[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1495 replies to this topic

death_gr

death_gr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
i have a dv5-1080ev with lion 10.7.3.i installed lion only with iatkos l2 image(update directly from software update) and is working almost flawless.i need help to create a dsdt.aml for this to enable sleep and use audio built-in an no the voodoohda 2.7.3 which i
am using now. my laptop has a intel high definition audio 8086:293e, which alc kext it need's ?

forgive me for my english

Jugz

Jugz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:A challenge.

Taptun

mach_kernel patched for 10.7.3

http://www.osx86.net..._lapic.fix.html
or made in Taptun :rolleyes:
http://www.mediafire...swz9x9dp5mtryb4

uploads/monthly_02_2012/post-145476-0-47463300-1328630531_thumb.png

@Taptun

Thank you so much taptun.

I do not know what any of us would do without your hard work and dedication to the InsanelyMac community.

Where is the <3 button when you need it?

junoty

junoty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hey everyone I got the DV3-2154 CA, I am booting 10.6.7.

As of now everything works except ethernet, microphone, webcam and wifi

Wifi and qe/ci are incompatible but does anyone know where I could find drivers for webcam and mic? I also tried to get ethernet up and running but it has been a no go.

Also seems to work fairly well, is there any reason I would want to apply a DCDT patch (I havent yet).

Thanks!

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
Hi Taptun,

I have managed to install 10.7.2 Vanilla on my HP Pavilion.

The problem I am having is that the desktop resolution is set to 1024x768 even thought my laptop can do 1280x800.

Please can you advise me how to get this to work.

Thank you for your time.

All the test,

NSCXP2005

Jugz

Jugz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hey HP guys,

Installed OS X Mountain Lion and it was a success!
Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-02-17 at 7.00.36 PM.png   859.78KB   93 downloads

This is just fantastic news. Taptun, I'm wondering if you could possibly work on a patch for that kernel...

I know that is a lot to ask, but I know that you are the best for us HPers :)

Just in case, here is the Mountain Lion kernel: Attached File  mach_kernel.zip   6.14MB   30 downloads
(FYI, the kernel IS invisible)

Thanks InsanelyMac Community.

-Jugz

PS My iCloud never worked until the upgrade to 10.8 haha. Awesome! :thumbsup_anim:

kurtosavros

kurtosavros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hey everyone !!!
I will appreciate if the dv8 people can tell me weather or not the sound and the graphics enabler=no work cool, when you upgrade to 10.7.3
If yes, did you guys update the DSDTs?
Thanks...

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Hey HP guys,

Installed OS X Mountain Lion and it was a success!
Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-02-17 at 7.00.36 PM.png   859.78KB   93 downloads

This is just fantastic news. Taptun, I'm wondering if you could possibly work on a patch for that kernel...

I know that is a lot to ask, but I know that you are the best for us HPers :)

Just in case, here is the Mountain Lion kernel: Attached File  mach_kernel.zip   6.14MB   30 downloads
(FYI, the kernel IS invisible)

Thanks InsanelyMac Community.

-Jugz

PS My iCloud never worked until the upgrade to 10.8 haha. Awesome! :thumbsup_anim:

Jugz you need the source kernel to make the patched version so no I don't think it will be possible. I guess if it can be done via DSDT then yes or inject the patch through chamleon.

Jugz

Jugz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Jugz you need the source kernel to make the patched version so no I don't think it will be possible. I guess if it can be done via DSDT then yes or inject the patch through chamleon.

What is a source kernel? And that kernel I uploaded is the 10.8 kernel.

kurtosavros

kurtosavros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Any DSDTs available to upgrade my dv8t??

Mthinker

Mthinker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well hello there. So new Mac OS X is out then :thumbsup_anim: I just managed to get my system up and running finally about couple weeks ago and I am now running 10.7.3 on my computer. Followed guides posted here before. Biggest problem for me and mayby many other newbies here, was how I would get that DSDT file for my system.

But that was quite easy after all. You just get Ubuntu 10.10 live Cd, boot and in terminal -> sudo cat/proc/acpi/dsdt >dsdt.aml

So that was it. After that i finally managed get system up and running.

Of course there mayby should be some more patches in my DSDT file. My audio isnt working and also my wifi wont work. I think also that my battery system isnt working also. Whit graphics enabler my Nvidia card is reconized, I guess I could get audio also from my firewire audiosystem and ethernet is working also.

Here is my DSDT if someone wants to have look of it and mayby knows how to make some patches for my system.

Attached File  myDSDT.rar   20.33KB   9 downloads

Also usable for anybody whit same system I have.

I was little bit lost there for a while, but finally mistake by mistake could manage get things done. Thanks all of you here and cant wait to get things work whit Apples latest OS X :wink2:

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

What is a source kernel? And that kernel I uploaded is the 10.8 kernel.

well, apple releases kernel sources after a little while of a particular release,then only one can lapic patch the kernel and compile it.
But its surprising no one has attempted to provide a chameleon build that can patch the kernel on the fly for HP users given the fact that DV6and DV7 are quiet popular laptops among buyers,and I am sure must be a significnt percentage of hackintoshers.

I think that such a fix was /is possible in right hands.

Guess all one can say is,its our bad luck (damn the hp bios).

Komano

Komano

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Right! So I need dsdt for dv7t 6100 please!

I believe i have mentioned on how to obtain your DSDT before. You don't need anybody's else. Get em yourself.

Hi i have a dv5-1080ev with lion 10.7.3.i installed lion only with iatkos l2 image(update directly from software update) and is working almost flawless.i need help to create a dsdt.aml for this to enable sleep and use audio built-in an no the voodoohda 2.7.3 which i am using now. my laptop has a intel high definition audio 8086:293e, which alc kext it need's ? forgive me for my english

Look at my answer above. For the audio kext, do a lspci -nn in Ubuntu and find out what Codec you have.

Hey everyone I got the DV3-2154 CA, I am booting 10.6.7. As of now everything works except ethernet, microphone, webcam and wifi Wifi and qe/ci are incompatible but does anyone know where I could find drivers for webcam and mic? I also tried to get ethernet up and running but it has been a no go. Also seems to work fairly well, is there any reason I would want to apply a DCDT patch (I havent yet). Thanks!

Webcam is usually supported, no idea for that. Microphone is definitely related to your Audio Kext. What Ethernet Chip does your computer have? and Yes there are a lot of reasons why you would want to use a DSDT.

People in this thread need to provide more information.

@All the Sandy Bridge Users

I'm not sure about your Kernel Panics but anyone of you give me a direct link to your bios files?

kurtosavros

kurtosavros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Thanks Taptun. I updated to 10.7.3 and changed the kernel, and everything worked fine, with no complications at all.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
hi guyz,
i need to ask you a DV8 question : I own a dv8t-1100 laptop with i7 720 cpu and atheros wifi (with modded F25 bios) and i am beginning to have big problems with wifi switch that often become red and wifi stops working. Even if i press it again after a few seconds it turns red again. I also did the modifications trying to reduce interference problems,but the problem is still there. is there a way to disable the switch making it "always on" for wifi and bluetooth and continuing to have volume slider working? The problem is under osx and win7 with atheros wifi card(under win7,i also see bass/treble osd moving by itself!). With intel original one(win7 only), it seems that everything is working fine.
Thanks!
mal

Jugz

Jugz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

well, apple releases kernel sources after a little while of a particular release,then only one can lapic patch the kernel and compile it.
But its surprising no one has attempted to provide a chameleon build that can patch the kernel on the fly for HP users given the fact that DV6and DV7 are quiet popular laptops among buyers,and I am sure must be a significnt percentage of hackintoshers.

I think that such a fix was /is possible in right hands.

Guess all one can say is,its our bad luck (damn the hp bios).

Thanks for clearing that up! And the Chameleon patch would be much easier than bugging taptun all the time so I definitely agree with you.

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Chameleon patch would be great, or we can get instruction how we can patch this by our self.

//Peter

kurtosavros

kurtosavros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hey DV8 people!!! One quick question. Did you fix the native sound with the 10.7.2 and the 10.7.3?

LinuxFP

LinuxFP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Chameleon and the Combo update do not work on my DV7 4269.

Dragonsoul81

Dragonsoul81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi guys.
I followed this threat from day one and got me a nice fully working 10.6.4 dual boot setup on my dv6 2150g with mammoths guide and a lot of trying.
Since my Windows crapped on me i decided to reinstall osx with amer´s usb installation method.

The only dsdt that worked for me was using nixuns patcher with the generic dv i setting.
After installation i got everything working with taptuns 10.7.2 kernel.....except for graphics.
The about window shows display 3 mb i got no acceleration and resolution is fixed at 1024x768.

I tried changing vendor number in applegraphicspowermanagement kext, aty_init, graphics enabler but all to no avail.

I´m kindly and kinda desperately asking if any of you guys could help me out on this one?
I´d really appreciate it and attach my dsdt just in case.

Big thanks in advance, greetings to mammoth should you take at a look from time to time and thanks to amber for the lion usb method for our notebooks.
Have a nice day.
Greetings Dragonsoul

Got it sorted...i had to use dsdteditor---autopatcher would abort....now everything is working flawless. :-))
Thanks a lot guys.

Attached Files

Cyrus the Great

Cyrus the Great

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Thanks for clearing that up! And the Chameleon patch would be much easier than bugging taptun all the time so I definitely agree with you.

meklort create a kernel patcher and i use the tested version .but its seems he delete the meklort branche that countain patcher for lion .with this patcher you can use the vanila kernel .i request to he add this patcher to chameleon .if you want add your request go here.
http://forge.voodoop...eon/issues/231/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy