172 replies to this topic

jasonf

jasonf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

ok..tellme if u have any problems

so far so good. I'm in the process of updating and installing the items in your post

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, modifying, anything that has to do with circuits and computers!!! and of co...
Good!! lets hope everything goes well

jasonf

jasonf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
everything is working now except for the mouse cursor and the trackpad. I followed the directions for the cursor, but I'm unsure what to do next.

no clue on trackpad

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
for the trackpad have you checked out this tutorial on this forum?

http://www.insanelym...p...&hl=tackpad

or is it to no avail

jemisec1

jemisec1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

ok..tellme if u have any problems

I'm on my first boot after the combo update and amd and chameleon. Its stuck at the apple logo screen with the spinning wheels. Is it really this long? The wheels are turning but its been a while now.

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
maybe its setting up your systemm to recognise itÉ maybe like a first boot thing...

jemisec1

jemisec1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

maybe its setting up your systemm to recognise itÉ maybe like a first boot thing...

Its been 30 minutes and its just spinning slowly. I did whats written here, the combo updater, do not restart, the amd kernel patch, and the chameleon. But after restarting, it's just stuck there

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
maybe try booting of of Empire EfiÉ

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, modifying, anything that has to do with circuits and computers!!! and of co...

everything is working now except for the mouse cursor and the trackpad. I followed the directions for the cursor, but I'm unsure what to do next.

no clue on trackpad

Im really sorry, but i have no clue on the trackpad....mine worked out of the box, u should try what IM 3LITE reccomended.

for the trackpad have you checked out this tutorial on this forum?

http://www.insanelym...p...&hl=tackpad

or is it to no avail

by the way IM 3LITE, did you buy everything already?

I'm on my first boot after the combo update and amd and chameleon. Its stuck at the apple logo screen with the spinning wheels. Is it really this long? The wheels are turning but its been a while now.

What I reccomend you is to boot on Verbose mode,when the chameleon boot screen comes up, type "-v" without the quotes, and then tellme what happens.

jemisec1

jemisec1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Im really sorry, but i have no clue on the trackpad....mine worked out of the box, u should try what IM 3LITE reccomended.

What I reccomend you is to boot on Verbose mode,when the chameleon boot screen comes up, type "-v" without the quotes, and then tellme what happens.

Still nothing. Ive got the Gateway NV5378u, is that the same as yours?

I think I have to re-do everything. Just a question, why do you have to do the combo upgrade and amd kernel patch?

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

No i havent bought everything yet, i know the DVD's im going to buy, and ima buy a new 16gb memory stick too since i need one anywheys, and i dant download untill the 23'rd cause my bandwidth is maxed out, so i downloaded all the files but the COMBO pack and the link you sent me, and im buying everything so im ready to go on the 23rd, so just remember, on the 23'rd theres going to be alot of questions asked in this topic

I think I have to re-do everything. Just a question, why do you have to do the combo upgrade and amd kernel patch?

Gateway NV5378u?

i dont think ours are like that man, i know mines the exact same as elalans except for the HDD and RAm, but mine is just NV53 NOT Gateway NV5378u

hey by the way im extracted the empire efi ZIP cause ima burn it right now, and it has 2 iso's, just burn those to 2 different disc's? and if so when do i use the different 2's

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

well when i made the guide, i couldnt find a kernel for 10.6, so you wouldnt have to boot with empire efi, but i bearly found the right kernel HERE....if you ant to start again, do it....and then just skip the combo upgrade and the kernel patch and install the files on the link.

Oh yes, mine is the NV5378u, they are the same

No i havent bought everything yet, i know the DVD's im going to buy, and ima buy a new 16gb memory stick too since i need one anywheys, and i dant download untill the 23'rd cause my bandwidth is maxed out, so i downloaded all the files but the COMBO pack and the link you sent me, and im buying everything so im ready to go on the 23rd, so just remember, on the 23'rd theres going to be alot of questions asked in this topic

Gateway NV5378u?

i dont think ours are like that man, i know mines the exact same as elalans except for the HDD and RAm, but mine is just NV53 NOT Gateway NV5378u

hey by the way im extracted the empire efi ZIP cause ima burn it right now, and it has 2 iso's, just burn those to 2 different disc's? and if so when do i use the different 2's

jst download this Empire Efi HERE

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

ok so i dont need the link in the origional tutorial?....should i download that kernel also instead of the one i have from the tutorial?

Also mines a NV5370H, does that matter?

jemisec1

jemisec1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

well when i made the guide, i couldnt find a kernel for 10.6, so you wouldnt have to boot with empire efi, but i bearly found the right kernel HERE....if you ant to start again, do it....and then just skip the combo upgrade and the kernel patch and install the files on the link.

Okay Ill let you know. YOU ARE THE BEST! Thanks a lot.

Also, I found out something, when you edit the info.plist file of the radeon kext, you have to rebuild the cache again using kext utility before you restart, otherwise its still a block of colors.

Ill let you know how it goes after i redo everything

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
IM 3LITE, yours is the same as ours...im pretty sure, and yes download the kernel i just posted.... i will modify the guide once both of you tell me you have been succesful... and also i changed both the Empire Efi links, just download the one i linked right now.

jemisec1: oh yeah sorry about that i forgot u had to do that, i ll modify the guide once the both of you are done installing it.... so was your install succesful?

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
mines a NV5370h not NV5378u, i dont know if that matters thou (hopefully not)

jemisec1

jemisec1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

IM 3LITE, yours is the same as ours...im pretty sure, and yes download the kernel i just posted.... i will modify the guide once both of you tell me you have been succesful... and also i changed both the Empire Efi links, just download the one i linked right now.

jemisec1: oh yeah sorry about that i forgot u had to do that, i ll modify the guide once the both of you are done installing it.... so was your install succesful?

The minimize and open animations seem a little choppy, is it really that way with the latest from dong's script?

Also, did you get the touch volume controls to work? It works, but I cant seem to lower the volume without going to the system prefs.

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

mines a NV5370h not NV5378u, i dont know if that matters thou (hopefully not)

ok i just read about your computer.... it should work fine, everything is the same except fro the ram and hdd.

The minimize and open animations seem a little choppy, is it really that way with the latest from dong's script?

Also, did you get the touch volume controls to work? It works, but I cant seem to lower the volume without going to the system prefs.

yeah, thats something else, the touch buttons work, but to lower the audio you have to lower it through system preferences..... so you were succesfull? did the kernel work?

And the animationsa re choppy since our video card doesn,t support QE/CI which is need to do alot of animation stuff in Mac OSX

IM_3LITE

IM_3LITE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
hey so i just need that kernel now? i dont need to have that combo updater, cause i dont see it going from a 400mb file down to only needing 4mb?

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

hey so i just need that kernel now? i dont need to have that combo updater, cause i dont see it going from a 400mb file down to only needing 4mb?

yeah you dont need the combo updater, i just updated the guide... just download the kernel i posted butwait a little bit becaus ei have to change it a litttle bit, i had to rename the kernel to just be able to drag and drop..... download the kernel from HERE... when u install it just drag and drop it into the rrot of your Snow LEo HDD and click replace when prompted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy