USB Card Reader Apple Optimized Legacy Driver (10.6.5/10.6.6/10.6.7/10.6.8)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

.::Fabio::.

.::Fabio::.

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 8,615 posts
hello and thanks ^_^

djolens81

djolens81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Dear,

Please, please, please can you compile the kext for me or provide some help with it :

Product Id : 0x6362 = 61542
Vendor Id : 0x058f = 2617

I try everything, but still nothing, only mass storage device and no card reader.

In atach is info.plist what's wrong in it?

Thank you in advance !!!

Attached Files

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi.

Is there some change with 10.6.6. It is working well with 10.6.5 but no more with 10.6.6.

In fact, it works as I've got the SD icon, but nothing in Information System... Just saying that I haven't got any Apple Memory Reader...

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

Hi.

Is there some change with 10.6.6. It is working well with 10.6.5 but no more with 10.6.6.

In fact, it works as I've got the SD icon, but nothing in Information System... Just saying that I haven't got any Apple Memory Reader...

That's odd...
I'll check it out when I've upgraded to 10.6.6...

djolens81

djolens81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Dear All,

Is there anybody that can help me? :P

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Dear All,

Is there anybody that can help me? :P

From a first look, you're not doing all the change needed ;). If I remind well, you have to change 5 times the combo "device, Vendor" in you Plist.

I upload my Plist, my idProduct = 25446 and idVendor = 1423. So replace my Ids with your one.

Please, do not forget after to use the Kext Utility to ensure the good rights.

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

I just updated my ICH7 Q9550 mobo to 10.6.6 and the card reader legacy kext by Andy works perfectly. I had it placed in /E/E and not /S/L/E. Rebooted, tried now an SD card from my camera, works! I suggest, mate, that you re-do the process and clear your caches, fix your permissions...

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
ks for the information ;).Than

However I previously rebuilt the Kext Cache multiple time. And it is yet in /E/E. It is exactly the same Kext that I used with 10.6.5...

As I explained, I works as I see the SD card Icon on the desktop and not a disk icon when I plug an SD card.

It is just that if you go to "System Information" and check for the card reader, you will have the "no Apple SD card reader", and not you card reader information.

Had you check in "System Information" ?

djolens81

djolens81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

From a first look, you're not doing all the change needed ;). If I remind well, you have to change 5 times the combo "device, Vendor" in you Plist.

I upload my Plist, my idProduct = 25446 and idVendor = 1423. So replace my Ids with your one.

Please, do not forget after to use the Kext Utility to ensure the good rights.

I did what you told me, but still nothing, i can't see card reader... :dev:

Any other idea?

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Dear,

Please, please, please can you compile the kext for me or provide some help with it :

Product Id : 0x6362 = 61542
Vendor Id : 0x058f = 2617

I try everything, but still nothing, only mass storage device and no card reader.

In atach is info.plist what's wrong in it?

Thank you in advance !!!

My HP Pavilion system has an internal card reader and the hex product/vendor ID values are the same as yours. However, when I use the SL 10.6.5 calculator I get very different decimal values that yours.

For me, 0x6362 = dec. 25442 and 0x58f = dec. 1423. When I place those values in the Info.plist file I get a working AnyCardReader kext. It shows as an internal card reader in System Profiler.

Attached File  infoPlist.jpg   71.5KB   112 downloads

Attached File  syswprof1.jpg   161.41KB   103 downloads

Hope this helps - Good Luck

djolens81

djolens81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

My HP Pavilion system has an internal card reader and the hex product/vendor ID values are the same as yours. However, when I use the SL 10.6.5 calculator I get very different decimal values that yours.

For me, 0x6362 = dec. 25442 and 0x58f = dec. 1423. When I place those values in the Info.plist file I get a working AnyCardReader kext. It shows as an internal card reader in System Profiler.

Attached File  infoPlist.jpg   71.5KB   112 downloads

Attached File  syswprof1.jpg   161.41KB   103 downloads

Hope this helps - Good Luck

Thanks for reply,

Yes, i changed kext to those values, but still nothing.
Can you send me your kext?

Thanks for reply,

One more thing, do you have listed Card Reader in card reader section of system information, or only in USB section?

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Thanks for reply,

One more thing, do you have listed Card Reader in card reader section of system information, or only in USB section?

The card reader shows as a card reader - see image. Plist is attached. Hope it helps.

Attached File  sysprof.jpg   54.49KB   115 downloads

Attached File  Info.plist.zip   1.62KB   105 downloads

djolens81

djolens81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The card reader shows as a card reader - see image. Plist is attached. Hope it helps.

Attached File  sysprof.jpg   54.49KB   115 downloads

Attached File  Info.plist.zip   1.62KB   105 downloads

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IT WORKS !!!!!

djolens81

djolens81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IT WORKS !!!!!

Hmmm, but i don't see the card when i insert it (in the card reader section).
Is there something else to do?

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Hmmm, but i don't see the card when i insert it (in the card reader section).
Is there something else to do?

What I see in the System Profile --> Card Reader section does not change when I insert a memory card. What does change is the entry under SP --> USB --> Internal Memory Card Reader. That shows the volume name and size etc... for the memory card you inserted. Since my reader supports several types of cards I inserted two different ones at the smae time. They both show up as memory card icons on the desktop and in the finder window. They are both accessible at the same time. However, the System Profile --> USB --> Internal Memory card Reader display only shows one of the volume names. The last one inserted I think.

As far as I know, that is the way it is intended to work. Someone else correct that assumption if I am mistaken.

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

Hi.

That's really odd.
I would check your kext.
I tested it under 10.6.6 (attached below, in link) and it worked just fine...

Proof:
Posted Image

Attached Files

roninx

roninx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Greetings, People.

I've followed this thread and tried everything to get my NC10 to accept these changes.. thus far the situation has improved in that my card reader is detected as a USB interface.
Posted Image
However in the card reader section of system profile, nothing is detected.
Posted Image

It originally showed up as 0x058f as vendor ID
and 0x6366 as device ID
Attached is my attempt at modifying the kext

Please help :/

Attached Files

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

That's really odd.
I would check your kext.
I tested it under 10.6.6 (attached below, in link) and it worked just fine...

Proof:
Posted Image

Hi Anv. Here is my info.plist. I checked gain, no idea where I did a mistake :)

Thanks.

Attached Files

Lila

Lila

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
thank you very much everyone., I did everything as you say., sd card but does not mount on the desktop.
Help please!
I can not read card!

Attached Files

jlvaio

jlvaio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
hi
i think you heard about vaio problem about internal screen disabled
so i ve wrote to you because it seems that the solution could be provided by linus and so i m calling you because you can do may be another trick
recently i ve seen this:
http://0xc0dedbad.co...y/linuxonvaioz/

so i performed some search about and find this:

""
Screen Blanks/Monitor Turns Off

Using a laptop with a GeForce Go card, or connecting the sole display via DVI on a dual-head system sometimes results in the screen not receiving a picture. This is caused by the driver outputting video to the VGA port on the graphics card, instead of DVI.

The usual hint that you have this problem is when you hear the startup sound but nothing appears on the screen. If you do not hear any sound, you are more than likely experiencing unrelated problems.

This is a launchpad bug about displays on digital outputs being blank when using NVIDIA binary driver, and can be resolved by editing your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:

Switch to the console (Try using ctrl+alt+F1, or reboot and select recovery mode from the GRUB menu.)

Use your text editor to open /etc/X11/xorg.conf (try sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf).

Find the line that says Section "Screen"

Insert a new line that says Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP".

Save the file. If you had to restart into recovery mode, type reboot, otherwise restart your display using sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart.

Incorrect Refresh Rate Reported""
from this: https://help.ubuntu....verHowto/Nvidia (choose BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia)

i ve found this too:http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9285417

if you need information about vaio search on my insanelymac posts because i ve given many links and info for this machine since 3 years

so i hope you can have success like for incredidible taruga patcher

i wich you can help it could be giant

thank you for attention
here 's the most recent topic from vaio

http://www.insanelym...p...8556&st=420

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy