[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1526 replies to this topic

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hello everyone!

Nice to see the thread is still going strong and is very helpful to all! I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Taptun once again for all the fine kernels he has provided us all! There are many others here too who have been INCREDIBLY awesome people (you all know who they are), helping in big ways as often as they can.

Wish me luck and pray for me as I am going in for an interview next week for an awesome wireless company called Xirrus http://www.xirrus.com (check 'em out)!

Thanks again to everyone!

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello everyone!

Nice to see the thread is still going strong and is very helpful to all! I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Taptun once again for all the fine kernels he has provided us all! There are many others here too who have been INCREDIBLY awesome people (you all know who they are), helping in big ways as often as they can.

Wish me luck and pray for me as I am going in for an interview next week for an awesome wireless company called Xirrus http://www.xirrus.com (check 'em out)!

MY BEST WISHES

Taptun

Taptun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Hello everyone!

Good luck :wink2:

itstafhim

itstafhim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have read through this forum. followed the directions. i have a core i3 dv6 3120us . i made the MIID and restore dvd on a 16gb usb. now everytime i try to boot off the usb and select macOS it reboots.

I had gotten to the prat where i formatted my hardrive into 4 partitions so now i basically have no operating system on my laptop. I have the MIID/Restore of MacOS on my 16GB flashdive. I have created the Cham, Macintosh HD, Windows 7, and OSX Repair.

So when i boot off the usb i get 3 options MIID OSX and Windows 7. when i select OSX it reboots.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!
(I've been doing this for 2 weeks now cant get it to work)

It does show that i have no DDST

Edited by itstafhim, 02 July 2012 - 06:24 PM.

nic.mroc

nic.mroc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Try booting with this flag: cpus=1 busratio= ?? (Use google to find the proper one for your cpu!...) .

@Mammoth GOOD LUCK! I hope you'll get the job! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hi folks,

Anyone tried Mountain Lion GM?

my install stalls with the follwing lines at boot,

DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController]....
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

And this also with -x-f -v commands ,so kernelcache cant be used and hence no kexts(voodoopscontroller.kext) in '/Extra/Extensions' get loaded hence trackpad/keyboard dont work,(use a usb mouse)

Seems to be a graphics issue that prevents the desktop from being loaded,others on the forum have reported the same finding but none have a fix right now.

Tried with graphicsenabler=yes (dont need it for 10.7.4),but no go.
Dont know why ,but 10.7.4 works fine .
This started from dp2 before that everything worked fine till dp1.

Any "HP dvx" pros with any fix or suggestions?

Thanks

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Hi,

I got the sane issue on my laptopt ;-(
It stops after DSMOS has arrived

So It might be a graphic card issue for us?

So I hope some gurus/"pros" jump in here and find a solution for us HP owner.

And I have tested almost all switches when booting ... no luck

//Peter

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Hi,

I got the sane issue on my laptopt ;-(
It stops after DSMOS has arrived

So It might be a graphic card issue for us?

So I hope some gurus/"pros" jump in here and find a solution for us HP owner.

And I have tested almost all switches when booting ... no luck

//Peter

I did try to remove the NV* kext and it's booting fine, but I'm not sure if it would be working to add them on a installed mountain Lion ...... ??

Perhaps I shall try to use 10-7 N* kext ???

//Peter

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
An update on my install --

Did as fresh install and after an initial boot with -x -f -v cpus=1 busratio=12 graphicsenabler=yes' ,was able to boot,repaired permissions and used kext wizard to repair mkext in /Extra and surprisingly was able to boot with everything working fine as with lion but with graphicsenabler=yes.

Unfortunately this lasted for a couple of reboots then randomly the boot stalls at the same point again.

Working perfectly and then randomly it stops as before,seems to me as a kernelcache issue or a chamaleon issue as I cant even make the installer usb bootable with the latest chameleon builds.
Had to use an old build -1979 to make the usb bootable.

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Exactly what I have seen also, som times it boot fine but only one time of hundred.... so it's not so stable , but it cant be so hard for some experts fix this?

I have sked if Chameleeon needs to be updatet for ML for our cards ,and latest version looks like it's fixed

11 hours 22 minutes 2014 ifabio: nVidia: - Add SusbIDs for GTS 250 (0615)

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
The new Cham works great, installet ML over L ,bur it doesn't works good with my graphic card, its very lagging, need to play more with this, and perhaps try some kext from 10.7

//Peter

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I'm giving up the ML now, Can't get the graphics card work ,it.s stops every time after DSMOS.............

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I deleted this kext NVDAResman.kext , now I can boot into ML, but of course my GPU is not injected.

Is our GPU banned from apple? is this possible to solve? more chameleon fix?

//Peter

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Good News
Apple Realeased Source code for Mountain Lion (10.8) and we can now add "Lapic fix" to the kernel :)
http://opensource.ap...e/mac-os-x-108/

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Good News
Apple Realeased Source code for Mountain Lion (10.8) and we can now add "Lapic fix" to the kernel :)
http://opensource.ap...e/mac-os-x-108/

@yehia Amer,
great news,
by the way can you help me with this problem of desktop not loading regularly as I have posted in posts 1306 and 1309 above.
Any help and suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

znal

znal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Lapic fix for OS X 10.8 available on http://www.osx86.net...12-kernels.html

Cheers. znal.

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
My own compiled lapic fixed 10.8 kernel (2050.7.9)
Compiled with below command ..... kernel are 8Mb.

http://dl.dropbox.co...mach_kernel.zip

make ARCH_CONFIGS=X86_64 KERNEL_CONFIGS=RELEASE

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Can someone post a quick tutorial of step by steps on the Installation and kext needed for 10.8 ? thanks

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

My own compiled lapic fixed 10.8 kernel (2050.7.9)
Compiled with below command ..... kernel are 8Mb.

http://dl.dropbox.co...mach_kernel.zip

make ARCH_CONFIGS=X86_64 KERNEL_CONFIGS=RELEASE

thanks
well I thought you had given up ,so have you sorted out the graphics problem yet,let me know.

Can someone post a quick tutorial of step by steps on the Installation and kext needed for 10.8 ? thanks

Well its exactly same as for lion with the same kexts,but for me the desktop loads inconsistently,(after5-7 boot attempts) and irrespective of any boot commands I use,it does not boot everytime(see above posts),but when it boots it works perfectly.

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
using NV kext only from DP2 works for me.....

//Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy