it:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

Press enter, restart computer , and it will be on your finder .

chrispypatt

chrispypatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hi Wael , just fallow any of the good tutorial in this forum on installing the new OX ML , with a USB

Here are the kexts, enjoy ! :thumbsup_anim:

for some reason , the system would not allow me to attach the Super Cal 1-1 color sync profile :wallbash:

For some reason the brightness kext woudnt work for me. Probably a DSDT problem but I am not too worried about it. Once again though, if anyone has any ideas about my USB problem please let me know! Thanks

I noticed that airdrop was not on my new ML OX , i needed to send some files from my desktop , to my laptop like before , then i found this easy little trick of how to enable it . If anybody needs it like i did , here it is , use terminal , and copy and paste this in to it:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

Press enter, restart computer , and it will be on your finder .

Thanks for sharing That! :star_sunglasses:

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

For some reason the brightness kext woudnt work for me. Probably a DSDT problem but I am not too worried about it. Once again though, if anyone has any ideas about my USB problem please let me know! Thanks

Thanks for sharing That! :star_sunglasses:

attached is my DSDT to see if it works for you , it has been patched with most fixes , use at your own risk , the only difference i see is you have 8 gigs of ram ,

here is my DSDT , just take the .zip out

Attached Files

antoniodapc

antoniodapc

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 546 posts
Those Kets do not work for my Nvidia GT 540 M.
am I doing something wrong ?

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Those Kets do not work for my Nvidia GT 540 M.
am I doing something wrong ?

If you noticed , the kexts are for our HP DV8 with nVidia GT 230M, with a DSDT fix , the reason they do not work on yours

antoniodapc

antoniodapc

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 546 posts
Can You do it work well on my NTB ?

I am not able to edit my DSDT.

Can you give me a hand please?

Attach DSDT Samsun RC 530 S06 Nvidia GT 540 M

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
After upgrade to 10.7.5 & 10.8.2 I have no battery icon ans sleep don't work, (tested to close the lid and from the menu)

Any one else see this ? and what can the solution be?

//Peter

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

After upgrade to 10.7.5 & 10.8.2 I have no battery icon ans sleep don't work, (tested to close the lid and from the menu)

Any one else see this ? and what can the solution be?

//Peter

Hi Peter , my sleep and wake works by opening the screen , no kext needed , battery , I used the Glsy method and kext , found here

http://www.insanelym...pic=264597&st=0

:thumbsup_anim:

wael

wael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hi all i found a way to INSTAL 10.8.1 AND EVERY THING WORKED OKAY but audio i used vodoohda and it worked but when booting if the flag is not -v will not see the audio i tried to upgrade for 10.8.2 but it gives me kernel panic any one try update or we should wait for patched kernel thanx

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
installed 10.8.2 12c54 ,works but you still need the dp2 kexts(hasn't anyone sorted this out yet?).

And of course cpus=1 till lapic fix arrives!!!(damn hp :worried_anim: )

wael

wael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
is there any guide to patch the kernel for lapic ? i hope we can do it or try to learn it
and about batching dsdt i need some one help me patching my dsdt for my

HP DV8t-1100 CTO (VF836AAR)

cuz i am using the one from here

YOur Kext did not work for me but it may be my DSDT. Was your DSDT customized? Is your laptop the same kind as mine? If it is could you give me your DSDT?

UK version, 1080EA

it works good but i believe that is another model than mine so that my patched applehda didnt work
thanx great forum for all your help

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

is there any guide to patch the kernel for lapic ? i hope we can do it or try to learn it
and about batching dsdt i need some one help me patching my dsdt for my

HP DV8t-1100 CTO (VF836AAR)

cuz i am using the one from here

it works good but i believe that is another model than mine so that my patched applehda didnt work
thanx great forum for all your help

here is the guide you requested for the kernel

http://www.enigma.id...ompile_xnu.html

Also , I posted my DSDT , it should work on yours.

wael

wael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

here is the guide you requested for the kernel

http://www.enigma.id...ompile_xnu.html

Also , I posted my DSDT , it should work on yours.

thanx oskr66 for replying yeah the only dsdt worked with me is yours but i cant fix my audio with applehda first as your model like mine coud you plz tell me
what is kext in your extra folder
and what kext you install in s/l/e
if you can help me by collect them and upload them here for me i ll appreciate that
and did you try 10.8.2 i think patched kernel is complicated :)

something else i have 8 gb ram do i have to add any thing in dsdt ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy