IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
k sweet that makes things alot easier.

**edit

hey by the way, reading through the new post shouldnt step #5 be like the first one to let people who have origional DVD to know to do that before they install, im just sayin, you make them boot up and then tell them "oh yeah if you have origional you have to patch" shouldnt you say that at the start so they dont have to stop, go do it, then come back?

also with the link you gave me, i need to patch that too right?

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, modifying, anything that has to do with circuits and computers!!! and of co...
which link? the one i pm you? if its the on i pm, then yes... u do have to patch it the same way through the usb process.

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

which link? the one i pm you? if its the on i pm, then yes... u do have to patch it the same way through the usb process.

yes, the one you PM'd me, ok ill patch it..thanks

hey i didnt mean to critisize you on the post man i just thought it would be easier for someone new coming into this topic to read that at the start instead of in the middle.

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, modifying, anything that has to do with circuits and computers!!! and of co...

yes, the one you PM'd me, ok ill patch it..thanks

hey i didnt mean to critisize you on the post man i just thought it would be easier for someone new coming into this topic to read that at the start instead of in the middle.

yeah don't worry..actaully it was a very good point!!! ahah, i updated the guide already with your suggestion!! thnx alot!!

jemisec1: did everything for u? did the kernel work? did the audio work? did the photo booth method work? GIVE ME SOME INFO PLZ!!!!

jemisec1

jemisec1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

yeah don't worry..actaully it was a very good point!!! ahah, i updated the guide already with your suggestion!! thnx alot!!

jemisec1: did everything for u? did the kernel work? did the audio work? did the photo booth method work? GIVE ME SOME INFO PLZ!!!!

Something went wrong when I did the reinstall on my other partition, so I decided to figure out whats wrong with the 10.6.2 install. Apparently, the problem was the boot loader Chameleon, are you sure thats the version that worked for you?

I installed the chameleon hack from the empire efi disc (in the post installation folder), the one with the Storm Trooper icon, and I was able to fix radeon with that but no keyboard and touchpad. I had to reboot using empire efi disc again (which btw can only recognize up to 1GB of RAM) just to get the kexts for those and install those using the storm trooper boot (which can recognize the whole 4GB RAM), which I noticed was a lower version of chameleon than the one posted in your link.

Bottomline, I got everything to work under 10.6.2, except for the choppy graphics and audio. The photobooth trick didnt work by the way. And any movie you try to watch is like having 5 FPS, very choppy.

I hope there'd be a newer kext for the radeon. That is the problem right?

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Something went wrong when I did the reinstall on my other partition, so I decided to figure out whats wrong with the 10.6.2 install. Apparently, the problem was the boot loader Chameleon, are you sure thats the version that worked for you?

I installed the chameleon hack from the empire efi disc (in the post installation folder), the one with the Storm Trooper icon, and I was able to fix radeon with that but no keyboard and touchpad. I had to reboot using empire efi disc again (which btw can only recognize up to 1GB of RAM) just to get the kexts for those and install those using the storm trooper boot (which can recognize the whole 4GB RAM), which I noticed was a lower version of chameleon than the one posted in your link.

Bottomline, I got everything to work under 10.6.2, except for the choppy graphics and audio. The photobooth trick didnt work by the way. And any movie you try to watch is like having 5 FPS, very choppy.

I hope there'd be a newer kext for the radeon. That is the problem right?

are u sure about the Photo Booth? ur not supposed to minimize it, just over-window it, that worked very well with mine!!

jemisec1

jemisec1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

are u sure about the Photo Booth? ur not supposed to minimize it, just over-window it, that worked very well with mine!!

Oh yeah, it works! So photo booth is just running in one of my spaces. Thats weird. Is there no other kext for conexant audio?

I've been looking around for a better kext for ati radeonhd 4200. Is the one from dong really the only one out there?

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok guys...my brother just messed up my mac partition so im starting from scratch, i will use my own guide to see if it works, i will follow some of the suggestions by jesmic1 and see whats the outcome....

Oh yeah, it works! So photo booth is just running in one of my spaces. Thats weird. Is there no other kext for conexant audio?

I've been looking around for a better kext for ati radeonhd 4200. Is the one from dong really the only one out there?

yeah!! kinda weird huh? ahahah but still...our cards are not supported by the Snow Leo OSX, there are no 100% working kext for the conexant audio, and no ATI Radeon 4200 HD kext exist..... Netkas has kexts for other ATI Radeon HD cards, but im not sure those work....jesmic1, if u want to try them out, just google netkas and they should com up!!!

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
foloow it to the "T" because thats what ima do, and i wanna see for sure if it works.

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Well Jemisec1 had success with the installation, jasonf said he was 90% done, he had succesfully booted, so that means it works, by the way IM 3LITE, i just modified the guide once again, so read through it!!! sorry, im just trying to make it fail-proof.

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
k, the tutorial looks solid now, ima boot up Empire and see how it goes.

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
so you bought everything already? or is it still until the 23?

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
23'rd but ima try and boot empire efi, WTF i cant boot from it, i restart my PC with the Disc in and it gets to the BIOS page, do i hit anything? cause nothing loads up

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

23'rd but ima try and boot empire efi, WTF i cant boot from it, i restart my PC with the Disc in and it gets to the BIOS page, do i hit anything? cause nothing loads up

yes u need to hit f12 immediatley after u turn it on, then select the dvd drive...i think it says something with Optiarc DVD-rw

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
kk, ill go try it

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
did it work?

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
NO, WTF F12 doesnt wokr?

i burnt the ISO with DVD decrypter, WTF ?

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

NO, WTF F12 doesnt wokr?

i burnt the ISO with DVD decrypter, WTF ?

i told you to burn it with imgburn my friend!!! haahhah

edit....

my bad, the empire efi i uploaded is corrupted!!! ahaha download a working one HERE

mcspcs:are u having trouble with my guide? ive noticed u been in here for a long time!! ahah

jemisec1

jemisec1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

edit....

my bad, the empire efi i uploaded is corrupted!!! ahaha download a working one HERE

mcspcs:are u having trouble with my guide? ive noticed u been in here for a long time!! ahah

You're the best elalan5!

I guess you can still patch with the combo update but yeah, I've had some problems with that.

I also noticed, there is no battery icon?

And when you close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when you open it, the screen is just blank.

Just some observations.

Other than these, and the constantly open photo booth, everything's savvy. This thread rocks

edit....

You're the best elalan5!

I guess you can still patch with the combo update but yeah, I've had some problems with that.

And when you close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when you open it, the screen is just blank.

Just some observations.

Other than these, and the constantly open photo booth, everything's savvy. This thread rocks

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

You're the best elalan5!

Just some observations.

You're the best elalan5!

Just some observations.

yeah, theres some problems, its not perfect...but the battery icon..... that happens because u installed snow leo while it was connected to the charger...if u install it while it runs on the battery, the icon will show up!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy