[Guide] P6X58D Premium. Retail 10.6.4 Install. :)

kup

247 posts in this topic

No, you look. I have specified that this is not a place for GFX conversation. Go elsewhere and solve you GFX issues. It's people like you, the morons, who make the this a hard place to want to contribute to sometimes. The guide is step by step, for SUPPORTED GFX cards. It's not my problem if you can't incorporate your GFX into your install.

I am working on a new Boot132 CD with the new GFX included but if you know better then do it yourself. I don't have to spend my time doing this for you. Most other people learn enough to fill in the gaps and solve their own issues. I suggest you lose your attitude or you're going to get very little help around here.

If that guide is so very very good, go use it...oh wait...you can't!

Your 250GTS is supported by th Boot132 CD, your CPU and motherboard are too. If you're not booting correctly after following the STEP BY STEP guide then YOU are the error.

Read, learn, educate yourself and don't bother me again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_directory

It's people like you, the morons, who make the this a hard place to want to contribute to sometimes

Please, respect, I´m not a moron or troll in this forum, I stay here to learn, and help people that you, but I´m not to be a hero because my sector is audioengineering and video, not a hakintosh builder.

First it is necessary to learn to respect, to be able to teach.

I have not insulted you, but instead of answering to my questions, you answer me badly.

It is necessary to be able to accept a critique to improve. Your much better serious guide if you were more humbly and were not treating us badly those that we do not know.

I say 3 things to you to extend your guide:

1-Full Photos to set your bios (ALL, inclusive you can try to do an install in RAID0 (I can try for do a complete guide)) I can do all the screenshots, but you don´t want accept help of me no?.

2-Photos of your disk and dvd is connected in your mobo. Whats controller? With EFI Empire I can boot in the marvel yukon disk0s2 The white connectors.

3- A list of the Graphic cards models and versions supported of the boot 132 v1 and v2. Diferences between v1 an v2.

4- You can add screenshots in the download package of THE ROOT, THE PROCCESS OF Insttall the DSDT, and Post Boot132CD for the autoboot.

5- You can add to the post, a Possible Suggestions : For example:

If I boot with efi empire, I install the extra folder in the root, and when i boot again, the efi empire recognize the dsdt, but when snowleopard boot.. I show, 6 gb ram of 667mhz and 4 xeon (mac pro), but if I install the kext of extra folder, with kext helper b7 , recognize my memory as ddr3 1600 mhz 6gb, but the processor not shows fine...

6- Add a test aPPs .

If you accept help, your guide will be more complete, more profesional, and very users thanks to you the effort. The most of people, don´t know nothing of x86, a good guide makes posible to their have a snow leopard running, without knoledge of x86..

Thanks for your guide, I´m not lying, thanks, but your temperament is not the correct one

Please, respect, I´m not a moron or troll in this forum, I stay here to learn, and help people that you, but I´m not to be a hero because my sector is audioengineering and video, not a hakintosh builder.

First it is necessary to learn to respect, to be able to teach.

I have not insulted you, but instead of answering to my questions, you answer me badly.

It is necessary to be able to accept a critique to improve. Your much better serious guide if you were more humbly and were not treating us badly those that we do not know.

I say 3 things to you to extend your guide:

1-Full Photos to set your bios (ALL, inclusive you can try to do an install in RAID0 (I can try for do a complete guide)) I can do all the screenshots, but you don´t want accept help of me no?.

2-Photos of your disk and dvd is connected in your mobo. Whats controller? With EFI Empire I can boot in the marvel yukon disk0s2 The white connectors.

3- A list of the Graphic cards models and versions supported of the boot 132 v1 and v2. Diferences between v1 an v2.

4- You can add screenshots in the download package of THE ROOT, THE PROCCESS OF Insttall the DSDT, and Post Boot132CD for the autoboot.

5- You can add to the post, a Possible Suggestions : For example:

If I boot with efi empire, I install the extra folder in the root, and when i boot again, the efi empire recognize the dsdt, but when snowleopard boot.. I show, 6 gb ram of 667mhz and 4 xeon (mac pro), but if I install the kext of extra folder, with kext helper b7 , recognize my memory as ddr3 1600 mhz 6gb, but the processor not shows fine...

6- Add a test aPPs .

If you accept help, your guide will be more complete, more profesional, and very users thanks to you the effort. The most of people, don´t know nothing of x86, a good guide makes posible to their have a snow leopard running, without knoledge of x86..

Thanks for your guide, I´m not lying, thanks, but your temperament is not the correct one

Please tell me your kidding. You were nothing but pig rude! Here is a guy who made a simple and easy guide and you just go and shove it in his face. He has made it as simple as possible alright. There is a basic quota of information you should know before doing something like this or your hackintosh will simply not work. You need to be able to problem solve by yourself and that doesn't mean coming back to someone thread and complaining he won't help you. If you install with no knowledge of "x86" then you WILL have trouble. If you see something you don't understand then search, read and learn. Everyone else has been able to install without any troubles including me and i have an almost totally unsupported Graphics Card. But you know what i did researched and learnt and when i got stuck i asked kup who set me on the right path. Then when you can't fix it come back without out being such an {censored}.

TL;DR:

If you have no knowledge of Hackintoshes then learn. Its not hard. Just SEARCH. Kup can't ensure compatibility with every system and person on this forum but he tries his best and without him no one would even be able to install OSX on their P6X58D mobo's.

Thanks Kup

Please tell me your kidding. You were nothing but pig rude! Here is a guy who made a simple and easy guide and you just go and shove it in his face. He has made it as simple as possible alright. There is a basic quota of information you should know before doing something like this or your hackintosh will simply not work. You need to be able to problem solve by yourself and that doesn't mean coming back to someone thread and complaining he won't help you. If you install with no knowledge of "x86" then you WILL have trouble. If you see something you don't understand then search, read and learn. Everyone else has been able to install without any troubles including me and i have an almost totally unsupported Graphics Card. But you know what i did researched and learnt and when i got stuck i asked kup who set me on the right path. Then when you can't fix it come back without out being such an {censored}.

TL;DR:

If you have no knowledge of Hackintoshes then learn. Its not hard. Just SEARCH. Kup can't ensure compatibility with every system and person on this forum but he tries his best and without him no one would even be able to install OSX on their P6X58D mobo's.

Thanks Kup

You don´t know me, why you judge and insult me? , I say thanks to kup , but who are you to say to me pig rude? WOW.. you are poison. .

kup, like to let u know ur effort is greatly appreciated by many here. Pls ignore those negative comments here & in future posts.

OTOH, MrVenini may sound rude becos of his very poor english, thus wrong usage of words that make him sound nasty?

Anyway, may i ask whats in the pipeline for GFX compatibility? Any ATi FirePro or nVidia's Fermi Quadro in the works? My hands are itching for an upgrade already. BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Btw, decided to get another 1TB drive this weekend, hopefully that'll solve my prob, HDD are cheap these days. :) Oh yes, and a new Firewire cable to test out, could be a cable problem too

Don't forget kup, U THE MAN!! :(

OTOH, MrVenini may sound rude because of his very poor english, thus wrong usage of words that make him sound nasty?

It´s so possible, my English is so poor because I´m a little old .. and I´m not learn English in school, only French.. Incredible no?? : )

Sorry to Kup for my English, but the user DeuchePirate is an autentic snake.. nice words ..

Good afternoon.

I am starting in the World of MacOSX

I'm trying to install the following configuration

P6x58D Premium

i7 930

4gb memory

HD 1TB Seagate

VGA ATI XFX 5770

But I'm not having success.

Always seems to start charging.

But there appears a black screen. And the cooler video card is 100%

Does anyone have any idea what can I do?

Fabiano, try to follow this steps:

1-Connect only one display to the graphic card.

2-Run MARS V2 boot CD included in the Pack on the page 1 on this post. 

3-When Chameleon boots, insert the snowleopard OS dvd, then hit f5, .. when chameleon recognize the disc, write -x and press ENTER. 

I have working 100 % full 10.6.4  with the same configuration but with an ATI X1950 PRO. 

No, you look. I have specified that this is not a place for GFX conversation. Go elsewhere and solve you GFX issues. It's people like you, the morons, who make the this a hard place to want to contribute to sometimes. The guide is step by step, for SUPPORTED GFX cards. It's not my problem if you can't incorporate your GFX into your install.

I am working on a new Boot132 CD with the new GFX included but if you know better then do it yourself. I don't have to spend my time doing this for you. Most other people learn enough to fill in the gaps and solve their own issues. I suggest you lose your attitude or you're going to get very little help around here.

If that guide is so very very good, go use it...oh wait...you can't!

Your 250GTS is supported by th Boot132 CD, your CPU and motherboard are too. If you're not booting correctly after following the STEP BY STEP guide then YOU are the error.

Read, learn, educate yourself and don't bother me again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_directory

kup your boot132 cd and guide worked great!!!......The only problem I had was having to switch out my evga gtx470 gfx card for an older geforce 7800gt gfx card during install.....After Install I simply went to the gfx card forum for fermi(gtx470 support forum) and followed some very simple instructions to add support for fermi in the bootloader and add the appropriate/provided drivers on the first page. I shutdown and reinstalled my gtx470 and booted into a perfectly functioning sl install.

I am truly greatful for your help because this would have taken me weeks without your guide.

And to MrVenini....you might need a translator to interpret this but Please STFU!!!

Thank you very much. I appreciate the sentiment and I'm glad it worked for you. :unsure:

kup,

First of all, thank you so much for your continued support. I followed your guide and had OSX launched on the first try! Fantastic work.

Now, although I have OSX running, I do have some problems. First of all, I cannot boot into OSX without the Boot132 CD inserted (and set as first in boot priority). I've copied the Extras folder to the root of my HDD, but whenever I restart the computer, I get the prompt "Invalid boot disk." Any ideas? I have my SATA DVD drive plugged into SATA 3 and my WD Raptor 64GB HDD plugged into SATA 1 (nothing in the two 6GB/s ports for now).

Also, After trying a bunch of iterations of booting into safe mode, deleting the old AppleHDA.kext, running the Kext Utility and even using the Kext Helper b7 utility to install AppleHDA.kext, I finally got the audio working using the back audio ports (plugged into the green one that I believe can be used for headphones). The problem is, the headphone jack for my case just wont work at all... any ideas there? I know it works in Win7, so I shouldn't have to change the physical connections and I have verified in BIOS that its set for HD audio.

Other than that, everything is running awesomely. Thanks again for everything, whether or not you're able to help me on these issues!

It sounds like you haven't installed the Bootloader to your Snow HDD.

With Audio, if you delete AppleHDA and then copy over the supplied version it will work upon reboot. Make sure you've updated to 10.6.4 first.

I'm going to look into a few issues people are having and try to finally get the new BootCD out. ;)

First off, a big thanks to kup and other forum members for their efforts and assistance. After months of work, I now have a stable OSx86. (My video card is only recently supported.) I was in amazement the first time I got full resolution working with no KPs!

Now, for my question:

Is anyone getting multichannel and bitstream audio from the SPDIF outputs of this mobo? I installed AppleHDA.kext and HD Audio is enabled in the BIOS, but I am only able to achieve PCM stereo. The SPDIF out is connected to my 7.1 receiver.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

UDPATE: I was able to get digital passthrough over SPDIF working in QuickTime by following these steps: http://www.cod3r.com/2008/02/the-correct-w...with-quicktime/. OS X still sees the output as stereo (would still like to get this working correctly), but the passthrough is enabling multichannel audio.

It sounds like you haven't installed the Bootloader to your Snow HDD.

With Audio, if you delete AppleHDA and then copy over the supplied version it will work upon reboot. Make sure you've updated to 10.6.4 first.

I'm going to look into a few issues people are having and try to finally get the new BootCD out. :(

Yeah, the Bootloader must not have installed correctly since I starting everything over from scratch and it boots just fine without the CD.

As for audio, still can't get the front headphone jack to work. No worries, I'll just stick my headphones into the green jack in the back.

I'll upload another legacyhda you could try once I get a second. ;)

Or download it here...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...686&start=0

Thanks, kup. After reading that thread, I am still unable to get the OS to recognize multichannel. This is what I did:

1. Edited and recompiled DSDT with HDEF device info.

2. Reverted to 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext. Installed to /S/L/E.

3. Installed Legacy889HDA.kext to /E/E.

4. Installed HDAEnabler.kext to /S/L/E. (I also tried without HDAEnabler.installed.)

5. Rebuilt kextcache.

I'll toy around some more.

I can't seem to get the Optical Audio port to show up and beable to use. I tried following the Tony's blog stuff. But I fear I'm missing something basic. I didn't try to edit the DTST, I'm still trying to read up on that.

*** Edit, using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I got Digital output to show up, but no sound or such to come out either coax or optical port, Analog speakers still working.

Kup!

Thanks for the guide man. I followed it and have no experience with Hackintoshes and got it working.

My setup is a i7 920 overclocked to 4GHZ, XFX HD 5770, and onboard audio and such.

Everything works! I of course got a lot of my video card steps from the 5770 thread but all in all everything worked out. Good job.

My only question is; I see you're overclocked too. Does OSX say you're running at 3.8ghz? Kind of takes a little bit away from me lol.

Anyways, keep up the great work.

I can't seem to get the Optical Audio port to show up and beable to use. I tried following the Tony's blog stuff. But I fear I'm missing something basic. I didn't try to edit the DTST, I'm still trying to read up on that.*** Edit, using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I got Digital output to show up, but no sound or such to come out either coax or optical port, Analog speakers still working.

I haven't been able to get the SPDIF (optical or coax) outputs working with various combinations and versions of AppleHDA.kext, Legacy889HDA.kext, and HDAEnabler.kext. VoodooHDA.kext works. You can install it with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. You'll have to remove the other kexts. I'd prefer to use AppleHDA with SPDIF or the HDMI output of my ATI if I can get either of them working.