• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I have an ati 5650 in my acer aspire 5740g and i don't find any drivers. I read somewhere that SL 10.6.4 have that drivers. Is it correct? If not, when will come the drivers for ati 5xxx series?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm Spanish.

ndboost

ndboost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
5xxx series cards are not supported in any hackintosh build.

Apple has purchased rights and several 5xxx series cards but we aren't sure what for. Its simply a waiting game...

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

5xxx series cards are not supported in any hackintosh build.

Apple has purchased rights and several 5xxx series cards but we aren't sure what for. Its simply a waiting game...

Tonymacx made ##### 2.1.0 with ati 5xxx series kexts. :wacko:

But I don't know if those kext work with this graphic card... :(

Download ##### 2.1.2

Xan21

Xan21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Any idea if this works?

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Any idea if this works?

Well, I was searching and it works (they say it works with ati 5700, 5800 and 5900 for desktop), but don't know about qe/ci, opencl and opengl is enabled or can be enabled. I can't try anything without be sure, because i cannot spend much time. I have to work with video, audio and photos and i game, too. That means i must have a full working laptop with OS X as main.

NOTE:Xan21, good work with knight rider mod for gta. I am not registered. :)

SonLevent

SonLevent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry for my bad english. too. And I want to ask some questions,

* Is your screen resolution 1366*768?
* which osx86 project is yours(iatkos, ideneb vs)?

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

* Is your screen resolution 1366*768?

Yes, that's my screen resolution, but i have an external monitor that i would like to use (it isn't really necesary).

* which osx86 project is yours(iatkos, ideneb vs)?

I am not using any osx86 project distro, just snow leopard 10.6 retail. I know i must update to 10.6.4. I use ##### for post-installation and i am trying to build a valid dsdt for the update to 10.7.

Maybe the next year we will have some ati 5000 series 64-bit kexts...

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I saw in a tester program that the framebuffer name is Megalodon. Hope this will help.

SonLevent

SonLevent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes, that's my screen resolution, but i have an external monitor that i would like to use (it isn't really necesary).

Firstly, thanks for answers... I want to ask another one, too.

* How did you make your screen resolution 1366*768 ? 

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Firstly, thanks for answers... I want to ask another one, too.

* How did you make your screen resolution 1366*768 ?

Sorry, i didn't urderstand your question. That's my screen resolution, but mac os x just recognizes 1024x768.

Sorry for confusion and delay.

SonLevent

SonLevent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Sorry, i didn't urderstand your question. That's my screen resolution, but mac os x just recognizes 1024x768.

Sorry for confusion and delay.

i wanted to ask your mac os x's screen resolution and i understood that yours is 1024*768. 

Jitters

Jitters

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

i wanted to ask your mac os x's screen resolution and i understood that yours is 1024*768. 

I'm running Vesa graphics and my resolution is something like 1040, by 900 (I have a mobility 5870)

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I'm running Vesa graphics and my resolution is something like 1040, by 900 (I have a mobility 5870)

That's like me, but your screen resolution is different (1440*900). Maybe, someone with netkas's knowlegde about kext hack (or Netkas) could give us a solution for get working an ati mobility 5000 series.

SonLevent

SonLevent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
is there any chance for me to make my screen resolution 1366*768 with my ATI 5650? with Vesa graphics or anyway?

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

is there any chance for me to make my screen resolution 1366*768 with my ATI 5650? with Vesa graphics or anyway?

for mobility hd4xxx this one works as a universal driver without QE/CI, only for correct resolution , I have 1366x768x32 with this on a HD4650m :

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=190586

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

for mobility hd4xxx this one works as a universal driver without QE/CI, only for correct resolution , I have 1366x768x32 with this on a HD4650m :

Please, post solution for ATI MOBILITY 5000 SERIES!!!!

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

it is a UNIVERSAL driver for Ati cards.

Instead of shouting you should simply try if it works for 5xxx cards. Worst thing is you get a kernel panic, then reboot in safemode and remove it.

SonLevent

SonLevent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

did anybody test it with 5650? and on this page a lot of .zip file are available, which one should i download and install?

in the end of the topic, it is said that this kext isn't working with ati 5xxx cards  :borg: :)

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

did anybody test it with 5650? and on this page a lot of .zip file are available, which one should i download and install?

in the end of the topic, it is said that this kext isn't working with ati 5xxx cards :unsure: :wacko:

For Snow Leopard, download the first zip, the next one is for Leopard.

I wrote this because I saw a lot of persons trying kexts for 4xxx series or universal kexts, like this, and they didn't get working

Instead of shouting you should simply try if it works for 5xxx cards. Worst thing is you get a kernel panic, then reboot in safemode and remove it.

OK, I understand it, but I said cannot try anything without be sure (just one comment saying it works without KP).

lince5

lince5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Just a question. How do I install SL on an MBR disk with Windows 7 and Ubuntu, if possible without OSInstal.mpkg method? How do i make an ioreg dump without kext?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy