Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

To install Lion you need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /S/L/E/

I've tryed this and other advices but I have the same problem.

I am sure it depends also on MacModell usage!

I use iMac11,1 vanilla speedstep (via DSDT) keeps running.

MacPro Modell usage sometimes problematic - also the /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext is very problematic (KPs, SL+Lion) and is dependend only to MacPro Modells, not iMac modells.

I can so no benefit using MacPro Modell insted of iMac Modell for hackintoshs!

Is naybody experiencing issues with mdworker (spotlight)? If indexing it will crash my system, when disabled it just works ... same in SL: when my SL tries to index the Lion drive mdworker panics, so i have to exclude it from that drive.

Yes, on my system, too. There is one hdd with music and other stuff (which works well in SL btw.) I wanted to scan by Spotlight, but even if it finishes it on next reboot mdworker is starting all over to make an index.

I checked my log and there some weird messages.

Btw. all volumes are missing something, too. I just don't know what it is.

Looking forward to a next Lion or Chameleon update.

Back to SL for me.

I think Lion is more slower workflow. Snow Leopard works mutch faster! Is it just me or some one else have this problem to?

Yeah, you could say that for opening a new window in Finder for instance. It takes some 1~2 seconds until a new one shows up. I hope they speed up those and other things as well.

The finder windows also got too much shadow in my opinion.

I think Lion is more slower workflow. Snow Leopard works mutch faster! Is it just me or some one else have this problem to?

There has to be something wrong with your Lion installation as Lion is actually faster than Snow Leopard when comparing brand new clean installations of both. :P The post Chameleon boot up speed of Lion is quite similar to that of Snow Leopard, about 30 seconds to reach desktop, loading from caches of course. In retrospect, Snow Leopard was far more problematic in my system, I could never even dream of installing and much less actually running the Snow Leopard in its beta (DP) stages, months before its official release. In fact, adjusting for the timeline, the Lion appears to be far more viable and stable than the Snow Leopard in its infancy, at least for me. All of that, at least partly, is due to the implementation of DSDT.aml, which wasn't present before Snow Leopard, along with far superior boot loaders, namely Chameleon.

The boot up of lion is faster then SL here. But i mean i feel the OS quite laggy! Maybe there is some gfx issuis??

I've noticed that too.... for example drag a window around the desktop seems much smoother in SL that in lion... i don't know if it is only an appearance because benchs are the same or better than in Snow.... only time will tell us... cheers

From my experience LionDev2 not start without the USB stick, and most importantly without DSDT.aml also no longer need to put OSInstall.mpkg edit or delete the platformsupport.plist

Restore only basesystem 8 GB USB stick for installing chameleon and Extra folder (cabp; smbios.plist; Extensions folder: Fakesmc.kext, AD2000B.kext)

the block is posted by buoo above, and you can only avoid booting from USB stick

I would add that even you can upgrade to the next release of software update installed it because it stops at 1 minute from the end.

A SMBIOS model need to change anything, nothing to put in NullCPUPow.kext S / L / E

All this using RC5752 but also by the latest release of the fix PCI... nothing changes.

I am sure it depends also on MacModell usage!

I use iMac11,1 vanilla speedstep (via DSDT) keeps running.

MacPro Modell usage sometimes problematic - also the /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext is very problematic (KPs, SL+Lion) and is dependend only to MacPro Modells, not iMac modells.

I can so no benefit using MacPro Modell insted of iMac Modell for hackintoshs!

From my experience LionDev2 not start without the USB stick, and most importantly without DSDT.aml also no longer need to put OSInstall.mpkg edit or delete the platformsupport.plist

Restore only basesystem 8 GB USB stick for installing chameleon and Extra folder (cabp; smbios.plist; Extensions folder: Fakesmc.kext, AD2000B.kext)

the block is posted by buoo above, and you can only avoid booting from USB stick

I would add that even you can upgrade to the next release of software update installed it because it stops at 1 minute from the end.

A SMBIOS model need to change anything, nothing to put in NullCPUPow.kext S / L / E

All this using RC5752 but also by the latest release of the fix PCI... nothing changes.

Same problem!

This AppleHDA.kext.zip provides sound on Lion and Snow Leopard for Sigmatel STAC 9228. :P

Got some spare time, so i´ll test, just can´t imagine it will work on AD1988B, yet :)

Btw.: Sleep is NOT working on sys. It SEEMS to go to sleep just normal, kind of wakes up on keypress, but there is no signal on my Display, after cold boot, BIOS is resetted to defaults ... also, all fans run at full speed, so this section of FakeSMC/dsdt doesn´t seem to work yet, need to dig a bit more ...

Replacing both IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext along with IntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext version 156.0.0 from DP2 Update 2 11e444d with the corresponding kexts version 155.0.0 from the preceding DP2 (11a430e) allowed me to successfully boot and run the DP2 11A444d post the 11a430e update.

It is also worth noting that I updated the 11a430e to 11a444d from the Snow Leopard partition via the LionSWUpdate.pkg rather than the automatic Software Update.

still unable to use 11A444d. i did exact steps stated here, but after it comes to desktop it just freezes(only cursor moves, keyboard and clicks are all dead). i'll stay on update 1 until i can figure out what causes this problem.

Hi guys!

I'm trying to install Lion on my P5Q deluxe from USB bootable with Chameleno RC5 Rev755 v7 but the installation stops here:

29eobuq.jpg

I can't understand what is the problem! Help me please!

SAme Problemsssss... GTX 470 ---

Buo penso che non usciamo almeno fino a che non cambiano kernel... sto provando di tutto ma senza risultati se uso una ati 5770 vado liscio al login..

Fammi sapere se trovi qualcosa ciao

gigignopechegno

Buo penso che non usciamo almeno fino a che non cambiano kernel... sto provando di tutto ma senza risultati se uso una ati 5770 vado liscio al login..

Fammi sapere se trovi qualcosa ciao

gigignopechegno

Dear saint.

Anyone with a GTX 460 managed to start the installer?

Can get upto where the gui should start (language select) but it stands on the verbose screen. Still seems to be going in the background, when i press enter hard drive spins up again, but just cant get the gui to come up.

gigignopechegno

Had the Pci Confi begin problem, got past it by using another iopcifamily kext.

IOPCIFamily.kext.zip

I think the iopci is important for you

maybe boo and giginopechegno you can try to replace the iopci with DP1 or DP3 because in DP3 (open with pacifist) in S/L/E there are 5 newer kext.. one of them is IOPCI.. but I thind it pairs with newer IOGraphicsfamily.. then I think you have to replace both.

in my acer 5930 I cant upgrade with DP3.. tried a lot of replacing.. but it's not only a kext problem.. in fact 1gb compressed PKG.. only 5 kext!

so the DP3 is a macro upgrade .. it also updates Kernel and System.kext!!

another news!!! _> MOUSE AND TRACKPAD

I was frustrated not to see my trackpad running.. and not to have the possibility to use central mouse button to activate spaces!

because Spaces now has not the menu that let assign the mid mouse button to launc it!!!!

THE SOLUTION: I have an older mighty mouse.. attach it. now you can go in the mouse preferences and there's a newer menu (in mouse pref not in space pref) to assign mid button with spaces

THE SOLUTION2: casuality for me.. I put voodooSDHC and Voodoobattery.. magically in Dmesg I saw that Alps synaptic trackpad was loaded.. but.. how is it?!?!?!? really strange.. but .. it is!

so now I can tap with my trackpad.. better than snow!

Anyone with a GTX 460 managed to start the installer?

Can get upto where the gui should start (language select) but it stands on the verbose screen. Still seems to be going in the background, when i press enter hard drive spins up again, but just cant get the gui to come up.

Had the Pci Confi begin problem, got past it by using another iopcifamily kext.

I've tryed this and the Slice's IOPCIFamily.kext both in 32/64 bit and the now I have a kernel panic

2ngda9e.jpg

maybe boo and giginopechegno you can try to replace the iopci with DP1 or DP3 because in DP3 (open with pacifist) in S/L/E there are 5 newer kext.. one of them is IOPCI.. but I thind it pairs with newer IOGraphicsfamily.. then I think you have to replace both.

in my acer 5930 I cant upgrade with DP3.. tried a lot of replacing.. but it's not only a kext problem.. in fact 1gb compressed PKG.. only 5 kext!

so the DP3 is a macro upgrade .. it also updates Kernel and System.kext!!

another news!!! _> MOUSE AND TRACKPAD

I was frustrated not to see my trackpad running.. and not to have the possibility to use central mouse button to activate spaces!

because Spaces now has not the menu that let assign the mid mouse button to launc it!!!!

THE SOLUTION: I have an older mighty mouse.. attach it. now you can go in the mouse preferences and there's a newer menu (in mouse pref not in space pref) to assign mid button with spaces

THE SOLUTION2: casuality for me.. I put voodooSDHC and Voodoobattery.. magically in Dmesg I saw that Alps synaptic trackpad was loaded.. but.. how is it?!?!?!? really strange.. but .. it is!

so now I can tap with my trackpad.. better than snow!

Thanks Ugo :D

Same problem! What are the names of other 3 kexts ?

Hi UgoKing,thanks for your reponse.

i try dp2 and dp3 kext but same problem...

tonight i try the old kext of dp1....

:D

Raulllll whit your IOPCI kext i have Kernelpanic....

thanks

I've tryed this and the Slice's IOPCIFamily.kext both in 32/64 bit and the now I have a kernel panic

Thanks Ugo :)

Same problem! What are the names of other 3 kexts ?

The IOPCIFamily.kext is dependent upon the AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

Substituting your existing Lion AppleACPIPlatform.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions directory with the same from your existing Snow Leopard installation should eliminate this particular Kernel Panic. I've gone ahead and included said kext for your convenience. :D

The IOPCIFamily.kext is dependent upon the AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

Substituting your existing Lion AppleACPIPlatform.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions directory with the same from your existing Snow Leopard installation should eliminate this particular Kernel Panic. I've gone ahead and included said kext for your convenience. ;)

Thanks DarwinX..

i use this kext is kext of SNOW and WORKS no PCI hang ;)

Archive.zip

Great!

nstat_lookup_entry failed : 2

Remove the com.apple.kext.caches located in the System/Library/Caches directory, repair permissions. Also, try booting via the Safe Mode (-x).

sudo rm -rf System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

With hackinstaller script i'm able to install lion on my partition. After installation i installed chamaleon rc5 760, fakesmc, ioahciblock, ahciport and my dsdt. When i try to enter in lion partition, lion doesn't start and i can read waiting for dsmos...(also **dev/rdisk1s3 (NO WRITE) ) How can i fix it?