USB Card Reader Apple Optimized Legacy Driver (10.6.5/10.6.6/10.6.7/10.6.8)

Andy Vandijck

117 posts in this topic

My HP Pavilion system has an internal card reader and the hex product/vendor ID values are the same as yours. However, when I use the SL 10.6.5 calculator I get very different decimal values that yours.

For me, 0x6362 = dec. 25442 and 0x58f = dec. 1423. When I place those values in the Info.plist file I get a working AnyCardReader kext. It shows as an internal card reader in System Profiler.

post-51049-1294440191_thumb.jpg

post-51049-1294440169_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps - Good Luck

Thanks for reply,

Yes, i changed kext to those values, but still nothing.

Can you send me your kext?

Thanks for reply,

One more thing, do you have listed Card Reader in card reader section of system information, or only in USB section?

Thanks for reply,

One more thing, do you have listed Card Reader in card reader section of system information, or only in USB section?

The card reader shows as a card reader - see image. Plist is attached. Hope it helps.

post-51049-1294500276_thumb.jpg

Info.plist.zip

Hmmm, but i don't see the card when i insert it (in the card reader section).

Is there something else to do?

What I see in the System Profile --> Card Reader section does not change when I insert a memory card. What does change is the entry under SP --> USB --> Internal Memory Card Reader. That shows the volume name and size etc... for the memory card you inserted. Since my reader supports several types of cards I inserted two different ones at the smae time. They both show up as memory card icons on the desktop and in the finder window. They are both accessible at the same time. However, the System Profile --> USB --> Internal Memory card Reader display only shows one of the volume names. The last one inserted I think.

As far as I know, that is the way it is intended to work. Someone else correct that assumption if I am mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

Is there some change with 10.6.6. It is working well with 10.6.5 but no more with 10.6.6.

In fact, it works as I've got the SD icon, but nothing in Information System... Just saying that I haven't got any Apple Memory Reader...

That's really odd.

I would check your kext.

I tested it under 10.6.6 (attached below, in link) and it worked just fine...

Proof:

CardReader_10.6.6.png

post-100023-1295720507_thumb.png

Greetings, People.

I've followed this thread and tried everything to get my NC10 to accept these changes.. thus far the situation has improved in that my card reader is detected as a USB interface.

Bildschirmfoto2011-01-22um24235PM.png

However in the card reader section of system profile, nothing is detected.

Bildschirmfoto2011-01-22um24249PM.png

It originally showed up as 0x058f as vendor ID

and 0x6366 as device ID

Attached is my attempt at modifying the kext

Please help :/

AnyCardReader.kext_2.zip

hi

i think you heard about vaio problem about internal screen disabled

so i ve wrote to you because it seems that the solution could be provided by linus and so i m calling you because you can do may be another trick

recently i ve seen this:

http://0xc0dedbad.com/blog/category/linuxonvaioz/

so i performed some search about and find this:

""

Screen Blanks/Monitor Turns Off

Using a laptop with a GeForce Go card, or connecting the sole display via DVI on a dual-head system sometimes results in the screen not receiving a picture. This is caused by the driver outputting video to the VGA port on the graphics card, instead of DVI.

The usual hint that you have this problem is when you hear the startup sound but nothing appears on the screen. If you do not hear any sound, you are more than likely experiencing unrelated problems.

This is a launchpad bug about displays on digital outputs being blank when using NVIDIA binary driver, and can be resolved by editing your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:

Switch to the console (Try using ctrl+alt+F1, or reboot and select recovery mode from the GRUB menu.)

Use your text editor to open /etc/X11/xorg.conf (try sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf).

Find the line that says Section "Screen"

Insert a new line that says Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP".

Save the file. If you had to restart into recovery mode, type reboot, otherwise restart your display using sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart.

Incorrect Refresh Rate Reported""

from this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia (choose BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia)

i ve found this too:http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9285417

if you need information about vaio search on my insanelymac posts because i ve given many links and info for this machine since 3 years

so i hope you can have success like for incredidible taruga patcher

i wich you can help it could be giant

thank you for attention

here 's the most recent topic from vaio

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8556&st=420

Hello to all,

I tried to detect my micro sd card,for now I have half the info.

carte_10.jpg

carte_11.jpg

I use AnyCardReader.kext,Can you tell me what to do please ?

I have info in the section usb but the not in the section memory card reader.

lecteu10.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I use AnyCardReader.kext,Can you tell me what to do please ?

Convert the Product and Vendor IDs for your card reader into decimal. You can find them in System Profiler. For example my card reader's Product ID was 0x0158 and it converted to 344.

There are five sets of IDs in the kext's info.plist that you replace.

Replace the Product IDs that are 345 with yours.

Replace the Vendor IDs that are 3034 with yours.

Convert the Product and Vendor IDs for your card reader into decimal. You can find them in System Profiler. For example my card reader's Product ID was 0x0158 and it converted to 344.

There are three sets of IDs in the kext's info.plist that you replace.

Replace the Product IDs that are 345 with yours.

Replace the Vendor IDs that are 3034 with yours.

Ok thanks Axel702,

I do not know how to convert the product and vendor IDs for your card reader into decimal.

I have the info in info system:

USB Storage :

Nom BSD : disk1

Identifiant du produit : 0x0716

Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x05e3 (Genesys Logic, Inc.)

Version : 97.27

Numéro de série : 000000009727

Vitesse : Jusqu’à 480 Mb/s

Identifiant de l’emplacement : 0xfa200000

Can you help me please ?

Thank you in advance.

• 3 months later...

It's not working on my laptop (Lenovo G470 with SL 10.6.7).

idProduct: 0x0139 > converted to: 313, idVendor: 0x0bda > converted to 3034, Product Identification: USB2.0-CRW, Vendor Identification: Generic.

Can someone help me?

I attached my hardware spesific info.plist in attachment.

Thanx guys..

Info.plist.zip

How about a multi-card-slot card reader?

post-584772-1308140654_thumb.png

I have

USB SD Reader under IOSCSILogicalUnitNub@1

Mini SD Reader under IOSCSILogicalUnitNub@2

USB MS Reader under IOSCSILogicalUnitNub@3

USB SM Reader under IOSCSILogicalUnitNub@4

What should I input under AnySDCardReaderAnySBC and Fake Apple Card Reader SCSI Inject??

Nice kext Andy, thank you!

Works great under SL and Lion, but with recent Chameleon (rev. > 1XXX) it seems to lose it's functionality.

I can't decide if it's the cause of my setup (placed in /E/E - tested with and without UseKernelCache).

I think it's not really important, but did someone notice this too?

Edit: Works again with rev.1054

Nice kext Andy, thank you!

Works great under SL and Lion, but with recent Chameleon (rev. > 1XXX) it seems to lose it's functionality.

I can't decide if it's the cause of my setup (placed in /E/E - tested with and without UseKernelCache).

I think it's not really important, but did someone notice this too?

The same issue here. Works only with -f on Chameleon r1021. I think it's the issue with chameleon itself rather than this kext.

Edit: Works fine on rev 936.

The same issue here. Works only with -f on Chameleon r1021. I think it's the issue with chameleon itself rather than this kext.

Edit: Works fine on rev 936.

Same here on lion dp4 and chameleon 1021. Revert to 936 works perfect. cheers

EDIT: updated with rc5 1078 and it works again.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone getting this to work under Lion GM and Chameleon 2 RC5 r1083? Tried r1072, r1052, and r1037 also.

It's recognized in /System Information/Hardware/USB, but does not bring up anything on the desktop when an SD card is inserted.

Read in one of the posts to this thread to add IOProbeScore, 100 to the info.plist and that the kext would work. Also could be Lion GM and/or Chameleon revision related.

Would appreciate information on adding the IOProbeScore to see if that works. I'm attaching my patched info.plist file.

Product ID: 0x0139 --> 313

Vendor ID: 0x0bda --> 3034

Patched in the 5 locations

Product Name: USB2.0-CRW

Vendor Name: GENERIC

Patched in the 2 locations

Thanks!

Info.plist.zip

post-150796-1310431585_thumb.png