• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Supersonic

Supersonic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I have had Leopard installed for three days on my iPod now. Everytime I go to boot, I get the blue screen of death. Safe Mode does not do anything.

Any tips before I do a fresh install?

Thanks!

:D

GoM

GoM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I've had the same problem but just recently it fixed for whatever reasone after an install. Do these things to ensure that you might get a working copy.

1 - Write Zero's to your iPod using Disk Utility
2 - Partition using the Intel Map "in options."
3 - After all your formating is done, get info on the volume you will be installing Leopard on and disable "ignore permissions." This f***s OSX up bad.
4 - When you install make sure you select Airport as your network, even if you use E-Net, because for some reason it fcked up otherwise.
5 - When you get logged in for the first time, diable auto-login.

Tell me if you experience more problems.

Kazuran

Kazuran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I can confirm what GoM said about the installation procedure and selecting ethernet. I did a full reinstall since my ethernet wasn't working, and with Airport selected, there are no problems. Weird.

technoir

technoir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
mingistech-this wont install on any G3, according to the 'before you install' info.

mvv- try this with the ipod-

In disk utilities, give it 2 partitons. 'Restore' the dmg to 1.
Then start the install process from the first partition. It will act as a 'dvd install disc'.
When it re-starts, choose the partition #2 to install to.
Install as normal.

This worked great for me with a firewire drive. Using it now. The bonus is having the 'install' disc right there, ready to access the optional installs like Xcode, if needed. I can also unplug it and see how it does on my G4 imac.

duransnipes

duransnipes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I would suggest you dont even try it on your g3 its gonna be a waste of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy