Atheros AR9285 fix for Snow Leopard - Mavericks

Andy Vandijck

155 posts in this topic

tape in 20 of wireless card

Well, the notebooks is brand new, i am not going open the case to tape pin 20 of wireless card killing the warranty.

i got it works but changing kexts on System/Library/Extensions directly.

There re some curious windows explaining must upgraded kext after copying it.

fixing permissions after using myfix, the card is running on lion.

Thanks.

the solution to anyone who has listened to Nawcom on using the wifi is finally quite simple but I had to find much information through Google as I have been very simple, operates in N, without any kext, go in steps, first insert this line in the dsdt, more specifically in the root port where is the happy little card in my case and I suppose that of all if you look ioregistro explorer is this in PLEX4

Device (ARPT)
			{
				Name (_ADR, 0x00)
				Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x0B, 0x05}) // If you want WOL(Wake on LAN support) if not use desired sleep state
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x0c)
						{
							"AAPL,slot-name", Buffer () {"AirPort"},
							"device-id", Buffer () {0x2A, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},
							"device_type", Buffer () {"AirPort"},
							"model", Buffer () {"Atheros 9285 8802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"},
							"subsystem-id", Buffer () {0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},
							"subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer () {0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}

IO80211Family.kext then add the ID of the card (which in theory should no longer be necessary, even so I did), in this particular case is or is:

168c,002b

168c,30a1

with that already works but there is a wait of about 10 minutes to take some network and works 100% but can be improved even after the file is renomra:

Apple80211Monitor.bundle

found in system / library / sistemaconfiguracion to not load start, end the problem, nothing else can begin to start navigating with a connection instantly and fully operational, great card for 13 euros worth

works for LION 10.7.2, The solution has been found in this forum (Anv)

thanks LatinMcG for correction, sorry

the solution to anyone who has listened to Nawcom on using the wifi is finally quite simple but I had to find much information through Google as I have been very simple, operates in N, without any kext, go in steps, first insert this line in the dsdt, more specifically in the root port where is the happy little card in my case and I suppose that of all if you look ioregistro explorer is this in PLEX4

Device (ARPT)
			 {
				 Name (_ADR, 0x00)
				 Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x0B, 0x05}) // If you want WOL(Wake on LAN support) if not use desired sleep state
				 {
					 Store (Package (0x0c)
						 {
						 }, Local0)
					 Return (Local0)
				 }
			 }

IO80211Family.kext then add the ID of the card (which in theory should no longer be necessary, even so I did), in this particular case is or is:

168,002b

168,30a1

with that already works but there is a wait of about 10 minutes to take some network and works 100% but can be improved even after the file is renomra:

Apple80211Monitor.bundle

found in system / library / sistemaconfiguracion to not load start, end the problem, nothing else can begin to start navigating with a connection instantly and fully operational, great card for 13 euros worth

works for LION 10.7.2, The solution has been found in this forum (Anv)

168C

Well, the notebooks is brand new, i am not going open the case to tape pin 20 of wireless card killing the warranty.

i got it works but changing kexts on System/Library/Extensions directly.

There re some curious windows explaining must upgraded kext after copying it.

fixing permissions after using myfix, the card is running on lion.

Thanks.

Just reinstall again all over.

i use latinmcG patches, but using 2b, instead * or 2a.

and added device id 168c,2b on Info.plist on AirPortAtheros21.kext of 11.0 version 10.7.0 Lion IO80211Family.kext

and run kextutility to fix permission instead of myfix.

works great.

Just reinstall again all over.

i use latinmcG patches, but using 2b, instead * or 2a.

and added device id 168c,2b on Info.plist on AirPortAtheros21.kext of 11.0 version 10.7.0 Lion IO80211Family.kext

and run kextutility to fix permission instead of myfix.

works great.

if u add in dsdt 2b . then it does nothing as your device is 2B and puts * as is ALLREADY 2B .

u WANT to fake 2A in dsdt so u dont have to add 2B to info.plist . ( on next update of that kext.. 2B is gone)

if i have 2a in my device it puts unicode * .

when i take my atheros 2a card out of laptop and i compile it it shows 2a instead of unicode * STRANGE BUT TRUE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you help me?

I edit my dsdt and work for my Ar9825, thanks for this.

But the problem is my hp signed bios whitelist some times chech sign verification and block boot.

The solution is flash EEPROM of ar 9825 with changed subdevice-id.

I have a software to have this, but the autor only can flash 312 bytes not 512 bytes(in this bytes are coded subdevice-id). The autor published source code and i need a programer to fix this (I don`t wnow).

I only try this solution work and make tutorial how to use.

THIS FIX IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL PEOPLE HAVE HP NOTEBOOK DV SERIES With BIOS SIGNED

Thank you in advance.

Source code: http://rghost.ru/20476741 REMEMBER THE CREDITS FOR DEVELOPER (lnv) NOT FOR ME

Hello. Can somebody help me? I can't find where i should insert code for my ar9285. i tried different root ports but it don't work :(

ioregexplorer and dsdt in attachment

Thanks!

in 0x001C0005 thats missing RP06

(copy to text editor then click up top "Format" make plain text ! then copy and paste to dsdt editor

Device (RP06)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001C0005)
			OperationRegion (PXCS, PCI_Config, 0x40, 0xC0)
			Field (PXCS, AnyAcc, NoLock, WriteAsZeros)
			{
						Offset (0x12),
					,   13,
				LASX,   1,
						Offset (0x1A),
				ABPX,   1,
					,   2,
				PDCX,   1,
					,   2,
				PDSX,   1,
						Offset (0x1B),
				LSCX,   1,
						Offset (0x20),
						Offset (0x22),
				PSPX,   1,
						Offset (0x98),
					,   30,
				HPEX,   1,
				PMEX,   1,
					,   30,
				HPSX,   1,
				PMSX,   1
			}
			Device (PXSX)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)

{
											Store (Package (0x0c)
													{
													}, Local0)
											Return (Local0)
									}
				Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				{
					0x09,
					0x04
				})
			}
			Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				If (WKPM)
				{
					Return (Package (0x02)
					{
						0x09,
						0x04
					})
				}
				Else
				{
					Return (Package (0x02)
					{
						0x09,
						Zero
					})
				}
			}
			Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				If (PICM)
				{
					Return (AR04) //change to proper IRQ table
				}
				Return (PR04) // change to proper IRQ Table
			}
		}

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The dsdt edit using DeviceID 2A wash't working on my P8H67-I Deluxe with AR9285 (2B) Wifi in Lion. Now working with DeviceID 30 (native, AirPortAtheros40.kext).

so youre saying u made it instead of 2A ...30 ? and it works ? cool .. must be the firmware matching better.

Hello fellow hackintoshers. I've recently built a mac, which is running flawlessly on Lion (10.7.2). I thoroughly enjoyed building it, and appreciate all of the help that this website gave me.

Recently I purchased the TL-WN781ND and physically installed it. It works great on Windows XP, but of course not on OS X. I installed a number of variants of the IO80211Family.kext, before coming across one which recognised the card. It shows up in System Information as below:

Interfaces:

en0:

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x30A1)

Firmware Version: Atheros 9285: 2.1.14.5

MAC Address: 90:f6:52:46:ce:ed

Locale: Unknown

Country Code: CN

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 b/g/n

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Wake On Wireless: Supported

However, when I try to connect to my home network (which the card finds), it immediately fails to connect.

I really don't know where to go from here...? Is there another .kext that I need to install? Do I need to insert some sort of code into the DSDT, even though it's recognising the card? I've read about this for days and am at a definite road-block. If someone could offer some guidance it would be greatly appreciated!

Shamus

Okay, I have read this thread over the last few days, and still don't actually know how to do the dsdt fix. Do I need to download a program to edit the DSDT?

I apologise for the probably naive questions, but I've never done something this complex before.

I have not done the dsdt fix at all. All I have done is install the IO80211Family.kext.

Update: I searched ioregistry explorer for 168c. It's 'name' is 'pci168c,2b'. What do I do with this information?

Okay, I also downloaded 'DSDT Editor', and extracted the DSDT. How do I know which root port the card is in?

Update: IOregexp says that the card is in Root/MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG1@1,1/IOPCI2PCOBridge/pci168c,28@0

Does this mean that the root port is PEG1?

Device (ARPT) { Name (_ADR, 0x00) Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x0B, 0x05}) // If you want WOL(Wake on LAN support) if not use desired sleep state Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) { Store (Package (0x0c) { "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer () {"AirPort"}, "device-id", Buffer () {0x2A, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00}, "device_type", Buffer () {"AirPort"}, "model", Buffer () {"Atheros 9285 8802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"}, "subsystem-id", Buffer () {0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00}, "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer () {0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00} }, Local0) DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) } }

IO80211Family.kext then add the ID of the card (which in theory should no longer be necessary, even so I did), in this particular case is or is: 168c,002b 168c,30a1 with that already works but there is a wait of about 10 minutes to take some network and works 100% but can be improved even after the file is renomra: Apple80211Monitor.bundle found in system / library / sistemaconfiguracion to not load start, end the problem, nothing else can begin to start navigating with a connection instantly and fully operational, great card for 13 euros worth works for LION 10.7.2, The solution has been found in this forum (Anv) thanks LatinMcG for correction, sorry

I went ahead and copied this into the PEG1 root in the DSDT. I then saved the DSDT and copied it into /Extra. My computer now kernal panics at start up, saying something about PCIRootUID. What on earth is going on? Can someone please help.

think youre supposed to add under _ADR the _DSM of the fix. minus the last enclosing bracket }

{
											Store (Package (0x0c)
													{
													}, Local0)
											Return (Local0)
									}
notice its short a bracket }
paste this to a text editor then make plain text then copy to dsdt editor (to get rid of color formating)
device id can be 2A or 30.