[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

strange, i was not able to boot the installer until i renamed EHC1 to EHC01 and like wise.

Did you replace all instances in the dsdt to change these?its a zero(0) and not "o". try using find and replace option in maciasl.

take a look at the usb fix thread here :     [GUIDE] USB Fix El Capitan 10.11    

By the way does your AppleLPC.kext load in el capitan and what are your cpu temperatures ?

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody , I managed to install  " El Capitan "  it seems that everything works , I just have a problem with graphics , I can not boot with out "Nv_disable=1" , can somebody share their graphics Kexts to work with our graphics card ?  I replaced the " NV kexts"  as recommended  but it did not helped , also my USB 's work , well at least the 2 ports on right side of computer , thanks in advance .... :)

no need for kexts, inject nvidia in dsdt and use the same config plist as before working for yosemite.

Thanks , I did  not realized that I had the wrong dsdt , changed it to my original dsdt and it worked , now everything works , wi-fi , FaceTime , iMessage , sound , all USB's

the only thing i see is that I might not have the power management working as it used to be ....  checking on that ...  

I will post an easy little tutorial of how I installed El Capitan with all my kexts and files used for the ones that might need help 

Here is what I did to get " El Capitan installed on my DV8t-1100 

Please note that in no way I claim to be an "expert " , all information and knowledge I learned  it here in this forum , I have created or installed many other " Hackintoshes "  that I personally use , but in  no way I have all the answers in this topic.  ALL CREDIT goes to many people in this great forum who helped me in making my 3 hackintoshes, the latest and most expensive is a Dual Xeon  8 Core each  E5- 2640 , with 128 Gigs of ram , I use this for my video editing and After effects rendering .

Ok now  the guide : 

You will need

An 8 Gig  USB drive 

El Capitan app in your applications folder

Fake SMC kext , USBInjectAll Kext , VoodooPs2 Kext

Boot loader of your choice  ( Clover or Cham ) 

Step 1:

To start , format your drive to a single partition , name it " USB "  and use the  " Extended -Journaled format 

Step 2:

Use this code  with terminal to install the OS X El Capitan Installer on the USB drive

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

Hit enter and wait till it will say " Complete " 

This will create your  USB Installer 

Step 3:

Download the latest Clover Installer  , ( I used r3330 ) 

Install it on your " USB " drive 

Use the " Legacy Mode " with drivers64 ,

I used NvmExpressDxe-64

PS2Mouse-64

UsbMouse-64

VBoxExt2-64

Then check on  " Install RC Scripts on target Volume

Click install and wait till done 

Step 4:

Open your EFI folder 

Now you can install your dsdt and ssdt  if available , and your FakeSMC Kext , USBInjectAll.Kext and VoodooPS2 Kext

Install dsdt in  EFI /Clover/ ACPI / Patched     folder 

install your FakeSMC, USBInjectAll , and VoodooPS2 Kexts  in  EFI / Clover / Kexts / 10.11   folder 

I used the original created config.plist to boot in to the installed  OS X drive , you can install or change your SMBIOS  in  config.plist  as needed 

Step 5:

Restart computer and Boot with USB drive , use  -v  cpus=1  nv_disable=1   to  install " El capitan OS X "  in your drive 

Step 6 :

Once installed in hard drive it will reboot , do not remove USB installer , boot this time in to your new Installed " El Capitan " drive , it will take you thru all settings and finally to your desktop screen 

Install Clover with same settings as your USB installer 

Install dsdt and kexts the same way as your USB installer 

Install your Audio Kexts with Kext Wizard

Reboot with out your USB installer drive , you will need to add only    -V  this time 

Enjoy your new El Capitan DV8

FakeSMC.kext.zip

USBInjectAll.kext.zip

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

HDAEnabler3.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Anybody tried to install Sierra ?   I was able to install sierra , but after the set up and second reboot I get black screen , I tried to change all of the nVidia graphics kexts but no luck , tried different Config.plists also , nothing .....  any ideas ? 

I was able to  install sierra , got graphics working only with the USB installer on , if I remove Installer USB I get no graphics , I will continue to experiment with it , also , I was not able to get the  wi-fi to work , 

• 2 months later...

I can't install Sierra

I got an error message saying that "Still waiting for root device", google & tried every solutions but none works, I can't even boot in Safe mode

I tried different settings Config.plists (Clover) but so far none works

I even tried successful DSDT.aml from previous Chameleon bootloader but still failed

"Still waiting for root device"

• 2 months later...

I can't install Sierra

@Nghia and All...

FWIW I have Sierra running and looks quite stable so far. Details:

• Using latest Clover in legacy mode all the time.
  • I was NOT able to install directly from USB.
  • Instead, I had to install Yosemite (from USB) as directed in previous posts.
  • And then update from Apple Store, initial upgrade failed thou.
  • I received a failed message (in the second stage (after automatic re-booting)) and after googling...
  • The workaround required that the Sierra partition be the 1st one in the (my case: gpt) partitioned disk
  • More precisely:
    • I boot legacy clover from a mbr partitioned hdd disk
    • i had 2 identical Yosemite partitions in another gpt ssd 
    • I ran 1st stage upgrade in the 2nd partition pointing the actual upgrade to the 1st one
    • The second stage ran from the 1st partition and ran successfully this time.

Now... It seems  rather usable so far but still not sure what i missed, because in both Yosemite and Sierra:

• No sound, and I tried this path: with a Kext installer I replaced (in SLE) the AppleHDA with the patched one, included HDAEnable3 and changed the Clover configurator, Device -> Audio -> Inject -> 3 advised in previous post. Now working using VoodooHDA-2.8.8 package.
  • USB2 (no usb3 in this dv7) only works consistently in the right-hand ports.
  • The left-hand ones seemed to work straight out of the box, but it turned out that they work only about 1% of the times i boot, not even wakeup problems in the equations yet.
  • I closely followed rehabman's  SDDT/Port injection guide and thou that trimmed port allocation the behavior didn't change.
  • This seems to be a different bug because as you can see in ioregs included:
    • Even when working 1rst internal hub (left ports) EH01 seems buggy (garbage in device-id for ex.)
    • When failing the whole EH01 hub is grayed out as not recognized at all.
    • The second hub EH02 has no problem and corresponds to the right-handed ports
  • Web cam works ok when EH01 happens to be recognized (due to the fact that it is wired to the 1rst hub)

Currently out of ideas... I will appreciate any pointers in the right direction even if they are about El Capitan

-----------------------

HP DV7-3180us | Core i7-720QM 1.6GHz | nVidia GeForce GT 230M w/ 1024MB | 17" 1600x900 display + External Viewsonic VP2365wb 1920 x 1080 | 6GB RAM | 600GB HHD mbr Booting Clover Legacy| 1TB SSD gpt containing OS X 10.12.3 (1st partition) & OS X 10.10 & Ubuntu

config.plist 2.zip

HPuesDv7PachFailed.ioreg.zip

HPuesDv7PachDespesAlrebesadoPuertosProbados.ioreg.zip

• 5 months later...

Hello EVERYONE!! 

This is a fantastic topic for the DV series and has helped me a lot.

Since many people here have similar laptops i would like to share my files here for everyone to enjoy! (and perhaps improve some things)

I am running 10.12.6 on this laptop and running since 10.8.5

Working status: Everything except->>

-Backlight (simply cannot get it right, some help would be welcome)

-Camera (It is my specific model that does not have serial No. --not that i care much.

-Fan Control (Correct readings though)

For audio i am using Voodoo with the volume slider fix, Patched AppleHda andHdaEnabler work but have something like white noise when adjusting volume and also random pops from the subwoofer at times.

Here they are, thank you insanelymac and all the community.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gj8blayj0ucqaen/Dv7-3020ea.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@dysnos80,

Hi running 10.13 17A362a GM candidate here,

Everything except for the backlight control works for me, but then again we lost that from Sierra itself.

Although people with hybrid graphics have rehabmans option to get it working , we Nvidia users of this particular generation don't have any support.

May be it can be done, but it requires someone with knowledge of nix and more importantly is interested in these models, as it seems people have moved to newer laptops far back long.

So if someone knows how to work on to get the brightness slider working, Please help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@dysnos80,

Hi running 10.13 17A362a GM candidate here,

Everything except for the backlight control works for me, but then again we lost that from Sierra itself.

Although people with hybrid graphics have rehabmans option to get it working , we Nvidia users of this particular generation don't have any support.

May be it can be done, but it requires someone with knowledge of nix and more importantly is interested in these models, as it seems people have moved to newer laptops far back long.

So if someone knows how to work on to get the brightness slider working, Please help.

Yes , no matter what i tried it doesn't work.

How about Fan Control, i can only monitor Temps and RPM but no program will allow change..